1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

DONATION Looks like the last scratch/DONATION THREAD

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ben brockton, Jun 28, 2023.

1. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Been fun and appreciate all the good conversations through the years. AGK , slim12 , FWK, oldguy, sleep, SSDD, Pullingcovers, FrozenEli, Michelle and Vicki. Definitely was the best fourm.
    Ps. If the fourm keeps going forget this post lmfao

david63, Ssdd, Pullingcovers and 5 others like this.
  2. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Could very well be it for the place. I've been around long enough to know nothing lasts. I've outlasted Lawless Links, Network 54, R.O.M, Gamedog History and most likely soon to be Game-dog.com. I'll still be on Facebook for those who wish to keep in contact.

Name is Eli Bolio on there. It's been a good run here and I got a lot of respect for quite a few people around here. I wish everyone the best in their future endeavors.

crook60, Elmo Vee, david63 and 6 others like this.
  3. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

If this is the case, I think it is a pity that all the work and knowledge that can be found here is lost. Thanks to all well-meaning real dog men and women and old friends for the conversations articles and photos. May it go well for you in life. YIS:FWK.

crook60, david63, Ssdd and 3 others like this.
  4. stedz

stedz Top Dog

Here, Here, all the best to all of you.

5. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

I'm on Facebook and Instagram if anyone wants to stay connected. Send me a PM

david63 and F.W.K. like this.
  6. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....I don't wanna go!!! I've learned so much here.

Nobody is going anywhere..............

[​IMG]

david63 likes this.
  7. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

We could all throw in to save it lol.

I was asked to take it over but I really can't take on another financial responsibility by myself. I barely survive these days as is and I'm not even sure what it costs per year to keep something like this going. It will be a very big loss though if it does end up just being shut down. Hopefully Vicki snags a buyer for it.

oldguy likes this.
  8. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

If this site goes down, then it's an archive of knowledge & history that won't be replaced anytime soon.. I learned loads on this Forum and want to take the opportunity to thank the moderators and dogmen on here for sharing your thoughts, experiences and opinions, it's been a great experience and brilliant resource.. Even now, I just finished copying @ben brockton post on 'Intermittent Fasting' onto paper in case the site goes down (thanks ben.) Thanks to @slim12 @AGK @bamaman @Bulldoghistorian @stedz @reids skipper @Michele @Vicki and others for your knowledge and lastly a big shout out to @FWK, thanks for all your help and kindness going back to 1993, It's both acknowledged and appreciated.. Keep going fellas & see you on the horizon :-B

9. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

Hopefully someone figures out a way to save it.

It has been one of my first stops after logging for a number of years. I work a stupid schecule/roatation and this site helps me unwind when I get home.

On top of that I have enjoyed the exchange of thoughts and knowledge over the years.

It almost like we are signing yearbooks/annuals on the last day of middle school.

Thanks to everyone who ever contributed. It is much appreciated.

S

david63, Ssdd, Pullingcovers and 2 others like this.
  10. tomjones2

tomjones2 Big Dog

Man, sad to think about this site shutting down. How much $ do we need?

11. Pullingcovers

Pullingcovers Top Dog

It was. Pleasure

12. Pullingcovers

Pullingcovers Top Dog

For the past 13 years this place has been good to me I wish I had the money to save it but I barely get by regardless thank you vikki and also who are responsible and have contributed to this forum it was a great time !

13. Pullingcovers

Pullingcovers Top Dog

for real this place got me through some thick times

14. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I def hate to hear the news ! It’s a good site and imo much better than the others . Maybe someone will pick it up .

david63 likes this.
  15. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I won’t join another site so it was a pleasure meeting most of you !

oldguy likes this.
  16. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

@AGK that is not a bad idea. Talk to Vicki and get a price.

tomjones2, Ssdd and Pullingcovers like this.
  17. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

I'll put some money on the Homey's books lol

18. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

I missed this where does it say its closing ? If it does close id like to thank you for your input and knowledge over the years … especially big thanks to @oldguy @Finito @slim12 @fwk @Bulldoghistorian and @AGK

19. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Fb. I posted the S.S. in another thread

reids skipper likes this.
  20. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

In the TINY bit of research I've done on the matter "we" could probably keep the board going for just a few hundred-1k a year.... that's if they don't try to break it off in us to get the forum.....

If we're being honest turning it over to us and letting us pay to run it would be worth it. BUYING the forum and then paying to run it wouldn't be. It won't generate revenue, we'd have to update a lot of shit since no one wanted to put any money into it, and then we'd have to police it so more "federal cops" and retards don't ruin it further.

I'm willing to donate to the cause but I'm also not stupid or selfish enough to let someone get whacked over the head to "buy" the joint.

david63, oldguy and ben brockton like this.