1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Europe?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Nomad, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Yeah i thought about that time to;)

2. noodles

noodles Pup

what about U.K. ?

3. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

If I remember correctly they do have their Dangerous Dog Act established in 1991 that doesn´t allow American Pit Bullterriers even been shipped trough the UK!
    As I remember they did all to put down this breed!
    They are ok with Bullterriers aswell as Staffordshire Bullterriers but if your Staffbull wouldn´t look like these overdone Showdogs and is way over size it could also get you into trouble!

Seems that these laws aren´t handled as harsh as back then, but as I´m from germany, I can´t tell you how it is today!

4. The only dangerous DOGS in europe that need MUZZLES are the governments !!!!!!!!!

5. olrts

olrts Banned

Switzerland:
    Import/Export, Breeding is Okay, for the Only States (Kantone) you can get any Kind of Problems with an Apbt, Temperament Test, Short Leash up to Muzzle your Dog, if you dont do that in some States Police Put your Dog to Sleep on the Place they´re meet you and your Dog, when they mean your dog is Aggressive they Shoot em, like my little Tanja :(

Other Dogs i dont know, i only hold Apbt here.

But in Switzerland you must with each Dog you hold (race/breed doesnt matter) make a Temperament Test between the first year of holding your Dog.

Chipping and Register is always up in EU-States (but in the Most eastern States it doesnt really Matter)

6. tamthebam

tamthebam Big Dog

@ noodles. In the UK if the police confiscate your dog because they believe it's a "pit bull type" YOU have to prove it isn't! This is the only law that doesn't say you are "innocent til proven guilty"!

7. jacko

jacko CH Dog

in the uk the police see it mainly as an inner-city problem and have created "status dog" units, in certain cases the dogs owners have to prove that the dog is securely housed, tattooed , micro-chipped,speyed or neuted ,muzzled and on a short leash in public ,rgistered at a local police station and mustn"t prove a threat to joe public . but as a whole unless you are in a gang intimmidating people pits go unnoticed , in fact they are fairly common. i am not saying that these dogs are game-bred but then again how many dogmen flaunt there dogs in public ?

8. :cool:

is that cause their all stoned and laid back

9. old goat

old goat CH Dog

butch cass , that's a stupid coment .