1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ear Cropping, how much?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by imprezivr6, Jun 20, 2005.

1. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

his ears are too cute! If you want, check out the other thread of some before & after pics of dogs with natural ears & how they matured. Might give ya some hope yet. ;) Also, your pup sent me an ESP message & said to buy him a Kong, some peanut butter, a knuckle bone & $200 worth (all that money you had saved to do the crop with) of beggin strips. Just thought I'd let you know. :D

2. chainsoff

chainsoff Big Dog

That dog looks good the way he is. We have one with cropped ears, ONLY because he's the ol lady's dog, and she gets what she wants. When it comes to HER dogs. NEVER will I crop one of mine. There is no reason for it other than looks.

3. thanks everyone! His ears are staying..

Oh and he already has a Kong, but i may buy him a spring pole, or something to play with.

Thanks
    Dave

4. Man two weeks ago i got my pups ears cropped and it cost $85 if it was $300 like yall's i would have to say keep them natural.lol

5. where in central florida do you get your dogs ears cropped? i need a suggestion for a really good vet that has done really good work in the past.

thanks!

6. chessfighter

chessfighter Big Dog

I paid about $275 and wouldn't do it again.

7. AGame

AGame CH Dog

i have thought about doing it several times on a few of my dogs and i always talked myself out of it and i am glad i did but i have 2 pups now i think i am actually going to go ahead and have it done on one of them i love the way it looks but watch me change my mind again LOL

8. absolute peril

absolute peril Big Dog

Cost me 175$, but I got pain meds too.

9. blazed

blazed Pup

man i love the cropped ears but im scared to put my dogs through it, a friend of mine has a miniature pinscher that got his ears cropped and is deaf because the vet messed up on it. that vet even did alot of other crops fine but accidents do happen. all the dog can hear is high pitched sounds.

10. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

how does that happen you dont mess with the inside of the auditory canal just the ouside of it the ear

11. AGame

AGame CH Dog

hmm never heard of a vet messing up and causing a dog to become deaf from cropping,but anything can and has happened i guess

12. andwhere in florida are you

13. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Since its been almost three years the cost may have went up.

14. What clinic are you located

15. absolute peril. Where did you go to get your dogs ear cropped for 175

16. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

In the year twenty ten.

17. celangant

celangant Pup

...even further back to '05 lol..