1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Famous Inbred Dogs

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by wardogkennels, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Cadibuck

Cadibuck Big Dog

Yeah Lee, I believe his standards will get called into question when them guys get a look at that statement. Always interesting stuff.

2. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

Dam people need to read better

The man clearly stated that the only line only dogs that dosnt or shouldnt trace back to dibo is the ofrn
    As far as the ofrn not being a working dog well thats his oppinion

Not a bad one at that

3. First off, thank you everyone who explained what I meant to others. I meant no offense to OFRN and I just don't like them and that is on me not anyone else. FB opinion doesn't mean anything to me on his crosses, anymore than my crosses mean to him. Plus, this thread isn't about that, famous inbred dogs if I recall.

I don't have time to show someone how to set down and read names in a pedigree but if you look back into Dibos, we see numerous things that you don't see in these inbred dogs today was my point. Given the first ones you see in Dibo's pedigree is the Jerry/Fly of Panama litter being, Gimp and his littermate Shorty, in the first 4 gens, these dogs show up 4 times in 30 dogs, certain degree of inbredness. Then the dogs behind, Jerry and Fly show the same type of breedings there as well. In Fly, you have Armitage's Kager peppered through out her pedigree, numerous on top of numerous times, with certain outs quite often ending up in Colby's dogs or in relation to Colby's dogs. Then behind Jerry, you find Feely's dogs, in particular Jim and Billy, being the main focus with grip, cricket and pilot all showing up as the main contributions this is just the top beginning of the top side. Then you start in on his dam, showing the same dogs if not them, the same family of dogs but again turk, cricket, pilot and again lots of kager in there again. But then again, you run into the same family again on the bottom side from Fly of Panama/Jerry with running again into gimp and shorty further back towards the 7th and 8th generations. So all and all, the godfather of gamedogs as we know it is actually a really inbred dog with certain outs and to a certain degree of linebreeding, if more was known about dogs and pedigrees of them, more I could make this arguement more fun and really put the idiots talking crap to sleep. But the thing that makes me think, more of these dogs are related, because the % of these dogs don't show to outbreedings because the gene pool is way to small for the % not to be there, it shows to outcrosses and inbred which produces good dogs when done properly like Dibo. I think more of those dogs are related than what we realize. I am not trying to blast anyone but Dibo has a lot more to contribute today than just his legacy of being the premeir stud dogs of all the 1900's, he has a true breeding pattern that is only seen in performance animals. This type of foundation animal is seen in different ways in pigeons, racehorses, and greyhounds for example. They kept it tight but not so tight, the pedigree couldn't breathe at all.

4. chef_kergin

chef_kergin Big Dog

yeah, he's heavily inbred on "real" ofrn dogs. thanks for proving my point. you don't get one without the other. but just because the dibo dog himself doesn't show up in the ped of today's "performance" ofrn dogs, doesn't mean the recipe for the sauce and how you put it together isn't nearly the same damn thing.

5. So all of that explaination is wasted and it was caused because your ego got hurt by my comment. LMAO. That is pretty silly but oh well. You have yours and I have mine, it is called personal preference of dogs. I am sure there is a peformance OFRN somewhere out there, but at the same time I bet there is a Razor's Edge that could win also somewhere out there so should we include RE dogs as a possiblity as well. This is why my handle is what it is. People can't have an intelligent conversation with these dogs without promoting their own propaganda.

6. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

Whydid im payn attention

It all makes sence to me

7. chef_kergin

chef_kergin Big Dog

which of the seven other posts besides yours and mine to each other helped explain what you said?

oh yeah, stroking my own ego since it got hurt. :rolleyes: you are the one who sounds sour about this friend, i don't even have any "ofrn." i don't even have my own standards since i don't have bulldogs. ;P just hope you don't ever have to stand across from one of those dogs you don't believe in, might make you question your beliefs.

and my posts must've been wasted too, you're not getting how he's inbred and how some of today's performance family-bred dogs are put together very similarly, near-identical ancestry included

sorry for getting off topic Wardog. whydid, if you want to be the "one-upper" in the topic, feel free to pm me.

8. Fascinating stuff it takes a good deal of researching and understanding to accept that inbreeding top breeding stock creates stronger dogs.

Thing I find is not to try to educate the masses on this subject as its better off leaving them in the dark with all the sorry exscuses they call litters being churned out the last thing we need is idiots deciding that the way forward is to inbreed their "stock" because if the dogs have defects inbreeding does nothing but highlight the probs.

9. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

youre gonna have that Cut N Paste. folks get so caught up in paper all they do is try recreate the past,
    ending up with a breeding program that spinning wheels and going nowhere.

10. Im talking about the irresponsible 'back yard breeder' types more so than the show folk.

11. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Eisier to concentrate the genes you want withsimilar bred stock. If your breeding to keep certain traites. And out cross when you missing something. Or go back to the dog in the ped that had the missing trait to bring it back. But you shouldnt run in to problems if you breeding foor all good points and not hoping that some bad things in both dog will magically produce offsping with no flaws.(cause now you got a litter or "what chagunna do-withems" better to make sure all traits that you want are in botjh dogs . And hope for better that expected dogs. And save the money on raising no goods. You want to aim for "high pesentages of good animals" as they say.
    But sometimes you just got to try it out o find out!

My 2cents anyway on that...

You should want to keep everything you breed . Not just find homes for pups. You can breed a hound but if that

12. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse Big Dog

I can think about 20 to 30 examples of OFRN dogs that can compete TODAY!

13. pit4ever

pit4ever Banned

anyone got better picture of Gr Ch Sir Dog ?

14. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Lots of stuf about famous inbred dogs in the past hase not been notised!!. And ore taken in acound example
    Tudors dibo was probely the first and best Pre potend dog that produced a very cosistend hard mouth in his ofspring and there ofspring. elivating the breed in its intyer to a higher level. At that time and the necst 30 years afther .

Prior to his era . inbred dogs who where comon bred bij diferend individuals who bred there own ""carasteristic"" famelys, had to show there truths in there bloodlines.
    Those inbred FAMILY dogs of the diferend famelys would shine alot tru there gamenes when faced ""etchoder"", Yet when pitted against a hard mouthed battle cross game dog, these inbred bred dogs would fade down a lot faster.FISICALY as its no secred that inbreeding not only locks on on the good stuf, but multipli the bad stuf twice over.
    "
    IF we talk about TIGHT bred dogs then thats a diferend ball game and not to be confused with INBRED dogs!!. here is a aczample http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=328280 chek his top side back in the generations around the ch spike dog, then slowly come back forward. then chek his bottom side... this dog is NOT a inbred dog but a tighbred Family dog. Iven tho he hase inbred famely dogs in his pedegree, he is not a inbred dog on A particulair dog, but he is a Tightbred dog out of diferend individuals of that famely.

Sins i can only speek about familier blood that i know. i like to mentiond the Flakey Bitch.
    She was triple inbred on Nelis ROM who himself was a 3/4 pure bred tight bred dog . (who clearly showed inbred signs!!! A dog is often not what his pedegree shows!!!! as a pedegree is a piece of paper)

Flakey geneticly was 87 1/2% inbred on Nelis Rom who was a very tightbred dog. on rufus Alligator.
    Nelis was bred on a Bitch called Tug Rom who was a 3 way cross, a bitch out of that breeding was bred back to Nelis rom to produce another bitch that was bred back to Nelis rom again to produce Flakey.
    So Nelis rom was the father the grand father and great grand father.
    Flakey beat and quit the mother of grch Bandjo and BB Red. a bitch called betty Jo .
    Its ecstreamly ""rare"" to find ore breed ""sutchs"" a inbred dog that ""can"" perform and ore take it and over come!!! sutch a event at that level.....
    Then there are inbred dogs out of tight bred semi inbred dogs like this dog http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=326352 and ofcours there are inbred dogs out of outcrosed dogs.
    So at what level do we consider a famouse inbred dog ""famous"" for its quality and its level of being ""inbred"".

clearly the second aczample is of mutch ""tighter"" inbreeding as the inbred dog on a outcross combination.
    Therfor i think we should take this topic lightly and ore be more specific
    about what is ment bij famouse inbred dogs...... Ofcours i would vote for Flakey ,yet its the bitch that lost to her and quit that whent on to be more famous!!!!!!.

15. NorCalTim

NorCalTim Big Dog

I was reading about how many times it was ethical to breed your bitch.
    A man from Germany wrote how in his country, only CH (I'll be it they were show and working German Shepherds) were bred.

Point being that he made sure to breed his bitch to multiple sires in order to know the bitch not only was a CH, but threw Champions.
    If the bitch was only bred to 1 sire, you will never know if the pups were good only (mainly) because the sire was good (not your bitch).;) I am sure this may be common knowledge to some, or just my opinion to others.

On the Inbreeding question. I have not worked with the cream of the crop, however I have found my house APBT (from game stock), threw some super tight pups. I knew the dog InB would be a good producer (well, a good producer of my some what watered down house dogs - just somewhat).

Why do I use him? Snakemans Pedro, 20% Woods Snooty, he http://humboldtpitbulls.com/P2TheM_Carver_ped_.html seemed to be the best in the litter and similar blood to what I have already used, just tighter. He is light on his feet and on and on.

16. i feel like when you choose a good starting line of dog and use line breeding you have a better chance of getting the best from that line of dog thats why i use inbred carver crossed out wth a 27 time redboy dog

17. Tndog

Tndog Pup

I guess things have changed from when i bred dogs.We kept one strain as pure as we could through linbreeding and inbreeding.We would make a cross only to get battle dogs when you cross a inbred strain that is when you get your fire breathers the old dog men i knew sore by it.They believed that you had to inbreed and linebreed to purify the strain and you cross to get the bone crushers.We bred the Bolio blood and would put a 1/4 to a 1/2 Eli I did make a cross to a pure Clouse Bitch that was HOT but that was 35 years ago i guess things change.

18. TheStunnah

TheStunnah Big Dog

wow good thread & info in this thread

19. preme

preme CH Dog

20. 76muscle

76muscle Big Dog

In the end, its all a gamble... Roll the dice.