1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

dogs eye is not swollen but she can barely open it at times?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by josh816pitgamer, Nov 23, 2011.

1. its a little cold here in Missouri right now(idk if the weather might cause this), and today i noticed my dogs eye looked funny, its not swollen or draining at all but at times its like she has something in it or it hurts to have it open....and advice would help thanks.

2. hi-tek kennels

hi-tek kennels Big Dog

Re: dogs eye is not swollen but she can barley open it at times?

It might be an infection of her eyelid. I went threw this 2 mths ago and the vet had 2 do sugery!

3. Re: dogs eye is not swollen but she can barley open it at times?

Get some Terramycin. It does wonders for eye problems. Call and ask the vet for some.

4. Vale

Vale Pup

I don't know if you've taken it out for a walk or running lose, but foxtails are pretty nasty.

5. Vale

Vale Pup

Also I don't know how it's called in English but "manzanilla" is a tea. Soak the bag in water and then squeeze the bag over the eye. Also helps pink eye.

6. Nash

Nash Big Dog

just start rinsing it wit cooled down boiled water doesn't hurt untill you have something like oculoheel.

7. doubletap

doubletap Banned

pmsl....used to own a bitch that used to do it(close its left eye and twitch it) to me and missus just to get a bit of fussing!!sneaky fecker!stopped doing it when we realised what she was at and started to ignore her!LOL.

8. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Maybe entropian? Where the eyelid folds in and the eye lashes are scratching the cornea? I had a couple dogs in my care that needed surgery for this...

9. Tiznow

Tiznow Big Dog

Entropion or distichiasis or infection...whatever it is, all are miserable for the dog and she probably should be looked at by a vet. An eye problem let go too long can cause permanent damage.