1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

dog work

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by GACAM, Nov 19, 2005.

1. GACAM

GACAM Big Dog

my dog is kno 1yrs and 5months i was wondering how can i work my dog on a college income? what can i use?

2. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

flirt pole... basically a pole 2-3 ft long with a 3-4 foot rope off the end with a chew toy or peice of cloth/towel/rope that your dog can chew on. you basically just tease the dog with it run it in circles and use it to make him jump keeps em busy. you can look them up online and see what people have.
    if you have a house a spring pole is cheap.

3. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

It doesn't cost a penny to run/walk my dog, throw sticks for him to chase, use the flirtpole, and use the spring pole. The only thing that would cost money is a treadmill and those are expensive. I would rather walk and run the dog myself so I can get some exercise at the same time and save the money. It cost me under 20 dollars to build both the springpole and flirtpole.

4. GACAM

GACAM Big Dog

Thanks for the infomation i just have to make a spring pole

5. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

Make sure that the dog's rear feet are always on the ground to prevent injury. My dog likes the springpole better when both feet is on the ground. Also, you may want to consider building a flirt pole. My dog gets 10x the exercise with a flirt pole than he does with a springpole.

6. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

yep i dont have a yard so i dont hav a spring pole but the flirt pole is fun to use. walking running and swimming(if your dog likes water).

7. J Henry

J Henry Big Dog

I have both a spring pole and a flirt pole and my male dog likes the flirt pole best. He will work that thing for as long as I let him.