1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dogs when SHTF

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by bgblok68, Jan 22, 2015.

1. b bac to darwins theory of the fittest an most adaptable survivin

2. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

If your out raping BK, I wont fight it LMAO.

3. dynasty

dynasty Pup

ill harvest iguana and we have enough produce growing in my back yard we'd be set for a while ... plus the dog chases all the liards and eats them any way so i know she would be ok lol

4. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Big Dog

I am I a worse position now than last year because of a recent move. Last year I had it figured out. I lived in BFE but u could see my house from the highway. But I had a deer camp that was 1/4 mile behind me that was totally hidden. That was gonna be the first step. From there I had plenty of game available without being visible to others. Hogs, deer, squirel, ducks, and a pond with crappie and bream. I would probly cut back half of my pack pretty fast. All of my dogs would either hunt or be gone. If they had no use I wouldn't need em. My hunting dogs would double as security dogs. I would make all efforts regardless of how bad it got to keep a minimum of 2 dogs. They would get the scraps off the game taken and whatever they could scavenge. Not sure if the bulldogs would make the cut to be honest. Basically because when it comes to hunting they are the least skilled and most limited use wise. My cur dogs would probly be the primary survivors do to their versatility. A meat dog in this situation would be invaluable.

Shotgun
    Arkansas

5. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

Depends on exactly how bad it gets n what position I'm in at the time. Best case?...nothing. Worst case scenario I keep 2-3 n use the rest for food as needed.

6. nittpittx

nittpittx Pup

Okay CRIME would be through the roof so when I said dogs with the character of some famous dogs I meant dual purpose dog's. The only ones worth your time in survival ,kill are be kill would be MAN and DOG EATERS.......

7. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I got that part I just meant that most would firstly hold on to as many as possible for the love or their dogs. I know that dogs without protection or hunting skills won't hold a value, but what better animal to have to try an adapt and mold to what you need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Handler

The Handler Big Dog

Sounds like my favorite show.The walking dead. lol Dont like thinking about that kind of stuff

9. Mop Master

Mop Master Yard Boi AKA MopMaster, Gutter Boy & LWG

id take my favorite dog (MAYBE 2).... and shoot the rest....