1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

europeans and hog hunting

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by rhumble, Apr 30, 2010.

1. DOCs-ROXY

DOCs-ROXY Pup

In The Netherlands it isnt allowed to hunt with dogs on animals, but would be great to do it:)

2. In Germany, most of Hunters just shoot Hogs, or hunting with Teckel, Jagterriers, Deutsch Drahthaar... but less with Bulldogs.

In Dec. last year I was with my Dogs in the woods an along our way run 15 Hogs and one male came directly to us, my Bella (Border Collie) stands in front of me and secure me and Butch and Luna (Amstaff, APBT) attacked the Hog Luna bite in the ear and butch bite hard in the nose, then I get Luna from the Hog, but Butch was still fighting, the Hog throw him in the air, he smashed hard to the ground but stand up and bite in the neck and pull it to the ground, I went to take him away, then the Hog runs away, Butch was full of blood, I thought its his blood but he had nothing, it was the blood of the Hog.
    Damned, at this day I dont had a camera, it was heavy, I´m not a Hunter, but when I was a Hunter then I would hunt with Dogs

3. blackbisquit

blackbisquit Banned

you can only go in closed groups and hunt on hogs..
    the dutch people as far as i know go to places like tjechie /poland/bulgarije to hunt whit there dogs on hogs

rabbits/ferrets/other little annimals and birds whe allso not alowd to hunt on, only if you got permission.

allso its not alowd to sit and go fisching on every lake and water allso for that you need permission...

everything needs payment and you can do it, thats the permission :D aseholes

permission for this permission for that pffff grazy:mad: !!
    only thing good in our country:dogtongue: whe can smoke joint all day long and where whe whant nobody gonna say someting:D

4. ganja

ganja Big Dog

lol... in belgium it's kinda the same, except for the smoking lmao!

I would love to go hog hunting, but at this time I'm still looking for a job so I can't come up with the $$$ to cover a "long" trip to another country...

5. snakewidomski

snakewidomski Big Dog

Are you sure it was a male? In Germany wild boars (not hogs) runs in a pack with females, and only some young males who stands by its mother walks with them.
    Males walk alone, or in in a small pack when they are young.
    Old males can kill a pack of dogs in minutes. 2 years ago some hunters out of my area have lost more than 15 dogs on one male in about 20 minutes.

6. good dog is serbia:dogkiss:

7. ko ima kera za mec za male pare .da ima 17.700 u pit formi.za mec nek mi se javi

8. Sorry I thought in your language is Hog an Boar the same:D
    And it was a male, I think it was in the group, cause the Paarungszeit, ah in your language I dont know how to say i mean when they make babys

9. snakewidomski

snakewidomski Big Dog

A hog is a feral domestic pig.
    Paarungszeit = breeding season / mating season
    Yes it could be a male in December, but a tusker often kill or slash an unprotected dog with his tusks. And it's not easy to differentiate a tusker from a leading wild sow, they have nearly the same body.

10. Ok now I´m no more really sure if it was a male or female, I said male cause it had big teeth and was really big and I´m very glad that Butch had just little scratches.

11. Vudu

Vudu Pup

In south africa they hunt warthogs with pits , smaller than a hog but as tough as nails !