1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

explosion in Growth

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by karnage, Feb 6, 2005.

1. karnage

karnage Pup

has anyone every owned or known of a dog to suddenly 'explode' in growth (wideness and head size) after the age of 2 1/2years.
    thankyou all

2. PADogman

PADogman Top Dog

No a dog usually stops growing around a 1-1 1/2yrs old.

3. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

Thats not 100% true

4. SWAMPER

SWAMPER Pup

The We Got From Mr Boudreaux Had A Pin Head Till He Was 2 Then His Head Blew Up Biggest 1 On The Farm Almost

5. karnage

karnage Pup

swamper when did his head stop growing?

6. dhcrew

dhcrew Big Dog

my males head didnt grow into him til 2 yrs

7. SWAMPER

SWAMPER Pup

its still growing lol or its getting wider in the jaws should i say

8. karnage

karnage Pup

How old is he now swamper?

9. pit stop

pit stop Pup

It is quite normal for many pit bulls to go through a "filling out phase" between 15 and 24 months. They will often appear long legged or gangly from 9 to 12 months depending on the family traits carried by your dog and then "explode" as you put it when they approach 2 years.

My dog only gained a little over 4 pounds between 9 and 12 months (77lbs. to 81.7lbs.) but I fully expect him to fill out some more in the next year.

10. PADogman

PADogman Top Dog

might just be my dog then cause he didnt grow any after he hit one and a half years of age.Still about 70lbs and he's 4 now.