1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Fake champions over the years

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by DWBK, Sep 5, 2015.

1. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

I also want to make it clear for anyone else reading we are of course in regard to Kemo and his title or non title is conformation and weight pull anything mistook is on the readers part and not actual fact.

2. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

I do not have a long distance phone plan but went ahead and phoned 2 men who as tigerboy likes to refer are ''in the know'', men I have known for years, men I have been to shows with, men who are from the area (and not N.C.). men I trust.

Turns out I AM FULL OF SHIT and on this was not ''in the know''. I took someone for their word I should have known better on but had never wronged me before in our ''dealings''.

Say what you want about me but it will never be said when I am wrong, when I have put my foot in my mouth, I will admit to being wrong and offer an apology if I acted as a dick. Wouldn't go so far as sayin I was a dick but was snotty. tiger didn't play into it and acted as a gent...why...he knew he was in the right and didn't need to engage. Head was in my ass bro, tip of the hat sir and sorry.

The Saint likes this.
  3. tigerboy5

tigerboy5 Big Dog

No need to apologize. I didnt take anything you said as snotty or dick-like. Nothing should be taken too seriously in these dogs especially when neither of us own the dog in question.

4. StarLion

StarLion Pup

Mighty decent of you both. Chuva, you just earned my respect. I think in match reports there should have been a dollar range as well as the "*" "1" that we knew. Matches should have been reported < $1000, >$1000 .......>$10000 or something to that effect. While many are quick to say heavy gamblers do not define the sport, the amount willing to place on a charge is a measure of one's confidence in animal selected and work put in. These same high rollers, at least the realest, I know would do it for crumbs if you come to their kitchen. A whole host of the book, magazine and internet legends attained their fame doing it for chicken feed and into less than reputable competition.

5. david63

david63 CH Dog

That is noble of both of you.

6. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

Thank you both. I won't name how I got the info at first but lets just say it was right from the horses mouth. Fool I for listening.

7. dwd58

dwd58 Big Dog

I disagree. What causes more cheating in this sport is the money. Take out the money and most of the cheaters will be gone and what is left would be mostly people in it for the dogs. Money has done almost as much damage to this sport as drugs.

The Saint likes this.
  8. Thunder98

Thunder98 Big Dog

I agree dwd58, dogs don't know how much they pulling for....darn shame.

9. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Although there is a certain degree of cheating in every sport, the main reason why there is so much cheaters (regardless of the money) is because this sport is fucking ILLEGAL....hence why anyone can make a fake champion, all you have to do is loosen your lips and spread rumors/gossip around LMAO.

10. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

couldnt agree more and most true sportsman dont cheat to win because they want to know what they have...
    take it the money and there are a very few that are so competitive that they might still cheat if they get the chance but a rare few...
    an old sayin, more money more problems...

11. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Without money these dogs wouldn't be what they are it'd just be a bunch of curs doing country rolls seeing who could whip who. The dogs were a product of needing an animal that would have an advantage and ultimately bring home money.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2015
  12. tigerboy5

tigerboy5 Big Dog

I agree with Naus. If all someone had to lose was bragging rights what reason would there be for someone to put 100% effort into making improvements in the quality of his dogs. It's like pro athletes, yea they sign contracts for gauranteed money but those contracts also have incentives that push the player to do his best all year long.

13. old goat

old goat CH Dog

damn i was going to wait and see what else was said but damn . money doesn't make a dog or a man .

14. Thunder98

Thunder98 Big Dog

To me there's nothing wrong with a decent bet when pulling the hounds ,but when its really up there, there way to many problems that come with it and to me only the dogs suffer. In this case its about the money not the dog. Those that lose for a decent pull would be given away as pet pullers those that lose for the big pot end up terminated more than likely which IMO is sad. So there you have it GR CH XXXX with not even a mosquito bite on him.

15. StarLion

StarLion Pup

And right there is why there will be champions and there will be CHAMPIONS. Mind you when referring to high rollers it's not the odd fly by night drug dealing dude we speak of, it's the ones who've been doing it at a consistent level for years. Hit a man real hard in his pocket and you see how game he is. The greatest amount and most risk of cheating takes place at conventions or anywhere there is no control of spectators. One does not reach a certain level playing among the elite building a reputation as a cheat, so that argument is void; in fact it's the guy to whom the "title" means more and not the pot that is more likely to cheat. Again I maintain the name before the title means a whole lot more than that title.

16. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Money won't make a man or dog, lack of money won't either. Some people may lay out 100k or more on a race. If that person has a mil or two in the bank is it much more serious to them than a person that lays down 1000 and has 5k in the bank?

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

17. c_note

c_note CH Dog

Hell naw. Period. Bettin BIG money is what fucked the dogs up, not the "country rolls"! More pride in country rolls compared to EGOS and big money. I know plenty of country boy that will see you just for pride's sake! I also know D-boys that only do racks and up! Most of the big names in dogs were also involved in drugs, one way or the other! Not all, but a lot. Where else would they come up with that kind of money to bet on dogs??? A man who worked and saved 10k is less likely to bet that 10k on 1 dog match. A real "dogman" would do it for pride, most just price you out with egos today. First timers at $1500? I ain't got it. Used to be a workin mans sport, now mofos act like it's the nba or nfl!

The Saint likes this.
  18. c_note

c_note CH Dog

PRIDE is the reason to put in 100!!!!!! Y'all talkin bout egos! Michael Jordan didn't need incentive. Neither did Shaq, Kobe, Magic, Isaah, Montana, Rice, Marino, Elway, and all the pro athletes who wanted to WIN!! Lebron needs incentive, Dwight Howard, Vince Young, Lamar Odom all had/have talent but need incentive to play their hardest! Ego is different from pride. You call me a bitch you hurt my EGO. You call my wife/girlfriend a bitch you hurt my pride. The pride and ego lines get blurred sometimes.

19. C2K

C2K Top Dog

So what are saying? You really don't know shit? So you lay claim to the title of (_?_)?

20. niko

niko CH Dog

Yeah Michael would've played hat hard for free lol... In the 1997-1998 season, Jordan made $33.1 million. It's still the highest single-season NBA salary ever.

At the time the salary cap was $26.9 million, and the average NBA team payroll was $32.7 million. There was no maximum salary rule, and teams were allowed to go over the $26.9 million salary cap to re-sign their own free agents. So in summer 1997, Jordan signed a one-year, $33.1 million contract that would be impossible under the maximum salary rules, which were established in response to the contract in 1999.

Jordan's 1997-1998 contract was insane in retrospect. His salary alone was more than the entire payrolls of 19 out of 29 NBA teams that year.

If the same rules were in effect today, Jordan's salary would be worth $66.6 million, based on adjusted average payroll numbers. $66.6 million!