1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

ducking dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Dream Pits, May 16, 2013.

1. tigerboy5

tigerboy5 Big Dog

I disagree. If its a true "ace" the monster/freak wouldnt touch him enough to destroy him.

2. archielb

archielb Pup

Don't know how it was long ago, but I know now the hunt is more a gambling sport than anything and to risk an absurb amount of money going up against an ace wouldn't be smart. I know most will disagree cause you want your dog to go against the best, but it's a lot of 1X, 2x, and even ch who coulda became grch and who were open at the weight classes who couldn't buy a match

3. Any given sunday...u just never know...

4. Dunlap 1

Dunlap 1 Big Dog

No reason to duck anyone. If you have a match dog with an open weight, why back down from the challenge. Doesn't matter if it's an ace or a monster. What matters is who can dish and handle what their opponent puts out.
    People don't duck Anderson Silva or John Jones or GSP...why? Because they think they have what it takes to win. If you breed the best you got, cull right to get the best you got and condition the best you got. Why not show them to the best that's out there?
    I do agree it's more about money.

5. steinlin

steinlin Big Dog

Simply, 100% the truth...nicely explained! DANG..you is edumacated..

6. From my understanding , "CH" Stu Fowler ducked the Hitler dog.

7. keystone

keystone CH Dog

i think in conventions its the best ...send in your weight .
    after you hear who is the oppenent......

8. keystone

keystone CH Dog

number reason for ducking = don't wanne loose money
    don't wanne loose money from the pup factory ....
    thye get beaten up by their wife ..if they come home with out money ...lol
    very good not everybody is like that .....
    other wise this board would not excist
    duckers are in generale ..sentimental softies .......

9. SonnyLong

SonnyLong Pup

One should never avoid Competition. In the past, Seasoned Pit Dogs Were Matched....most of the time.

10. SonnyLong

SonnyLong Pup

PREACH....Amen

11. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Age old saying. A game dog is the only kind of dog that NEVER loses its CHANCE to win. Yes. Preach and amen. Some will not understand this, or they will try and make something else out of the meaning, but it's true.

12. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I really don't think CH STU FOWLER had anything to say in any matter involving the HITLER dog. Too often we create some negative connotation on a dog when in fact, it is the owner making decisions. Furthermore, if one doesn't know the circumstances behind an owner's decisions, then one should not comment in judgement.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2014
  13. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

T we should only.comment on the non judgement right ? Lol

14. CHAMP

CHAMP Big Dog

I'm sure cockonakeychain will come up with some super intellectual explanation on how Stu Fowler made the conscious decision on his own not to match into Hitler.

Sent from my microwave using Tapatalk

15. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

LMAO, Bam Bam. Yes. Wait. No. Umm, I don't know. LOL

16. ( cockonakeychain ) lol....

17. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Still need a like button

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

19. SonnyLong

SonnyLong Pup

It should always be about GAMENESS. Similarly Situated Seasoned Dog Should Always Match. There are a Few excuses.....major distance (damn Russia), but never money. Money is used to say, "I aint going near that dog if I don't have to."

Abraham would have matched Queen of Hearts against a Lion, if the lion made weight or anything close to weight. Same with Ozzie Stevens.

20. CHAMP

CHAMP Big Dog

Money is also used to say "I'm keeping anyone from hooking into my dog", people make outrageous bets because they know they won't get called.
    How is money not an excuse? If you don't have enough to cover it, you don't. That's not an excuse at all, it just is what it is.

Sent from my microwave using Tapatalk