1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Don't Give Up!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by OhRex, Sep 4, 2006.

1. OhRex

OhRex Pup

Rex is about 1 yr. 4 months old, and he was stolen from us 3 different times. The first time, a teenager decided he liked Rex(about 6months at the time) and tied a rope around his neck and took him home(neighbors informed) on my Wedding Day!!! Needless to say, when we came home and found out he was stolen, we went to every house around us looking for our baby. We found him, with a little brute force and threats. We had to stay at my sisters house for a couple of days after. Lovely honeymoon!
    Second time, we went to go and grab a bite to eat, coming home to Rex (about7months) missing again. We were crying sad that he was gone, when all of the sudden we hear this horrible cry coming from a dog about three streets away. "It's Rex. I know it is." Low and Behold, my baby was tied to a tree in an older mans' yard. He stated that Rex got out of the fence and he was going to call the number on his tag. Lier. Rex was gone for at least 5 hours, and I never got a call. Hmph.
    Third time, I let Rex out for 5 minutes, watching him from out the window. I went to the kitchen to grab a drink, when I saw a car slowing down. Running to the door, they alreday grabbed him(7months stilll) and took off. I started screaming, and my husband dashed into the car and took off after him. He caught the dognappers at a light(idiots that they were) and took our dog back.
    Now, Rex is an indoor dog. When I let him out, it is only when I am out there with him, but at 54 pounds, and past experiences, no one messes with him anymore. He now senses danger, and knows when we are in danger. ...Just ask the cop that pulled my husband over with Rex in the car! lol. The cop let him go with a warning.
    He is my baby, and I would go through Hell for him. I have, and always will, no matter what the circumstances.

2. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

Our next door neighbors didn't even know we had a dog for the first two months they lived next door. I am really paranoid about her getting stolen. I watch her like a hawk and we only take her outside when we are there to supervise...
    So glad you got Rex back...Hope it NEVER happens again!

3. Dirty3rd

Dirty3rd Big Dog

That's crazy. But the truth is stolen dogs are increasingly becoming a common problem. Glad I live in the sticks. LOL Glad your story had a happy ending though. Keep on keepin on.

4. LegendsMami

LegendsMami Top Dog

I'm glad you got him back! I've had a few people tell me if I ever left Legend outside(my closed in 6 ft fenced backyard) they would take him! So he's not to be outside by himself no even for a second! And can't be walked w/o my GSD. I've also had a couple people at one time approach me and ask if they could buy him and the vibe I got was that they were going to try and take him from me. I know my GSD would rip them a new a$$hole if they ever tried so thats why I walk them both together now.

5. Luke.UK

Luke.UK Big Dog

Stealing peoples dogs does seem to be getting worse, only the other day i was at the local supermarket and seen this lovely looking chocolate Lab ,only a pup around6 months,it has a really glossy coat,that why i noticed it.Some guy was pawing all over it,as i was just finishing a burger i throw the bun away and asked "am i ok to give it this bit of burger","oh its not mine"he says"i wouldn`t leave a dog a like this tied up"Just then a young kid comes out,about 10-11,"oh she`s mine,she called buttons".Walking round the supermarket i was thinking to myself,that guy was gonna take that dog and some poor kid would be heart broken all because a `boy just wants to walk his dog`it`s all messed up,why can`t people leave other peoples stuff alone?

and great news on getting Rex back!

6. Esse818

Esse818 Big Dog

PUt examples on what happen to people who even looks at your dog the wrong way, that would stop them.

7. kane85

kane85 Top Dog

that is amazing that you got him back all those times more power to you and you didnt give up i have never herd of that before.

8. chitownk9

chitownk9 Pup

Nothing like havin' a guard dog for the pitbull.

9. jadedpitgirl

jadedpitgirl Top Dog

I hate to be the bitch here, but how is it that you allow your dog to be stolen 3 times? There is no reason for such irresponsible behavior. I can understand an accident once, but you should have learned from the first time. Then you admit that you leave your dog unattended in the front yard!! What it wrong with you? Why would you not watch him like a hawk. You are possibly putting him at risk to be taken and treated horribly, and maybe even killed by someone who doesn't like the breed. If you love your dog as much as you say, you would keep him on a leash and supervised or secured AT ALL TIMES!!!

10. OhRex

OhRex Pup

Hmm... It is cool. I understand where your coming from. He was the first dog I've owned, and yes, I was irresponsible. I had no idea people did things like that: and I recently found out about our neighborhood. I was ignorant when it came to dogs. I know better now. I honestly didn't even know people fought pitbulls. It seems like I was a bad owner, but honestly, I just didn't know better. I was only 18 at the time. I am alot more aware of these things now. I didn't allow him to get stolen, either. It just happened, and hasn't happened since. Thank you for the input, and know that I care for my dogs like children. Hell, they even have insurance, and I don't!

11. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

alot of time ppl think they got loose but most of the time they are stolen,,,i had a litter of pups done like this,,,now all pups stay kenneled in the house,,,,i was lucky and got all but 2 back,,, without literally killing someone,,,(almost happened but sometime you have no choice),,

12. jadedpitgirl

jadedpitgirl Top Dog

Oh Rex, I am glad you have learned your lesson, and it seems like you really love your dog. Just be cautious about everyone/thing in your surroundings. Good Luck with him in the future.

13. Attila

Attila Guest

Move from that area. Or start shooting. I have only had one time of someone trying this sort of stuff. A few hours of paper work and the court cost of the event was well worth shooting that bastard dead. A thiefs life is not worth a damn thing to me.

14. OhRex

OhRex Pup

Oh, trust me. The people that did steal him, did get hurt. And it wasn't like they could call the law over someone beating them up over the dog they stole. Worked like a charm. ;)