1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ear Croppings

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by nfahred, Oct 7, 2011.

1. nfahred

nfahred Big Dog

Just got two new pups and I want to crop my male's ears. Any recommendations for a vet that does this in the metro atlanta area? and a price estimate? So far I'm seeing up to $500! Come one! Seriously?! lol

2. dutchy954

dutchy954 Big Dog

dont skimp on price if done right and look great. youll have to look at them ears for the next 12 years.

3. nfahred

nfahred Big Dog

Yeah...you have a point...but if i can get that same quality at a lower rate....I'm all ears! lol

4. You get what you pay for. Cheap price = cheap results. You can't undo what's been done.

5. i got a dogs ears done at 500e and i wanted them lower , but its ilegal over ear she got 25 stiches in each ear , good job , but i wasnt paying an other 500e to go lower and then still not happy ;-(( their is no going back ,
    and no i will not get any more ears done,

6. fonzie

fonzie Top Dog

i do ears for only 60-100 bucks

7. llamf ill do them for 20 bucks

8. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Thats cheaper than him suppling the whiskey and me doing them.lol

9. ccourtcleve

ccourtcleve Big Dog

Well we do it for about 180. But you are gonna have to have all vaccines, etc etc. Waste of money IMHO. 300-600 is avg in atlanta. Gordon, Georgia use to have an animal hospital tha did them for $60. I do not know if they are still around as my entire yard has natural ears. It scares me as I have seen dogs die under anesthesia during the procedure and I felt like it was a silly way to lose a pup. I am not opposed to cropping tho, lol I've had one cropped in the past.

10. Hey anything for a buck lls

11. nfahred

nfahred Big Dog

Thanks CCourt,...I was inquiring about the cropping because I thought these pups that I have were going to have the trademark Shorty cowboy ears....looks like their heads are catching up with them ears quite nicely! lol