1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

dogmen and dogwoman sticking together

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Deep south, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Deep south

Deep south Big Dog

As we all by now there was some ugly stuff going on with PIC stilling,
    Well, when it came people stood up and said no way not here you don't!
    there was warnings posted, AOL was written as well as other sites, banning
    Took place to help make all right in the dogworld as much a posable.
    what there was not,
    There was no bickering, no childishness, No boasting and no bull shit.
    what there was,
    There was dogmen and woman sticking together and standing up for each other like fighting fire and would not stop until things where just.
    in a moments time i could see this is a place I'm proud to be a part of
    With people I, m proud to call my friends, true Dogmen.
    My regrets and condolences go out to the dogs that where badly shown and to the people on here who where wronged.

2. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

Great post. Its good to know why I joined this group. Everyone stood up for what they believe in and you all did it with pride. Great going. Now if all dogmen and women were to make a stand for our breed in a bigger way I think it would be ok.

Here's an idea. If I were rich as hell and didn't have to work, I would get experienced people with the breed who have been in it for years. I would go to every shelter or at least make a tape for every shelter, dog pound, and every legislative comitee out there so they can learn what our breed is all about. I would start from the VERY beginning. Explain the history of our breed and really just focus on what it has come to today and how we can make changes. I honestly think that if they saw people who knew the breed like the back of their hands, they would know how to handle these dogs a lot better than what they do. This is JMO What do yall think?

3. chainsoff

chainsoff Big Dog

[/Quote] Here's an idea. If I were rich as hell and didn't have to work, I would get experienced people with the breed who have been in it for years. I would go to every shelter or at least make a tape for every shelter, dog pound, and every legislative comitee out there so they can learn what our breed is all about. I would start from the VERY beginning. Explain the history of our breed and really just focus on what it has come to today and how we can make changes. I honestly think that if they saw people who knew the breed like the back of their hands, they would know how to handle these dogs a lot better than what they do. This is JMO What do yall think?[/QUOTE]
    You don't have to be rich as hell to do this. College student make documentaries all the time. It doesn't take a lot of money, just time. I think you're onto something. Call some reputable dogmen and women, do some interviews, study the history, and make your video.

4. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

I hope as alot of the older dogmen /women start to get out of the dogs due to age, health etc that hopefully they will start dedicating their time and knowledge to help fighting all the bs. I know of one such person already..from Ironline Kennels, who has already started up a group to do this and plans on focusing more of his energy on bsl.

but it is also up to everyone of us. And it just starts by making sure if you choose to take a dog out in public that it is well behaved (meaning leave the fight crazy dogs at home lol!!) If you can just show one person how these dogs are, that helps alot. They may not have to like the breed or want to run out and buy one, but just that they see the better side to the breed.

And Chainsoff, what an excellent idea using college students.. or even high school students in media classes who need a project for a grade.