1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

dog run

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by BADGUYPITS, Apr 25, 2006.

1. I wasn't sure what section to post this but.......what I am wanting to know is everyone's opinion on what I need to use for landscape in the dog runs. I live in Arizona so right now I have a huge backyard with nothing but dirt. I am putting in grass in one section of the yard for the kids and then running iron gates around the rest of the yard for all the dogs. Everyone out here has patches of grass with rocks around the rest of the yard and I can't have the dogs running on those all day. So please help

2. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

what about some tough grass for the dogs?? this way they have the grass , and maybe put those pea stones on one side too for cleaning??

3. The grass you have to use here would be gone in a month. I live in a desert we aren't suposed to have grass everyone has it here now but they don't have six dogs running on it. When I lived in Texas I had grass for the whole yard but it grows back it doesn't grow back here. You have to re-sod/or re-seed depending on what time of year it is. Thanks for the suggestion!

4. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

what about sand then?

5. Sand I don't think would be bad! I would just worry about how hot it could get but out here in the summer every thing is hot! I will look into that one

6. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

How about rock dust for the dogs chainspots? I think it's Marty that uses it, with great results.

7. game_test

game_test Top Dog

Use Gravel

8. circlekpits

circlekpits Guest

I use the rock dust it works really well. But with the heat out that way I dont know how well it would work as far as making to hot for them.

9. Rock dust sounds like a good idea and I have a plce right down the road that I bet has some. Thanks for the idea! I will go by their on my way home

10. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

Ick I Hate Gravel. For The Few Dogs I Have In Kennels, They Are Set/on Cement With Tops - This Way You Dont Have To Worry Bout One Diggin Out/jumping Over The Top.

11. They have cement for their pens but I really don't want to cement half of my yard for them to run around on that might hurt my re-sell value lol