1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dog owner can't forgive Michael Vick

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Vicki, Nov 17, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

Dog owner can't forgive Michael Vick

Quarterback shows greatness on the field, but evidence of former cruelty remains.
    November 16, 2010|Bill Plaschke

While Michael Vick was screaming toward the sky, a black pit bull named Mel was standing quietly by a door.

On this night, like many other nights, Mel was waiting for his owners to take him outside, but he couldn't alert them with a bark. He doesn't bark. He won't bark. The bark has been beaten out of him.

While Michael Vick was running for glory, Mel was cowering toward a wall.

Every time the 4-year-old dog meets a stranger, he goes into convulsions. He staggers back into a wall for protection. He lowers his face and tries to hide. New faces are not new friends, but old terrors.

While Michael Vick was officially outracing his past Monday night, one of the dogs he abused cannot.

"Some people wonder, are we ever going to let Michael Vick get beyond all this?" said Richard Hunter, who owns Mel. "I tell them, let's let Mel decide that. When he stops shaking, maybe then we can talk."

I know, I know, this is a cheap and easy column, right? One day after the Philadelphia Eagles' quarterback officially becomes an American hero again, just call the owner of one of the dogs who endured Vick's unspeakable abuse and let the shaming begin.

Compare Vick's 413 total yards, four touchdown passes and two rushing touchdowns against the Washington Redskins to the 47 pit bulls who were seized from Bad Newz Kennels, his interstate dogfighting ring. Contrast one of the best three hours by a quarterback ever to the 21 months he spent in prison.

Cheap and easy, right? Not so fast. Vick's success is raising one of the most potentially costly and difficult perceptual questions in the history of American sports.

If he continues playing this well, he could end up as the league's most valuable player. In six games, he has thrown for 11 touchdowns, run for four more touchdowns, committed zero turnovers and produced nearly 300 total yards per game. Heck, at this rate, with his Eagles inspired by his touch, he could even win a Super Bowl, one of the greatest achievements by an American sportsman.

And yet a large percentage of the population will still think Michael Vick is a sociopath. Many people will never get over Vick's own admissions of unthinkable cruelty to his pit bulls — the strangling, the drowning, the electrocutions, the removal of all the teeth of female dogs who would fight back during mating.

Dog owner can't forgive Michael Vick - Los Angeles Times

2. Said it on the other site, I'll say it here too. Sounds to me like that dog needs to be PTS.

No kind of life and a liability to the breed.

3. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Yep. Agree 100%. Sounds like he has an unstable dog there. And Vick did his time. Not as much as what they would give a normal Joe Schmoe but still did it. They'll let sex offenders out in a less time than what he did. Let him be.

4. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Mike vick for prez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

6. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

Vick got it worse than anybody else did, especially with the amount of money he lost. They are gonna hang on to this as long as they can, Wayne and the hsus made a lot of money off Vick

7. Easy now we gotta get over this Obama shit first!!! LOLOLOLOL

8. rocco

rocco Big Dog

OR THE BUSH SHYT :eek:

9. 1916

1916 Big Dog

Why cant people get over Vick,fuck,we never hear of the other football players that got busted for matching like LeShon Johnson,who got busted in 2005 and got a 5 yr sentence.And then there is the football player in the 90's that got busted,cant remember his name but you barely heard shit about that. So what makes Vick so damned special?
    People need to get over the shit.

10. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

sounds like a shitty life for the dog. why keep a mentally fucked up animal like that around?

11. kdue

kdue Big Dog

well if he play his game right, he can still do the dog thing AFTER football when he is retired and living here and having dogs where it's legal. examle: liver here and have a helper in the Philippines take care of your dogs for you.

12. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

naw you herd about O'l nate newton getting poped with one between the legs. shit if i remember right they had picture of him getting hemmed up. but nate was lucky because michael irving was running around dallas sniffling blow off hookers ass's with the O line. so that got all the media coverage. you'd figure dante stallworth would have snaged a few headlines. after he got shitfaced & killed that old man walking across the street.

13. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Vick should write a book called "If I was fighting dogs, This is how I did it"

14. chef_kergin

chef_kergin Big Dog

Big Ben from the Steelers rapes a girl in a bar bathroom, gets a 4 game suspension and slapped on the wrist.....MV loses more money than most will ever see, does three years in prison, and still has haters.

:confused::confused::confused:

15. green machine

green machine Top Dog

I guess im on the other side of the fence with this... I dont hate him for matching dogs, I mean its the breeds history, and he served his time, but really cant get past the fact that he tortured these animals.

I sure dont see the old time dog men ripping dogs teeth out and abusing them for fun. I guess thats the thing I cant get passed personally.

16. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

exactly....

17. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

the folks back then didn't have media like this. the same media that has you believing "men ripping dogs teeth out and abusing them for fun" mental issues has nothing to do with the objects & more to do with the individual. get a clu bud it's not about the animals the judge & jury eat steak.

18. green machine

green machine Top Dog

So your saying it was just a hyped up news story? Everything about him hanging dogs, and ripping teeth out? Just a fib?

19. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

it's pretty apparent what i'm saying. if all you got out of it was a "hyped up news story" then were done because if i agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

20. green machine

green machine Top Dog

LOL, not trying to argue with you here bud, were all in this togeather, just voiced my opinion why I still don't like him.