1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

ducking dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Dream Pits, May 16, 2013.

1. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

This is true, if someone can't cover the bet then that ain't really ducking IMO, only prob with that though is that everyone has a differing opinion on what a reasonable sum is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...everyone will also have an opinion on the real reason some-one is ducking...

3. keystone

keystone CH Dog

is possible ..but there is only one reason .

4. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...thats true k-stone....the dog just ain't good enough to beat.....

5. keystone

keystone CH Dog

quitting against the dog that aint good enough to beat

6. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

Money can be a reason why two camps do not get together. There is nothing wrong with simply not having enough money to go into a camp who do dogs for larger sums. When this happens there is no slight on the camp nor his dog. The dog can't count anyway.

Money has no impact on the quality of a dog or his desire to compete. If there is a dog out there who will scratch for $$$$$$$ but won't make scratch for $$, well, I would have to see it to believe it.

The $$$$$$$ pot does not indicate the quality of dogs. There are tons of quality dogs being done for $$ that if given the opportunity would do the same to dogs being done for $$$$$$$.

The only time money can be used as an excuse is if one camp names an un-real amount knowing another camp can't handle that amount to prevent it from happening. That is ducking.

On the other hand if a person only comes out for larger amounts that is his call. No negatives there. But if little money dog is out there doing at his weight and big money camp won't come down, then money is the reason we will never know the better of the two.

A guy with money CAN make the choice to find out who the better camp/dog is simply by lowering the amount. A guy who does not have $$$$$$ can't make that same decision. I would not call either ducking, one has a choice to make it happen and the other does not. S

7. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

And Mr. Stevens would also do one for a bag of dog food if it meant finding out who the best at that weight would end up being. He did dogs for big money and close to no money because he was an ultra-competitor. Finding out who the best dog/best conditioner was his end goal.

One, very few people were on his level as a conditioner, and two not a whole lot of people kept a yard of dogs at his level, but three, very, very few people could or can say at the end of the day it was "ALL" about having the best dog.

Money never stood in his way, going up or coming down. S

8. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Great post, slim! I meant to multi quote both posts! Both posts were spot on!

9. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

....lets be honest,here...most off the people involved in raceing,,have XTRA LARGE "ego's".....so the right words ,,and a bit of down-talk about there dog and they will most come to a deal.........????????

10. keystone

keystone CH Dog

no lol.............................................................

11. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Basically the only time one is truly ducking is if one is scared to go into said opponent. Unless you've heard it straight from that persons mouth and believe his word one can only speculate and make assumptions as to why that person did not want to go into that particular person/competition. Only that individual person who made that decision will know his own true intentions of why he chose not to do it.

Dont it remind yawl of the Floyd vs. Pac scenario? LOL

12. olddog

olddog Big Dog

Maybe you have seen some really good dogs go --- and then you see a really great one --- A No doubt, No bull, Holly Sh!t DOG . Yes, I'd rather not go into that ! Maybe my dogs were good, but I never was lucky enough to own one of that caliber. I would have never set my dog down in a situation I knew he had No Chance of winning. If that was ducking then Quack, Quack !

Olddog

13. keystone

keystone CH Dog

if there is one dog that you are ducking ..you can put your own down
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    looking for easy ones /beginners
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    poor man's horse race/survive
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    walk up to the guy who has him open ..his face is getting white ...then just turns around and walk away ...told several times here .
    did it ever happen to one of you lol? lowest of the lowest haleluja

14. keystone

keystone CH Dog

twice it happen .
    and they have/had a kind of name lol
    both pure peddlers by the way

15. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I agree with you there, if you send your charge into something you know it can't compete strongly with, what does that say about you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

It says your ducking. LMAO........With that said there aint no shame in ducking......Its the Excuses, EGO trips, bashing and trash talking that bring on the shame.

17. SonnyLong

SonnyLong Pup

Yeah, but it's those same DUCKING phucks that will later claim that their animal is a beast after it has out-ran several lesser animals.

18. 87buick

87buick Top Dog

Fuck that if you wanted to really go into the beast, go find a beast. Most times
    Real competitive doggers look to other yards and make it happen. Combines.

19. SonnyLong

SonnyLong Pup

Today, folks would rather say they have a Ch. by out-running 3 slow horses rather know if Gameness Lives in their Animal.

Ozzie Stevens told me the following: "I'd rather take the silver medal GAME than win the race with an Animal that HAD TO BE PULLED BACK ONTO THE TRACK."

20. Dannyb

Dannyb Big Dog

If there's an entire league where $25k is the call at a weight then that's that level (or lane). If there's higher stakes and someones pockets can handle it then why waste a dog and your time on chump change? Dogs are not machines, a lot can happen in a situation. A little $500 bet is a insult to someone dedicating their lives to it. Just because a childish asswipe says you're "ducking"? The Denver Broncos didn't duck Bob and Daves flag football team after they all got drunk at the local bar and challenged them for $457.36 in office supply money. What if Peyton Manning got a busted leg because Tom WhoGivesaHoot's fat ass fell on it?