1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

ever think about this?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by fitzpit, Oct 8, 2007.

1. fitzpit

fitzpit Big Dog

So- i was talking to a breeder about his dogs ( he has 10+) and he was showing me his hand written peds and i was kinda surprised about his reasons for not having his dogs registered with any registry at all.
    He said that with all this BSL and breed ban laws circulating, it was almost a danger to register them at all.
    He said he felt that as soon as those laws pass ( god forbid country wide) that the officials would immediatly go to the registrys for addresses and the first to be targeted would be people with multiple dogs. He also felt that registrys like APBR are set up just for that reason(breed specific registry).

Anyways,I feel there is some truth to his paranoia and was wondering what you all thought about this.

2. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

I think he's a smart man. ;)

3. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

Its not just the registries...I get Big Girl her rabies shot...but I do NOT register it with the City for that exact reason.

4. amen i wished more people did this i haven't registered a litter in about 3 yeard but i don't bred to sell either myhats off to him

5. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

any ped is only as good as the man or woman behind it....i would rather get a good dog,with a hand written ped from an honest person..than a paper hung mutt from a crook..

6. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

Yeah he ain't the first to think like that and in my opinion he is a smart man.i kept my dogs registered with the ADBA up untill they started taking in all breeds,i stayed with them the first time they did it but i was told by the Greenwoods themselfs it would never happen again and they went back on their promise.so thats why i don't register my dogs with anyone now.i keep my own ledgers just like i have done before,and now a days i would urge everyone else who is known for producing quailty dogs to do the same for the very reason you just stated.

7. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

Just a little heads up, the Vets send you records to local AC just for that reason. My sister nails people all the time that way when she is after someone.

8. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

Hmmm...I didn't know that...well I guess since I recently moved I am going to forget to update my address at the vets...they can send my little reminder postcards to my ex ;) (it will give him something to do)

fitzpit likes this.
  9. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

There is good and bad to hand written. The bad is that you may trust them, but who says the peds are not fake (This is not against the OP, just general) And no matter what, they are gonna come for your dogs. I support my registeries because they are helping us with this. I would rather have a registered dog than a "Hand written pedigree dog. You can't hide from the law people. Instead of fussing about WHEN BSL happens, lets stop it before it does happen. It just seems like his way of just flying under the radar when he doesn't help fight the BSL to begin with.

10. fitzpit

fitzpit Big Dog

I agree with some of your points but...

just because they have a breed ban doesnt mean you wouldnt be able to find them. kinda like the automatic ban- you can still get one,your just ganna pay for it.
    BTW- They WONT find my dogs ;)

11. Lol, i find it a bit funny when people think that not registering their dogs will safeguard them from a world with BSL. You would have to become a hermit living off your land to probably pull that off. If you live near any humans, you are bound to be visited by AC.

While I agree that registering can result in the scenario the breeder spoke about, it is still a false sense of security. If you have multiple dogs and people know about it, you will get that visit under BSL rule.

It is better to treat the desease than merely the symptoms. Stand against BSL now or suffer the consequences of your non-action later.

YIS,

Rocky H. Balboa

12. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

I stand against BSL and do what I can to fight it...but I'm also not going to provide a mapquest location for anyone to visit...I have ONE dog, thats a rescue from unknown bloodline/breeding and so I can relate to those that have many from quality breeding that they want to protect

13. masta of game

masta of game Banned

i think hand written pedigree are better if they r from a reputable breeder. no need to put it online

and like what Rocky H. Balboa said, it can also be a false sense of security.. as long as u live around people then there is a high percentage that they will find u. snitches :eek: lol

me personally, i walk my dogs at night, much safer and parks are empty lol i walk him from 10 pm till 12 midnight or 1 am sometimes..

when people see me with the pitbull they be like is that what i think it is, im like yeah .. thats a dog !! :rolleyes: lol

i walk my dog so much i think i know almost every pitbull owner in my area lol. they come up to u and they be like eay man thats a monster u got there i have a red nose pitty.. i be like yeah " a monster" :rolleyes: lol , the dog weights 26 kg, hows that a monster

14. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

Alot pf people just hand write peds If you trust the breeder I see no wrong in it I do it myself. But I dont sell pups so it dont matter to me to spend all that money so someone else can print how my dogs are bred. I see way to many people all jacked up on what paper says they dont really look at the dogs them self. YIS J

15. game_test

game_test Top Dog

the only thing that sucks is not being able to attend and compete in shows if you arent registered.

16. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

if you REALLY want to show then paper hang on Show dogs....... It's done all the time.....

17. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

Yea but thats what wrong with the whole reg thing You paper hang some dog then he makes a name for him self then you give a pup away and the person breed it the way he thinks he should then they all suck then the next time you hear those dogs put out B,S and cant produce. Paper hangers SUCK! If you have a good dog Be happy and be truth full how they are bred I would reather have a ped thats the truth wrote on a paper plate, than the one printed on some pretty adba sheet thats Bull sh-- .Thats just my way of thinking. Yis J

18. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

I'm with those that say not registering is just giving a false sense of security. Ever seen that site where there are like 10 pictures of bully breeds and your suppose to chose which one is the pitbull? When BSL happens its going to say pitbull type dogs as well as listing them out, and folks they already have a list of characteristics for that "type". Just how many "pitbull attacks" are from registered APBTs anyway? If you really read the stories it is a pitbull mix,or one of questionable heritage, and rarely a registered dog.

If you have ever had ANYONE out to your house that has seen your dogs, guess what your at risk if BSL passes. The only chance we have is to fight BSL, and the people helping us out the most right now are registery services, and the EBA.

I understand those that handwrite pedigrees and don't have a problem with it at all. Personally I register my dogs, and also show my dogs in the ADBA, and when someone give me that "look" when they find out I have APBTs I give them intelligent information. Does it make a difference? Sometimes, but I know I'm doing my best to show these dogs in a positive light to try and prevent BSL.

Ohhh... and how can it be said that a person who handwrites the peds are honest then in the next a comment comes out about hanging papers if they want to show "because its done all the time".... hmmmm

19. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

You can still compete in fun classes and a lot of working events.

Oh, and to the original subject at hands, I don't know what dogs the rest of you have, but I've got me a couple of Jack Russell Terriers. :D

20. they better pass gun laws, knife laws,and blunt object laws because i am not letting anyone of those duche bags near my dog.