1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Emptying out

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by Studentofthegame, Nov 9, 2011.

1. I need info on feeding and timing when my four month old pup will empty out

2. allaboutpitbull

allaboutpitbull Big Dog

Feed him then walk him get him on a routine

3. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

That was pretty simple wasnt it. lol Something goes in and in a few minutes something will come out. lol It usually doesnt take long for them to get into a routine.

4. hardluck

hardluck Banned

after you feed the pup watch him real close then begin to shake him up and down side to side and this will scare the shit out of them........(dont do this i was j/p)

its all routine and pay close attention to it and note the times they go and how many hours or were minutes were in between each period that they went last. if i was you i would take the water away from the pup at around 3-4 pm no later than 5pm. this will stop alot of the unwanted peeing in the house also. pups take alot of shits man like 4 aday. you just have to be on top of it.

5. Thanks folks,

6. You hit it on the head, no water after 4

7. zohan

zohan Pup

reward right after they finished has helped me alot, it gets them to shit fast when i take themoutside instead of waiting all day...though sometimes they shit when they really dont have to when you do this. least my dog do

8. bamboo33

bamboo33 Big Dog

Anytime they take a nap they usually need to pee right after they wake up.

9. Ive noticed!!!, how much water should he have daily, he has to pee every 30 mins

10. bamboo33

bamboo33 Big Dog

I like to let them have as much as they want until a few hours before I go to sleep.

11. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

Got to love the pups.lol

12. smh you rite

13. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Thats your reason for taking away his water, because you dont want him to accidently pee in the house? LOL

Puppies need to be well hydrated, especially if they are eating DRY Kibble.

Since the more experienced members on here left or got banned this place went to shit and every newbie on here are now the experts LMAO.

Studentofthegame, dont be so easily acceptable of someones advice, take everything like a grain of salt.

I hope I dont get banned again LMAO ROTF

14. hardluck

hardluck Banned

why are you being overly emotional you fag? its winter not summer. if you dont think the dog has enough water because of the dry dog food add water to it. the pup has water to drink at will all day. it doesnt need it at night especially if its in the house and your trying to house train the pup. his pup is 4months and the pups body doesnt develop till 6+months to really hold there body movements. i dont care if you think your a bad ass because you got banned. are you kidding me? what does that mean are you a bad ass? that just means you were fucking stupid and your mouth got you in trouble.

15. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Are you trying to tell me that I am the one thats overly emotional???? Take a look at your emotional post LMAO.

Your asking me what does that mean Bad Ass? LMAO........who said I was a bad ass because I got banned? LMAO

Only one calling me bad ass is YOU FOOL...LMAO

Thats what I mean about all the wanna be experts coming out the wood work LMAO.

16. NGK

NGK Top Dog

One ounce of water per lbs of body weight minimum per day.

NGK

17. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

I don't limit water myself. I feed three times a day with water added and free access to water. I try to time how long between the pups last pee and then take them out before that so they aren't having accidents in the house. If I had a pup that peed every thirty minutes, I'd set a timer for twenty and take him out then. I also crate the pup beside the bed so I can hear them if they wake up and take them out. I'm really damn tired for the first couple months but it sure pays off in the long run. lol

18. hardluck

hardluck Banned

Saiygin you act like im giving aftercare advise to this person. how much of a expert do you need to be to train your pup not to go in the house? i didnt know you had to have a 4 year degree to house break a pup. we all wipe our ass diffidently man. i remove the water 5hrs before the pup goes to sleep and i dont give anything else for it to eat either after that and thats me. if the pup goes to sleep at 10pm i pull it away at 5 (both food and water), 9pm i pull both at 4pm. it cuts back the haslte of waking up in the middle of the night. the pup will live to drink some more water the next morning Saiygin. like i said im not over here pretending to be floyd or pat or the rest of them so take you bullshit on somewhere else.

19. thanks for the advice,its working

20. thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!