1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dreaded parvo again !!

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by DEATH-GRIP, Jul 26, 2010.

1. DEATH-GRIP

DEATH-GRIP Banned

Re: Dreaded parno again !!

yeah no shit ..these money grubbers want 180 bucks a day for parvo treatment !!! non-refundable & them prick wont even call me in tamiflu so my insurance would pay for it !!! fuck a vet !!! ill do it myself , i saved one with the worse case anyone has seen !!! thank you all for your help & support & thank old goat ...great idea !! hope it works ..the sulfer .

2. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

yea i think thats over kill also.

3. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

Check your pm

4. old goat

old goat CH Dog

good luck man . don't stress to much .

5. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Your best bet is to run a line directly into a vein and use Lactated ringers, usually easily gotten by your vet if you have a good repore with them, most will just give it to you if they feel you know what your doing with it.. Sub Cutanious fluids will work too but not nearly as good as a direct line will..... Good luck and just realize a pup with parvo only has a 20 percent chance of living when brought into the vets, that % is lower if your doing it yourself.... good luck man, hope all turns out well, parvo is a bitch to bring onto a yard....

6. DEATH-GRIP

DEATH-GRIP Banned

thank you for your information , yes i know about using ivomec on young pups . thanks for sharing

7. DEATH-GRIP

DEATH-GRIP Banned

i believe the % is higher doing it yourself , i have everything the vet would give to the pup & i believe loving & talking to the pup will help its will to live , that my opinion :(

8. DEATH-GRIP

DEATH-GRIP Banned

well old goat , i hope your right about the sulfer i been giving it to her...it makes sence cause tamiflu main INGREDIENT is sulfer , fuck im stressed i just lost her brother 2 days ago , i been doing this a very long time , i dont know everything , but i know this that little bitch is the best acting pup ive ever seen or had , if i loose her its going to hurt :( hurt me bad . thanks OG ! :) & please stick around O G , this forum needs some old timers to learn from , just ignore these young punk wanna be bulldogers ! THIS IS A FORUM TO DISCUSS & LEARN , your in big trouble if anyone thinks they know it all , once you stop learning YOUV'E ALREADY LOST !

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2010
  9. DEATH-GRIP

DEATH-GRIP Banned

LOL , my motto ... i dont advocate drugs & violence but they always worked for me ..lol quote from the late great Hunter S Thompson :cool:

10. old goat

old goat CH Dog

death grip i hope the pup is doing better . but it will take a few days to see . you did everything you could . just feed or force feed and keep her hydrated . and i don't know it all but i have done alot and i learn from the guys who put use here with the good ones . i've always helped with what i learned so others want have to have a hard time . the sulfur came to me from a friend in 1976 and it worked then . and now we have medicine like tamiflu . if you read everything that i've posted . then you will know that all i have done was tell how i did things or correct people on dogs that they know nothing about . just read and you will see . good luck and love your dogs .

11. DEATH-GRIP

DEATH-GRIP Banned

Thank you old goat , she is doing the same , & i been doing all of the above for her treatment , & i still & always will believe for parvo , i can do a better job than the vet , i will give her 24 care & talking to her & loving on her will help also . & for all you smart ass haters who think they know it all ... a attitude like that will get you nowhere & you have already lost the battle !!! THANKS AGAIN OLD GOAT !! I APPRECIATE YOUR CONTRIBUTION ON THIS FORUM :D !

12. AGK

While that is quite an opinion you have, satisticly your wrong. Most people do not have the know how to properly run or place IV catheters, proper doseage and administration of I.V. fluids, proper drip rates, or the technical know how to do what is necessary to save a pup dying of parvo. Doing it yourself will drop that 20 percent survival rate at the vets down to around 10% or less by doing it yourself, even lower if you don't know what your doing. Point being, I can read a book about spinal surgery but that dont make me a surgon....:rolleyes:

13. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

In the 7 1/2 years of being a Vet Tech out of the few hundred I have seen I have seen about 4 die. So in my experience the percentage is a bit higher. BUT it all depends on how clinical the dog is. But at home treatment without IV fluids you are correct it is not good percentage at all.

Yes proper fluid rate is crucial. Not enough is not good and to much is also not good. Both can contribute to death. And placing an IV cath is not as easy as it looks. It does take practice. When watching someone who does know how to place one doing it, it can look VERY simple.

Parvo is preventable. Proper vaccine protocol is the key. Purchasing your vaccines from a reputable source. Many factors.

Parvo spores can last int he environment for years. So Death Grip I would not bring any un vaccinated pups in your environment for a VERY long time. Only fully vaccinated dogs. Otherwise this can and will happen again.

You can bleach all non pourous surfaces. But bleach on grass and soil will not get it clean.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2010
  14. AGK

By the way, I'm far from a know it all but I can tell you, I have been in the dogs for a short 15 years and have never once delt with parvo on this yard......But if I did, I am fully capable with technical skills to do what needs done as well as the access to get anything I need medically speaking......;) ( I didn't take that post to be towards me but I felt inclinded to respond to it anyways):D

15. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

No it was in general. It is good that you are properly trained. At least you know what to do.

Sad but true I see alot of well meaning owners do more damage than good because they think they know.

It is refreshing to see someone actually does know. ;)

16. DEATH-GRIP

DEATH-GRIP Banned

..thank you all but ....... I JUST NOW LOST HER !!!:(:(:( GOD THIS HURTS SO BAD ..SO BAD ... SHE WAS SOMETHING SPECIAL ...R.I.P BCB'S TWO-BITS , OHHH GOD ILL MISS YOU LITTLE BULLDOG :(

Attached Files:

17. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Sorry for the loss, RIP pup.

18. DEATH-GRIP

DEATH-GRIP Banned

thank you sir.

19. old goat

old goat CH Dog

well damn hate to hear that . i know you loved that little one very much . some vets will say anything . but mine told me that if you have the right stuff at home they will do better . because their not there at the office 24 hours unless you are at a 24 hour vet . they have to sleep sometime . the virus could have come from down the street and the wind blows it in just like dust .

20. DEATH-GRIP

DEATH-GRIP Banned

Thank you O G :( , BE BACK LATER , GOT TO DIG ANOTHER GRAVE :(