1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

dog hoggin' is weak

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by pittfallin, Jan 27, 2007.

1. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

dog hoggin' is weak im gonna step it up a notch to this new sport.....

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

i thought it was funny....[​IMG]

3. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

where is everyone??

4. I liked that and saved it as a background on the companys computers LOL

5. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

thats funny, i thought people might like it, its the new sport.....lol...thats how vicious this breed is...lol

6. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

Is that a lion/tiger hybrid? I think they call it a Liger. Seriously, it's a very interesting hybrid I saw segiment on them. They breed I think, male tiger to female lion and this way it produces a cat much larger than any tiger or lion. I don't understand the point though!

7. mrsmickey351

mrsmickey351 Guest

Great picture! I thought it was cute and I also saved it.:)

8. Attila

Attila Guest

I hate cats. But remember that both of those are babies. When that cub is grown that dog on top will still look just as small. Any way I hunt cougar. It is fun and exciting for sure. It is a stimulating sport that will put hair on your chest and give you a boost of testoserome that can't be beat. It is really fun to take city folk with you to watch them freak and put them in the hunt up close. I don't put ammo in their rifles though as I don't want my dogs shot. It is just a test to see if they can funtion and have some game in their blood worth training into a hunter or if they should stay in the cubicle and never return. If they run I call the dogs off and let the cougar get them. No one likes a yeller belly.

9. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

in my younger years i grew up in the middle of nowhere, ive been living in the city for 10 years now and sometimes i feel like i lost my roots.
    i am still an avid hunter and fisher, but every time i go back out to my grandmaws house(where me and my dad use to live with her) i just feel so at home. i miss it so much, i think i may move back out there when i get back in school. my dog loves the country and i wouldent have to deal with all the ignorace torward the breed out there. i kinda want to train her to hog hunt, but i dont know how to go about it. my uncle had a pig one time that we were gonna smoke up and eat and i put her on it for a little bit just to see how she would handle it(the pig weighed about 150) and i think she could catch. do you think i could train her and how should i??

10. Attila

Attila Guest

I do think she could be trained for such. For hog dogs I would direct that question to BamaBoy as he has been doing it and is the most professional person I know on that sort of hunting.

I hunt Bear most often and sometimes large cats and other predators. Training is best done with another dog that knows whats up and some test runs on smaller of the game you are going to hunt. You don't want to stick a cold untrained dog in on more than it can handle. It will most likely end in a dead dog or a dog that will be scared shitless to try that route again or a bit shy next time around. It is an element you start small and build up on. You could stick ten cold dogs on a cougar and a bear and you will likey end up with most of them dead and/or total curs in the end. Build up to it and you can stick four on them and get it done. toss out some bay dogs and you are rocken it. Remember your bay dogs also have to be trained. I have some friends that have the bay dogs for other game I like to hunt. I have some bay dogs. I will get more. I eventually want to get more into the Hog hunting. I will not go at it alone till I am confedent I have had the training by those that I know that do it now. BamaBoy, his son and a friend are who I look to for that training. I know allot about hunting and killing any thing. And have hunted Hogs for many years. It is a total different way of hunting that isn't unlike how I hunt bear or cougar. The dispatch weapon is different though. I am used to shooting them with a bow or a gun. The hog hunting is like a cross between clearing fox holes in combat and bear hunting with dogs. A multiple orgasm of hunting experience that would be hard to beat. And I am a carnavore.

11. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

You could probably train her and I'm sure she would do great, but I personally would never use an animal that I was attached to. The risks are there that she doesn't make it. Even vested.

12. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

i like to call it a joygasam....lol....no, i planed to starting real small and more that likeley sticking small on this dog because i would like to buy another dog that is strictly game bred to use for hunting, that i will ont build such a close relationship with

13. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

yeah, i wanted to stay small with her, just do it for the activity. to let the dog do somthing that it was bred to do. i want to buy a real heavy game dog later on for the heavy hunting. maybe i could tag along with someone sometime, my dad might go to....he loves hunting almost as much as me. and anyone of yall that met him would get along with him. hes one of them good ol' boys you see out in the country