1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

dog food

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by BigTex, May 2, 2004.

1. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

diamond premium adult is 23.00 swints feed store in Jonesboro ga. 23.00 for HIgh energy also..

2. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

50pd bag you can't beat that

3. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

Well i feed my dog Innova Evo, its one of the best foods out there for dogs because its made from all raw foods. A 28lb bag runs about 30 to 35 dollars but it last longer than a big bag because u only need to feed a little bit because of the high nutritional content. I used to feed my dog cheap super market food that came in 50lb bags and i would go through that big bag in a month now the small bag last me just as much if not a little longer. If u spend a little more money now ur save a lot of money later.

4. NC

NC CH Dog

the intimidator was 26.00 I think for 50lbs..which isn't bad. but they had so many different brands. Some sort of chicken soup something or another was another one that has been suggested to me. But I don't have a price it. the purina I was feeding my 2 I'd go through 50lb in a month

5. NC

NC CH Dog

But I also throw some cheap steak or chicken meat in for them fairly often too for a little raw meat in their diets. Hopefully I'll get a picture of them on here soon

6. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

U need to take them off that purina junk as soon as possible. check out this website it'll help u decide what to feed. www.dogfoodanalysis.com

7. cemoreno

cemoreno Top Dog

I feed Diamond Naturals Large Breed Puppy it runs $26.00 40lbs. here in N. Texas. I switched to it because it was highly recomended by many breeders here. Plus my dogs quite eatting there Nutro Food they just picked at it and I have heard of this problem with many of my friends. Also this food scored 108 A+ on that food rating post.
    http://www.game-dog.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6106

8. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Chicken soup is a decent kibble. Check out the link BoiBoi has already posted.

9. Red_Chrome

Red_Chrome Big Dog

I feed Solid Gold Hund-N-Flocken(Adult Lamb and Rice) and a 1/2 lb. Raw food every day through the week. They get fed 6 days 1 day fast. Repeated every week.I have a question though on the rate your dog food was the score for the solid gold Hund supposed to be 63 and a D or 93(thats what it says) and a B. caus eit says 93 and a D. Just curious.

10. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

I use Beef and More from Sam's. Used Ole Roy when I was 16. Found out that most of the nutrients are passed to poo instead of into the dog. I pay about 15 bucks for 40#bag. Look at it and correct me, if needs be! I am no nutritionalist.
    P Pig

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2006
  11. i have a buddy who feeds old roy and i think his dogs look like crap but from what i see it doesn't effect their performance, he is also on a tight budget and has more dogs than i. i feed nutro makes the coat look good and i can keep the chain areas clean of crap as none of my dogs have had diarrhea since i started feeding it and that was 5yrs ago.

12. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

Ol Roy made one of my dogs sick and made his allergies wild.
    Petco used to have the most awesome kibble. It was made by them, I think it was called Solid Gold, or Pet Gold, I know it had the word "Gold" in it. It was a VERY nice quality and almost as cheap as Ol Roy. They had Chicken and Lamb. I bought the lamb and the ingredients were great, the lamb was #1 on the list and the food was nice and oily... my dogs did great on it and I couldn't believe what I was getting for the price. It was only a few dollars more than Ol Roy.
    Too bad they discontinued it... I was not a happy camper.

13. debodebo

debodebo Top Dog

I feed chicken soup for the puppy lovers soul. It has been working out well for me. I don't know when I need to switch to the puppy to the dog kibble. He is only 12 weeks now.

14. NC

NC CH Dog

Does anyone know anything about a brand called intimidator 28/18? This was suggested to me buy the guy at the feed store as one he had success with. And its reasonable at 28.00 for 50 lbs

15. debodebo

debodebo Top Dog

Sorry never heard of it.

16. tickdog

tickdog Pup

has anyone tried river run dog food?any thoughts about this brand would help.

17. cheese

cheese Top Dog

river run's first five ingredients: meat and bone meal, yellow corn, brewers rice, corn gluten, animal fat.
    after you combine the two sources of corn it would most likely be the first ingredient and that is no good. also i dont think meat and bone meal are great sources of protien.
    I am no dog food expert but i have genaral knowledge about reading the label and what ingredients to stay away from. corn being one of those ingredients.

18. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

meat and bone meal

Be wary of unspecific forms of "meat". This can include euthanized companion animals, roadkill, leftover meat/organs from slaughter, etc. It's rendered down in a big "meat stew" before it makes it's way into your dogs food. Sounds yummy, doesn't it?

River Run is just as bad as Ol'Roy.

I can guarantee you something though- Your dogs rear will run like a river on that food.

19. Jasper

Jasper Pup

I feed Wellness with some Variety lamb meat in it. Sometimes I add eggs with the shells and Nutricoat for the coat to look nice and shiny.

20. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

I feed mine Beef and More. Any comments?