1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dont pay it if you're afraid to cull it

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by gameexchange, Oct 23, 2009.

1. alabama

alabama Big Dog

Is right apbtstudent

2. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

I agree!! Have a friend that sends his culls to pet homes and i think its wrong. If a person has no experience with a game bred dog, then in my opinion, they dont need a full grown cull. They would be much better off with a pup. A cur aint game, but he can still be a hell of a scrapper, enough to kill neighborhood mutts. Disaster waiting to happen.

3. scooter

scooter Big Dog

I totally agree as well. I wouldn't do it unless the "home" was a dogmans home that I knew was perfectly SAFE. I wouldn't want to be responsible for the dog I gave away killing some foofoo dog thus making a bad name for this breed.

4. Boze

Boze Top Dog

the problem with you people is you think that you guys are the only ones who no how to take care of these dogs. there are plenty of responsible people out there who no what these dogs are capable of if not taken care of properly. i am not saying it would be easy and i do agree to a point that most people are to stupid to take these dogs which is why i said i would spay'/ neuter and keep them my self

5. Boze

Boze Top Dog

i can not think of the guys name right now but he was very famous and he would keep all his culls he did not breed them but he kept them untill old age and he had some good dogs

6. Inter-tel

Inter-tel Big Dog

i wouldnt give a started cur to anyone. to much liability.

7. alabama

alabama Big Dog

I dont think its so much that boze but as you probably know yourself,once they pop they wont stop and the likelyhood of them grabbing something else is alot higher,even if people know what they are capable of.

8. Boze

Boze Top Dog

i see where you are comin from man. and i have actually been thinking hard about this and i prety much agree with you. its just that even if the dog does not work out he still did his best for you. now his best was obviously not good enough , but the way i see it that dog tried his ass off and deserves a good life. but i do agree that if you do not have the space to take care of the dog yourself then i thinl the best thing to do is to do waht needs to be done, butt there are some people i would trust not many but some

9. mr.futuristic

mr.futuristic Big Dog

Do what you gotta do an move on you got 2 have a stomach in the game we play as fast an much as some people breedin you need 2 remember you gotta cull even more now

10. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

What's wrong with us people is that we are responsible!!! This breed can not afford more negative press, and I'm not gonna risk my good reputation and my yard on the word of someone I don't trust with any dog that I have. So for me to place a cull, it has to go into another trusted dogman or personal friend. To much risk trusting peoples word no a days. A breeder is responsible for every dog that leaves his yard, and there isn't much room for errors.

11. Boze we're arguing different things here.

There's nothing wrong with keeping your culls; my post had to do with placing curs...now if we're talking culls (genetic defects, not a show dog, collapsed pallate, etc.) that's a different story.

I also know a man who keeps all his dogs, cur or not, and will not palce them. They too live out a well-cared for life until they die of old age, although it might not be on the longest chain in the yard.

12. alabama

alabama Big Dog

I hear your point boze and would agree with you in an ideal world,but we walk the way we do and i guess some things just have to be done

13. Boze

Boze Top Dog

it think you are completely right and i do understand what you are saying. it would be irresponsible, to place them with just anyone and when i say place i do mean to someone i trust and by no means will they pay it will be a gift. and only to people that own the breed. only to someone i trust

14. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

****If I only had a thank you button to hit blast*****

15. ROSE

ROSE Banned

If a dogman was culling his own dogs why,would he want too feed someones else culls? and by keeping culls around you're just waiting for that accidental breeding,or accidental chain fight to happen. is it really worth it? take them to the pound and leave them if you are faint of heart.

16. gameexchange

gameexchange Big Dog

Since i started this post i'll chime back in and say this. Culling is a process that takes place in more than just pitbulls for you all that didn't know. Good Breeders again I say good breeders cull in greyhounds, race horses, hound dogs, etc. In any sporting animal this process exist. It is what it is. You cant have a week stomach and you cant fall in love with everyone that crosses your line of sight for months at a time. Those other breeds i named they have the same reputation that any good breeder does. They could easily place those animals in a good home. Hell alot easier than a gamedog but it goes back to your reputation as a breeder. What about the guy you thought you knew and gave a greyhound to that didnt make your cut but he looked at him and thought he was worth a bet on the track. You get to the track with your hound and to your suprise your cull is entered into the heat too. The guy is telling everybody this dog is good and he's off your yard. He loses big time. People are suprised that you would even have sold/gave away a dog like that. Your reputation goes down a bit. Same thing with race horses. Its more than just the animal its your reputation as a breeder. Anything that leaves your yard and has your name behind it better be able to back it. Point blank. You cant control what someone does once you give them your cull. Anything that leaves my yard is guaranteed unless its a puppy and i give those to trusted friends who have in mind my interest as well as theres. Even if I give a dog away and it later leaves this mans hands to someone i dont know and I hear about this dog from a random source, I just have to see the dog and by see the dog i mean just see him and i'll know if its from me for real or not. Ive had a couple fakes in my time. Trying to make a buck and saying they got a dog from me. You cant trust people so dont give your garbage away because one mans junk is anothers treasure and it still has your name behind it. Id rather dispose of mine.

17. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

cull cull cull

do or dont breed

if you sell your pups well it makes it kinda hard to cull dont it

so you could be putting out BS

but if its me pre76 with a yard of dogs I wouldnt keep a cur I wouldnt have it fixed either I would cull it

what does fixing it help I think thats a cruel thing to fix an dog

I belive that it came in this world in one piece and it should leave the same way

18. Inter-tel

Inter-tel Big Dog

pre-76 they kept curs for roll dogs. the ones you could put a stop watch on, 40 mins and out.
    Hard to leave the world in one piece w/ a hole blown through your earhole.

19. Boze

Boze Top Dog

fixing dogs aint cruel and i nderstand what you are saying frank it really is not worth the risk. but you can bet your ass that dog would rather live than than have nuts

20. Inter-tel

Inter-tel Big Dog

how many dogs you culled?