1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dog Named Pontiac in Jax

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Pontiac, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Pontiac

Pontiac Pup

Hey ya'll,

I found this web site. Posting up about my dog. Its a "Lab-Mix" (read APBT) from the city pound. It is 11 months now, and 65 lbs. His name is Pontiac. I found this site while searching about dog foods. I feed him Costco brand, which I hear is just repacked Diamond.

I was looking at getting him one of the Julius K9 harness for walks - http://youtu.be/8-HoR2UtZ7k

Any body tried these? Are they worth the money? Any nice harness alternatives? Any one bought one in America?

Also because he is a pound dog, he is neutered. Is there any thing I should be supplementing him with in terms of replacing the hormones that he would be naturally producing if not neutered?

I just started giving him a scoop of unflavored human BodyTech TechX Mass Gainer powder after playtime twice a week, mixed with water and poured on his kibble. Also been feeding him Pfizer Pet Tabs Plus once a day, as per the vets recommendation.

Also interested in a Jax, FL dog social group. Not a fan of the local dog parks.

Attached Files:

2. Dog doesn't look like it needs to gain weight to me

3. Pontiac

Pontiac Pup

^typical response

17 months, 70lbs now... seems like he has leveled out and that's his weight. So active now though, in a few years I expect him to lazy up and put on 5lbs.

Loves the spring pull, however my land lord called and asked me to take it down. First time I spoke to him in 1.5 yrs, sounds like one of my yuppie neighbors complained. Even though this is the friendliest dog I have ever owned, or encountered, gets along great with other dogs, kids, and adults. Even cats. Usually the cat freaks and the dog doesn't know how to react.

Ended up buying a "Dean and Tyler" Harness. Only complaint is when the dog runs, his front elbow will hit the clasp and cause it to release. BIG problem. I called D&T and they said they would replace it. I loosened it up and made a sleeve for the buckle, and it hasn't happened since. So I won't return it. Only other complaint is it tends to leave a thin patch in his coat where it rubs. Working on a solution now, thinking of sewing a pad or something.

Any one ever use VIRBAC C.E.T.Extra Dental Chews? These things work GREAT and the dog LOVES them!

Attached Files: