1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

dropping testicals

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Will Power, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Will Power

Will Power Big Dog

My pup is now 14 weeks and one of his balls still wont drop anyone know any tricks to help it drop?

2. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

no .... sometimes it can take awhile. But you should (if you havent already) have him looked at to determine if
    a) the testicle is being retained
    b) there is no other testicle

A retained testicle could be cause for alarm if it doesnt drop.. can cause cancer while there simply being no other testicle, still a good idea to get him fixed.. because it is a genetic "defect" so to speak.. however, it is very hard to determine exactly where it comes from..

But as I said, sometimes it can take awhile. Main thing is to find out whats going on..

3. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Give your dog until he's 9 mo. old to see if the testicle will drop. And to determine if there even IS another testicle, your dog needs to see the vet. The sooner the better. If the vet determine that the testicle is being retained either in the inguinal area or abdominal area, then the dog needs to be scheduled for a neuter. 3 reasons: 1. it is a SERIOUS genetic defect/abnormality & is a hereditary trait 2. the retained testicle has major risk of becoming cancerous & 3. the dog will be sterile in that testicle anyway due to the body's high body temp

4. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Dont worry about it yet, some dogs dont drop until 9-10 months and even later.

5. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

man i didnt know that much went on with a male dog i have never had a male dog of any breed for more than3 months i think i especialize (however u spell it) in females.lol

6. coyrobert

coyrobert Big Dog

i just had the cancer to smack my step dads bassit hound, cause one of his would not fall, it created a tumor up in the middle of his back, better to go ahead and get it checked instead of payin out the ass for a removed tumor

7. PitbullLover

PitbullLover Big Dog

I had a puppy that second testicle didn't drop all the way. I took him to the vet and you could almost see the testicle along the penis. The vet had me do excerises twice to three times a day. It's like milking the testicle. It sounds gross but it works. You take your forfinger and middle finger. Place your palm by the dog's butt and the fingers on either side of the penis and gently apply slight pressure and pull back toward the butt slowly. It is like you are trying to "pull" the testicle to the back where it should be. Don't apply too much pressure, just a little. It took awhile for it to drop, but it did and he is perfectly fine now. The vet said that it might have dropped by itself but it is better to be safe then sorry. I hoped it helped!

8. jankab

jankab Top Dog

Hence the name PitbullLover. j/k

Sorry, I tried to stay mature on the topic but I had to throw that out there.

9. PitbullLover

PitbullLover Big Dog

No problem! :) My fiance wouldn't do it. He told me to that he would take the dog to the vet twice a day before he would feel up a dog. So I had to take one for the team!

10. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

The things we must do for our dogs balls......I had one with blisters on his balls that got infected (he sat down in the tar-paved rode while walking in 100 degree weather). For over a week I had to rub some sort of doggy ky jelly on his balls. I think that must be the reason he never leaves my side now-and loves to go to the vet! LOL

11. PitbullLover

PitbullLover Big Dog

Glad to here I'm not the only 'doggy lover'!! ;)

12. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

HAHA, hey now! I can most assuredly gurantee to you that there was no ''loving it'' going on, in fact the boy almost got neutered instead! LOL

13. PitbullLover

PitbullLover Big Dog

Hahaha! LMAO! Good Point! I'd have to agree. It wasn't much fun for me. Though I think the dog loved!! :)