1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ed reid

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by killadev300, May 6, 2010.

1. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

The blood died out @david63 .. Ed Reid's Stockquest video got made around 1984, the UK dangerous dogs act was passed in 1991 and although some did keep dogs after the DDA, it basically wiped out the UK game.. IMO the golden era of bulldogs lasted around 7 - 10 years in the UK.. I believe Reid dogs (and crosses) were proven to a higher degree than any other UK bloodline during that period.. Ch. Scotsman's Max, Ch. Hagar, Ch. Curstopper became brand names in Reid dogs (deservedly so) but other strains of Reid dogs produced different traits and sadly people missed them due to a fashion in owning Curstopper bred dogs.. Just my opinion!

david63 and Soze the killer like this.
  2. Fucking hell 84!

Gotta say Ed is one great breeder!
    and it showed you on that vid the first APBT in the UK.
    but that Skipper man.i never new he was as powerfull looking as he was.

Great old vid that.

stedz, david63 and oldguy like this.
  3. I bet Gr Ch Bill had a strong look of Skipper.
    was he like him?@OG..

4. Also,,i never realised Skipper was so dark colord.
    i always thought he was a lighter brindle then that.
    he looks highly intesene...but despite that,you can also tell hes a smart dog and willing to please his owner.hes got a sort of inteligent look about him i thought.

david63 and oldguy like this.
  5. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

Bill had Skipper traits for sure, smarter than a tree full of monkeys, there was other traits in him came from who knows where in his pedigree, but they must have been serial killers.

stedz, david63 and Soze the killer like this.
  6. LOL...

I bet his force was mostly Skippers influence.the only picture of him is blurry.but with some imagination,you could say he was just a black version of Skipper?
    its hard to say of looking at the pic.
    i wished there was more pics on the legand of a dog.

david63 likes this.
  7. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

@oldguy ..Must admit mate i would have loved to have something from curstopper as i wanted the gameness that i heard that line had shown ! ... i was only 15 / 16 in 84 and didn’t even know what a staffy was never mind a bull dog :).... in the early 90’s i met lads who still had the odd reid stuff from oddbod etc but they were all losing interest in them :( and looking to the new wonder stuff like two toes , boyles etc from the states ... to be honest when you looked at there pedigrees they were really impressive ! where eds weren't tested prior to being bred so you couldn’t blame them in away .... always remember what oddbod said “ they pit bulls not pet bulls “ :)

david63, stedz, oldguy and 1 other person like this.
  8. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

@oldguy ... how did you think tanya was really bred mate as i still believe the bitch is the main part in a breeding .... although no doubt skipper was a producer i still think she gets overlooked

9. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

I remember walking around the field with Hall's/NKK''s CH. Old Swamper and considering dumping the Reid stuff too, I was as guilty as anyone for looking at a pedigree and losing my senses.. Heard about them Eli dogs, saw the blood behind Swamper and thought WOW :-O Long story short I wanted an Atom bomb, took a fat mutt, untested son of Scotsman's Max to meet a prospect male out of Swamper x Carolina Abbey and realised the bomb was at my mates house round the corner all the time!
    Odbod never had the best of the Reid blood, it was game enough as you'd expect from a Curstopper breeding, but I believe the best Reid blood remained in the north.

10. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

I think there was Reid blood in Tanya but have always stated her pedigree was hung! The Reid blood was well established when Tanya was stolen from a Lurcher & Terrier show in England around 84/85, also in those days you could take Pitbulls to them shows, I think they stopped it sometime later? but I could have been totally wrong about that? Was Hollingsworth's Buzz even in UK in 1985? What I can tell you for sure is the Skipper x Lady pedigree they hung on Tanya came straight out of a children's story book.

I agree Tanya was a good producer, not just with Scotsman's Max, but also with Hell's Jock's Bash and Hell's Jock's Boss.. She was a once in a lifetime brood bitch, really liked her a lot!

I always wondered whether Tanya was a cross of Reid x Holligsworth's Buzz? It was just a look she had

11. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

Thanks oldguy

12. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

13. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

14. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

15. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

@oldguy ... cant get them to work mate but i went through some old pbn and theres pups out of max x duchess 250 :0 and pups from hagar x susie 250 :0 and a 2 1/2 year old daughter of max 250 :0

16. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

I got a small female off the Max x Dutchess litter for a friend of mine, she only weighed around 25lb, they used her for field work if I remember correct.. Dutchess was a good female mate, beat Tanya in 22 mins.

david63, stedz and reids skipper like this.
  17. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

There was some in 87 from ch sheena black x klogger when he was 2xw ..... £500 mate .... max was also at stud for £500 ... that was quite abit of money then as i was getting paid about £100 a week

david63, Soze the killer and oldguy like this.
  18. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

The Klogger x Sheena Black litter was a big factor in my breeding programme mate.. Hell's Jock's Bash x Black Max x Kelly's Sid all crossed back to Scotsman's Max because he won and his grand dam was Reid's Texas Minnie, Sheena Black because she won and her dam was Reid's Texas Minnie.. IMO the difference between game Reid dogs and Killer Reid dogs was Texas Minnie.

Think I mentioned before though.. The baddest dog I ever saw was Scar Kennels Jacko and he never had Texas Minniein him, or maybe he did? Who knows?

Dusty Road, david63, stedz and 2 others like this.
  19. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

What lines did texas minnie go back to like mate ?

20. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

Heavy Tudor on top and Eli x Carver on bottom!
    Texas Minnie produced Reid's Beauty and other producing dogs.

stedz, Dusty Road, david63 and 2 others like this.