1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Everyones thoughts

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by Old Timer, Jun 21, 2007.

?

Should i stay or or shoul i leave

Poll closed Jul 1, 2007.
  1. Yes i should stay

95.7%
  2. No you should leave

4.3%
  1. Marty

Marty Guest

Old timer I'm personally asking you to stay, as was said... don't sweet the small stuff man ;)

2. SJBPolo28

SJBPolo28 Banned

Hey Oldtimer I promise you there is no one on this board more hated on than me (most of it is my own doing):o . But I am as game as they so I stay around and continue to inform or piss off. Stay man we need as many different ideas and opens as we can get.

Brush the haters off like fleas!!!

3. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

Don't let it bother you if someone objects to something you post. If you are waiting for universal popularity you are in for a long wait.

4. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

like i said it was not about if i was popular or not,i just wanted to see if i was contributing in a valid way,or was it like was told to me.like i said i am here to educate and if it was like i was told wich obviously it was not then there was not point in me being around here.what was told to me was i was contaminating this board and pushing my bullshit down others throats and no one would say any diffrent because of who i am.that was the exact words that was used,wich is why i made the thread i figured if thats all everyone thought then i had no buisiness here.because that was not my intention of joining this board.i didn't make it to seel if i was popular or well liked or because someone might disagree with me and it wasn't for pity or that i was throwing a temper tantrum.i wanted to see if folks thought i was contributing in a valid way that was the sole purpose of this thread.to see if what was told to me was the truth or a lie.and now that i know that i will be sticking around as long as i can.but if the majority ever get tired of me just tell me and i will just go back to doing what i have always done,raising and taking care of some damn fine gamedogs.

5. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

LMAO I don't know about that! From I have been told I am hated by alot of people on here. I have even been told that at one point people thought I was a cop LMFAO.

Old Timer you better not leave, I enjoy reading your posts. They are usually helpful and informative. If everyone here left everytime someone got mad at them on here NONE of us would be here. I am sure we have ALL pissed each other off at one time or another.

6. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

simms said it better than me,,,

everyones not going to be happy most of the time but to have more experience here than the only few that are is a good thing,,, alot of the time when ii'm reading a post you have replyed to i won't even reply BECAUSE you have already said what i was going to or you just said it better,,,lol,,,

sweep them off your shoulder

normally i don't get involved in discussions like this but i am asking you to stick around,
    later friend
    GHOST

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2007
  7. highspeed

highspeed Pup

Well sir, I'm new here so my opinion means very little, I realize. I am so new to this that I have absolutely no idea who you are other than Old Timer.

I have, however, spent hours (and hours) reading old threads and I can say this: I have enjoyed your posts since I read the first one. Why? Because there is no PC bullshit. You call it like you see it, right or wrong, popular or not.

In this day of beating around the bush for the sake of politcial correctness and sensitivity, it is refreshing when somebody just comes out and speaks the truth. A thing can be unpopular, politically INcorrect, and true at the same time, which people seem to have a hard time understanding for some reason.

I sometimes think I was born about a generation too late.

So anyway, for what little it's worth, I like reading your posts. Lots of good information in them for us newbies. If your posts or the content of your posts aren't appreciated by some...well...you can't please everybody.

8. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

Old timer: My point was just that no matter how useful what you have to say might be, SOMEONE is not going to like it and don't let it bother you. It would seem the overwhelming opinion is you should stick around.

9. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

So...as was asked before, who are you?

10. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

i will tell you like i have told everyone i am Jesse Smith from Snyder Texas.nothing famous about me i am just a old man who raises Boudreaux dogs and have for many many years.am friends with some famous dog men and know just about anyone who has came and went in the sport but never claimed to be famous myself.thats about all i can tell y'all because thats all i am.

11. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

I personally find you very helpful, and not a contamination *sp*...So, yeah, I'd definately say "stay". You have more real life experience and knowledge of the breed than most, if not all of us.

12. You know what the( Snyder, Texas ) Jesse James in my head would do if somebody had tried to piss on his leg? He would slowly turn his head and spit out a good load of chewing tobacco .......then he would ask well-considered: And? I hope Texas is still Texas.To be Honest I was also very distrustfully. Everybody can be called old-timer .... everybody can be on the Internet what he wants. OK however Jesse My name is Thomas. If you have old dog pictures.... Point! :D

13. Searcy Jeff

Searcy Jeff Top Dog

I concur! Old pictures that are not accessible through books or the internet would be nice to see.

14. 440rider

440rider Guest

can you post some peds of boudreaux dogs you have.....surely, you have some good ole blind billy blood. Would be interested to see what boudreaux dogs you've been breeding into/working with. We had a dog sired by a tight bred billy boy dog about 10 yrs ago http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=132091 always very interested to see what direction people are going with their eli/boze blood and how tight...

take care!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2007
  15. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

you know Texas ain't what it used to be.i remember when i was a young man how diffrent it was.men was men women was women and a person knew right from wrong.now a days we got a whole bunch of folks from diffrent parts of the country and they are trying to turn even the smallest towns into what they left behind.we have been invaded by city folks and city folks trying to act like what they read in a Jeff Foxworthy book,or what they seen in a western movie.and thats even right here in Snyder.most of your Texas people have left and headed deeper south or to other quiet parts of the country like Wyoming and the like.where folks still know right from wrong and live good and honest.there is still a larger number of people like me here but the numbers of the others as i call em are steadily rising,i went into Gebos here just yesterday and for those that don't know Gebos is a feed store.but anyways i went to Gebos to get me some new overalls jeans and a new pair of work boots i seen something i never thought i would see in a feed store a pair of pink flip flops for men and some kind of a shoe that looks like a clog called a croc also in funny colors for men.and i asked what was the deal with this and the man said just a sign of the times folks is changing here and we need to accomadate them or they will find other places to shop.now Gebos used to be a tried and ture farm supply store.but now it has all changed and not for the better in my opinon where all you used to see was pickups that worked,now it is hybrids and the like.

16. Michele

Michele Guest

I'm sorry but this made me laugh..LOL.....we have them here in New York city.....

17. NC

NC CH Dog

Well I guess since no one else spoke up from what I can see and said why they voted go.. I'll tell you why I did (not that it matters the members here want you to stay and voted so). I voted go for a few reasons.. one being that I didn't like the whole who wants me to stay poll.. came across in my eyes at least as fishing for compliments, and pity. I didn't like that.. Secondly you remind me alot of Atilla and his stories... there are several people on here that I spoke with about right after I became a member and told them I though Atilla was full of himself and some other stuff as well. His stories like yours are too fantastic.. Maybe they are true, I don't know but I have a few doubts. Your story of seeing Toney and Ted match in miss back in the day was almost word for word out of Stratton's book The World of The American Pit Bull Terrier.. which he pulled the story from a lady..Linda something or another which she sent in to the Gazette. So with all that being said.. I honestly don't care one way or another if you stay or go.. its a screen with words you're not in my yard bothering me so enjoy yourself, tell your stories and live long and prosper if you're a star trek fan.

18. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

I voted 4 u to stay. We havent talked much, but u remind me of TexasPitDogs and I beleive u 2 knew each other. Do I always agree with your simple ways of the past?? NO!! Will I listen??? Yes!!!! You are doomed in the future if you havent learned from the past is what I have always been taught.

Most of the people on this board dont know the difference between an itch and a scratch anyway, so Fuk em. Fake a$$ CPU dogmen that dont have a clue even if u sold them one.

Also, just like a few others said. Im not giving u credit for being some "oldtimer".
    Im giving u credit for having some sense in your head and sticking to your guns.

YFIS

19. Well pink flip-flops for men....honestly WTF turns this world into? It is like a mixture of madhouse and gay New Year's Eve fair . And if you say you do not like it then you are called ignorant . I really thought in Texas the world is still in order ....pink flip-flops for men...wow. :D

20. Big Rod

Big Rod Big Dog

Well in south texas it still seems old fashioned here. Boots and cowboy hats, and no pink except for on the dames.