1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dominance a precursor towards Man Biters

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by NewSchoolDogMan, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Pirbul

Pirbul CH Dog

I'm no expert but i think most aggresive dogs are so because of enviorement. Some dogs just "try" to challenge owners at different points, sometimes by an aggresive behaviour, so if this works, they stick with it.

Dogs are primitive creatures that go by instincts and learn based on experiences, and pups are the best example because they have no previous experiences lived.

Not sure if i'm being clear lol-

2. T.B.K

T.B.K Pup

If your a breeder of high drive dogs you Will have a issue or two with a dog trying to show dominance! This is something that I learned how to address before they reach a age where it can get out of hand! IF any of you have ever spent time with a true old school dogman then you will see the mannerisms and body language that they use around there dogs! There is no need to put down a dog for biting the handler! dominance is asserted on a daily basics. At every feeding and interaction the is to be conditioned from the time of weening!I dont want to seam like a know it all or a better then thou But I have been training Professionally for 14 years and breeding for 13.and have spent a lot of some very knowledgeable old school dogmen I have produced just over 600 pups. Some top catch dog and K-9 units Very high drive & game as hell! And never had a dog get to the point to biting me! I have been bitten dont get me wrong! But is has been in intense training or a mistake was made where a dog was off leash and a fight broke out! in witch case someone would lose there job! lol

3. T.B.K

T.B.K Pup

PLEASE ALLOW ME TO REPOST SO I DON'T GIVE THE WRONG IMPRESSION!!

If your a breeder of high drive dogs you Will have a issue or two with a dog trying to show dominance! This is something that I learned how to address before they reach a age where it can get out of hand! IF any of you have ever spent time with a true old school dogman then you will see the mannerisms and body language that they use around there dogs! There is no need to put down a dog for biting the handler! dominance is asserted on a daily basics. At every feeding and interaction the dog is to be conditioned from the time of weening!I dont want to seam like a know it all or a better then thou But I have been training Professionally for 14 years and breeding for 13. I have spent a lot of time with some very knowledgeable old school dogmen. I have produced just over 600 pups. Some top catch dog and K-9 units Very high drive & game as hell! And never had a dog get to the point to attacking me out of dominance or challenging me! I have been bitten dont get me wrong! But is has been in intense training or a mistake was made where a dog was off leash and a fight broke out! in witch case someone would lose there job! lol I dont want people to think im bragging!! I m new to the board and was just stating some facts to give some legitimacy and back ground to my statements!

4. Gotta agree with you there, I won't tolerate food aggression. I will work with a dog as it can usually be trained out easily, and pups are generally no problem - they always push limits but you just gotta set the bar on what you expect from them and they generally will follow. If the dog won't get over it after me giving it a chance and working with it, it doesn't have a place with me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2011
  5. I don't think dominance is a precursor to man biting though, a lot of dogs just need to be shown their place.

6. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

agreed^^^^

7. scooter

scooter Big Dog

Dominance, Food Aggression and Man Biting to me are 3 separate issues.
    Dominance is the dog humping incessantly on you. No bites.

Food Aggression is just that. A dog that doesn't want you f'ing with his food bowl. Okay otherwise and gentle.

A Man Biter goes for a human out of the blue for NO apparent reason. Lunges for your butt growling and snapping. This is the one you immediatly PUT DOWN.

8. oldtymer

oldtymer Top Dog

If dogs were not dominate there would be no game dogs. There are many aspects as to why dogs are people mean.

9. 6sN7s

6sN7s Top Dog

one of my dog's is a very dominant male, also to some human he can be like that. but he's not aggressive.
    but i think it can lead to a bite when someone else is trying to correct the dog and he doesn't accept that. you require certain skill to handle or correct a dog like this and if you don't, it's easy to make a mistake. it's important to have people around who know what they're doing when the dog is growing up, so that it's not always you correcting him. unfortunately not everyone has people like that around them. but when i hear the word manbiter, i'm thinking of a dog who could growl or snap for no reason to unknown persons.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2011
  10. Oldskool Brent

Oldskool Brent Top Dog

We had a young male try my dad once.....once. My dad choked it out and I honestly don't think he ever showed human aggression again. My dad would have probably killed it if I didn't like the dog so much as a kid.

My whole post sounds weird, lol, dad's choking out pit bulls but leaving them around so they can play with the kid, lol.

11. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Biting and humping go hand nd hand.. I bite or get bit when I'm humping my lady. Food aggression is just that shit I get angry when a mofo got a fork in my plate. And everynow again you meet a mofo or be around a mofo you just wanna punch. They can't jab like we csn they only got teeth.. A lil over excited at times don't mske him a biter. I bet if u took him off the chain worked him a bit he wouldn't be so "aggressive" sometimes you guys act like wussies scared of a lil teeth. This part of the game. You got a dog bred for crazed intensity and prey drive. Getting a lil wild nut here and there goes wit the territory..

12. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i got enough scars on my hands, crazy intensity is one thing, but MY DOG better have enough brains to know what the f*ck to get crazy intense on.
    it aint about being a wussie either, my hands are my money makers. no workie workie, no food on the table.