1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Eli at work

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by PADogman, Nov 28, 2004.

1. PADogman

PADogman Top Dog

Got back from a Hog Hunt in S.C and they had the best dog I ever seen.An Eli/Watchdog bread dog.I tell ya that dog never gave up and the Hog gored him in his lower jaw broke it and had a big puncture hole the size of your thumb that dog went back in for more and couldnt even close his mouth right.Thats one hell of a dog.

2. wayne1967

wayne1967 Pup

I tell ya, you say watchdog any more and the bashing begins. Nowdays they are known for the big blue dogs. I've got a watchdog bred female now I have bred to a son off of X2 Bolo who came off of garner's yard. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

3. PADogman

PADogman Top Dog

whats the word on Watchdog.I havent heard anything bad about it.so whats the deal.

4. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

Becasue when people hear the name Watchdog the first 3 words that come to mind are big and blue and Am Staff ..

pm me and I'll send you some info from my old copies of the National Bulldogger and Historic review which was put out bt the founder of the watchdog line .. they primarily wanted to keep them a working line but over time more and more people just bred them for color, size ..and they have managed to give the line a bad name ..

I have a female with some watchdog in her.. so yes, there are some good dogs out there with it in them ans she goes like the one you saw..the more she's down, the harder she works and she has a high high prey drive .. Now watchdog isnt my first choice nor are we breeding her back into any of it ..but for whatever reason that particular McCoy /Watchdog cross happended to turn out some really good dogs who in turn have produced some solid dogs.. but we also have to really test our stock and make absoulte sure they are worthing of breeding.

Now without offending anyone..hopefully this doesnt come across as that.. what it all boils down to is the individual dog. If you are usuing dogs that have proven worthy of breeding and willing to take the time to watch the litter and cull what isnt good, then you'll have some success and can build on that.. and thats what I beleive makes some of these Watchdog cross work so well .. (lol ..we always attribute it to the McCoy in our dogs lol..)

Now..on another note,..if you really get into the old watchdogs ..they were primarily Ruffian but had alot of outcrosses Blue Bully had Bolio, blue Rowdy was primarily Colby /Clouse and Creed (Red Devil) ..so the potential was there

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=62555

5. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Top Dog

I have a Blue Watchdog bred female.She has excellent drive to her.She is training in protection and is doing awesome.I agree with the guys above ,most of the Watchdog bred these days,most people associate them with size.BIG size.My female was 68 pounds @ 7 months.

6. wayne1967

wayne1967 Pup

PM sent thanks