1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dont pay it if you're afraid to cull it

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by gameexchange, Oct 23, 2009.

1. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

haha

Ive talked to old dog me that would say that if you can get 40mins off a dog unworked he is fairly game
    Ive never heard of a test roll going for damn near an hour anyway if it takes that long then thats not the dog to take
    or you dont know what the hell you are looking for

as far as blowing the dogs head off you are using to big of a gun Im guessing

2. Inter-tel

Inter-tel Big Dog

Your reading comprehension is terrible. the more you post the more foolish and ignorant you sound.
    I dont think you have ever got down to the brass tacs with any 'oldtimer'.

3. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Big Dog

Its funny how most peoples knowledge and opinions come from "an oldtimer I once talked to said....." Just a simple observation.

4. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

explaine to me why you feel as though it would take an hour in schooling
    to see if a dog is game the way it was told to me is that schooling was used to see if a dog has ability and and smarts and how he handles being the down dog thats why heavier dogs were put on a smaller unworked chain fat dog to see if he was worth putting through a keep

I was always told that the match was the game test

when schooling you can say thats enough and lose nothing
    but in the match theres alot at stake
    and you may be there a while so yeah there may be a match for a hour or better but not in schooling
    its just that schooling or should I say sparing you may get hit but the person that hit you is not tryn to take your head off

5. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Big Dog

Just cause a guy is old and has dogs, does'nt mean you should listen to him...Thats something an oldtimer once told me...lol

6. Inter-tel

Inter-tel Big Dog

well frank you heard what you heard, i cant change that. And will not get down to brass tacs about my thoughts on schooling and matching dogs with someone i believe to be mistaken on an open forum.

thats about as nice as i can put it.

7. I agree, to an extant. I wouldn't even give that dog the title of "fairly game," I'd just want to work him or her and see what they did in their next roll with a little conditioning.

I have, and that's how we did it. If you're taking one to the well, you better be sure it'll stay all night.

Whoever sold you that line of shit just wanted to be across from you so he could take your money. Sorry, son.

8. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

Frankly I could give a fuck about what you think I know

And what I heard is that you can take a good dog and school the gameness right out of him and he will never look or be as good as he was in 1 hour schooling

9. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

(pre76)I dont see a need to damn near kill a dog in schooling send him/her into shock just to if he/she is game save it for the box

10. Inter-tel

Inter-tel Big Dog

well, good for you frank.But why respond if you" could give a fuck about what you think I know"
    You can hear all the shit about whatever you want. But if you believe the shit you type, you are either retarded, a fool, or both.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2009
  11. Inter-tel

Inter-tel Big Dog

whatever.....

12. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

13. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

14. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I seems I'm a bit confused about this thread, Schooling, to me, is the graduale introduction into the game, to be done in short times that increase as the schooling process moves forward (your not schooling a dog at an hour your testing him) but it is not a game test, it more of, well, just what the word says: schooling = learning process, you either game test your dog or you match them and use that as the game test. Game testing, like Frank said, is taking one fight out of your dog, or a little less gas in the tank if you will, Why do that, It could be the diffrence between Ch. and Gr. Ch. My point is, if you have to school your dogs for that long to decide if it's worthy of a bet, maybe you don't know what your looking for, or you just need better dogs?

15. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

(Thanks Button)

AGK:)

16. Boze

Boze Top Dog

first of all when i say old timer it aint some guy i met once it is someone i have an ongoing relationship as a friend and a prety good one and the man i am talking about had some of the best to ever look through a collar, and he had dogs that i have seen you all talk about and wish you got to own, and frank this aint directed at you i think you have some very valid points and you aint afraid to speak your mind. and the dogs i am talking about are the ones you all read about and dream you had dogs that good

17. Boze

Boze Top Dog

AGK you could not have said it better. if it takes that long you aint got the eye. and i ant sayin i do chances are alot of you know way more than me, but i am just going by wat i beleive

18. Inter-tel

Inter-tel Big Dog

AGK, i fully understand the process. I just dont agree atoll with some of the theories some spout about how to go about it. And i didnt talk to noone,didnt read any books, dont own a sdj, i just pull shit outta the air and whatnot.:cool:

19. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

sounds like you double talking yourself to me if you understand the the process then how can you say Im speaking foolishly
    cause AGK simply said as I said just IN english HAHAHAHAHAHA

man make up your mind

20. Inter-tel

Inter-tel Big Dog

AGK and yourself stated an opinion. i said i dont agree with what you said and others have said.(i esp. think the 40 min,'fairly game', your oldtimer told you about is laughable)

i said i was not going to get into what i think on an open forum.Brass tacs and what not.