1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Eqvalan 'gold' (ivermectin and praziquantel) dewormer

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Buck E. Owens, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

EQVALAN 'GOLD' (IVERMECTIN AND PRAZIQUANTEL) DEWORMER

HAS ANYONE USED THIS? AND WHAT WOULD THE DOSAGE BE.

ITS THE 7.54G TUBE OF PASTE

EACH SYRINGE DELIVERS 120MGS OF IVERMECTIN, AND 600MGS OF PRAZIQUANTEL

[​IMG]

2. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I use some horse wormer but its a liquid,and not ivermectin..and i know that stuff i use works..Let me know how it turns out if you use it.

3. Don't use it. It's impossible to get the correct dosage with both products the way it's mixed. Buy a bottle of ivermectin, and buy a bottle of safeguard goat wormer. Cheapest way to go. Hit me up in pm for dosage on the goat wormer. I have to look it up.

No matter what retard says otherwise, these are the facts.

4. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

I just judge it from the mesure,it say's the weight but in 125 pound line.I have always used the equin past and havent had any heartworm yet.I have heard good things on the liquid,you can get a more accurate dose.

5. mike the point I was making is that it's mathematically impossible to give the proper dosage of the 2 products it contains. If people don't mind judging or guessing or overdosing or underdosing and think it's alright, then go ahead and use it. There's a difference between doing shit half assed and doing shit right. The reason you aren't getting any heartworms is you are more than likely hugely overdosing the ivermectin.

6. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Dont know if this is right or wrong..but the way I was taught is you need the noromectin for heart worm preventive..Ivermectin may be the same i dont know,but the people that taught me says its not.Everybody around here uses the noromectin for heart worm preventive..horse wormer or goat wormer just worm them good .Not advising anyone to do any of it .This is just the way i been taught.

7. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I dont know what the difference is,noromectin is just a cheaper version of Ivermectin..

8. APBTfan

APBTfan Big Dog

Boogiemanblood, could you please pm the proper dosage for the goat wormer and the ivermectin

9. Yeah I will look it up tomorrow and send it to you. If I forget remind me.

Bamaman normectin is ivermectin but it's made by Norbrook labs. Hence the name. :). The goat wormer I suggested is Safeguard. This same wormer is sold for dogs also. It is labeled as Panacur for dogs though. Exact same active ingredient though which is fenbendaziole. You also need a prescription to get Panacur Buying the goat version is much cheaper because the dog version price is jacked up because they sell so much of it.

10. Was dicking around so I looked up the Safeguard dosage

Ivermectin is 1/2 ml for a 55 lb dog. This should be given on the same day of the month year round.

Safeguard is 1ml per 4.5 lbs given twice daily for 3 days in a row. Safeguard is a very broad based wormer that gets practically everything. It should only be used once every 6 months because although it kills everything worms can build up a resistance to it much easier. It covers round pin hook whip and 3 different tape worms.

A very effective monthly wormer I always use is Pyran-50. 1cc per 20 lbs. Use monthly and do not use on the months you use Safeguard.

Ordering all 3 of these products online is the cheapest way to go but all are usually available in cattle stores too. Like tractor supply. The advantage to buying them in the store is you can see the expiration date. I've usually had pretty good luck buying online though with expiration dates. If you have a few dogs you will usually use it before it expires. Even if you don't it's way more economical than going to the vet. Not even close.

11. BBT

BBT Big Dog

Boogie thanks for the info. Any links for the products?

12. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

Thats what I was saying it works but you cant mesure it prop,I wasnt unpointing you I was given him what all to look at.
    Kinda funny how you think there's only boggie way.I have used it for 17 years with no problem.By the way,why not buy the tube past for dogs that they sell at ace hardware or get some at the vet if your so worried about it being half assed,I dont cause ive havnt had any problems and i live mesketto country.

13. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

14. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

http://lorie-huston.suite101.com/ivermectin-for-dogs-a130765

15. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I have got panacur for dogs at our CO OP ,,its the powder stuff u sprinkle on their food not the liquid..but its been about 6 months since i got some cause thats what i use on pups..Maybe its changed since then and u have to get it from a vet.

16. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

17. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I dont think this has been mentioned yet either..If anyone is thinking on starting thier dog on ivermectin ,noromectin..Make sure you have your dogs tested for heart worms first if your dogs already has heart worms and you use this stuff it will kill them..I have never had this happen but I know people that have ,it will kill them dead if they got heart worms already.

18. I never said there's only the boogie way. You did. I also am not worried about doing it half assed since I know I'm doing it correctly. As I've already pointed out, you're not having problems with heart worms because I can guarantee you that you're overdosing the ivermectin by a ton. Well duh, of course you're not going to have heart worms. My point mike is if you're give THE PROPER DOSAGE of praz in that product you're way over dosing the ivermectin. If you're giving the proper dosage of ivermectin you're way underdosing the praz. You're just squirting some out of a tube and saying "oh that looks about right". Now I don't know how you want to slice it, but to me that's half assed any way you look at it. You do your thing, I'll do mine. I don't post info unless I know it to be correct. I've seen so many stupid posts on these tube horse wormer pastes it's not even funny. Dosages such as "a glob" "about an inch" "a dab will do ya". It's downright pathetic. Like I said, if it works for you and you're happy, well then I'm happy for you. In the end that doesn't mean you're doing it right regardless of what you say or think. You can dispute what I say if you want. That's cool with me. If you want to check the dosage on that product and get back to me and prove me wrong, feel free my friend.

19. zohan

zohan Pup

thanks for the info boog

20. No same active ingredient. It's made in a powder also. I don't know if you're buying actual Panacur or just a wormer that contains fenbendazole but either way it's the same in the end. To the best of my knowledge you need a prescription for Panacur.