1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dog will not go in his dog house!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Stonegatekennel, Dec 12, 2011.

1. KY BOY

KY BOY Pup

I would just make a box off the side of the house like this with no front or floor and just add straw. I had a male once that wouldn't go in the house but loved to stay in the shade part. Not sure why but some just don't like to go in the dog house.
    [​IMG]

2. mlmaas

mlmaas Top Dog

keep it clean and keep good dry bedding. leave that dumb fucker out there long enough he'll figure it out. If he freezes to death you're probably better off anyway.

3. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

Just curious why yall keep sayin hed be better off if his dog froze to death that dont make no dam sense i mean the gamest dog i ever seen wouldnt stay in his plus would try to eat his house lol so he had to be braught in doors but he wasnt just left outside to freeze cause he was a dumass lol!!!

4. hardluck

hardluck Banned

im glad i never had to deal w/this i heard some good ideas that makes sense to me that sounds like it would work. i think people are being sarcastic about the dog freezing to death, but animals have the instincts to survive and will figure it out eventually especially if its in the 20's or lower. the hay/straw issue i have heard about, but i think it is more rare than not. i guess you should look at the health and sanitary conditions of the place you are getting the hay/straw from becasue the hay/straw may carry things home to the kennel. cedar i thought was somewhat good becasue it repels insects IDK....

5. Icepick

Icepick Banned

Make sure dog house is right size, to small and the house will condensate, to big and the dog's body can't heat it.
    I had a male dog with the exact same problem once. It was like lightning had struck the house or something. Tried food, treats, going out in the rain and showing him it was nicer in the house, and so on. Drove me crazy. What finally worked for me, is I switched his house out with a bitch that was in heat one day. Done deal...
    I wouldnt let him the dog sit out in the cold, or try to lock him in the dog house. Besides it being a little inhumane IMO, your neighbors may really think its bad and call the man. Can you say routine yard visits?

6. cincyboy

cincyboy Big Dog

had a dog like that

7. fonzie

fonzie Top Dog

I agree with tapiajr just doesn't like the dog house