1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dog fighting Ring

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by cemoreno, Jul 13, 2006.

1. simms

simms CH Dog

Take it easy, I wasnt assuming that you were in kahoots with this group. I know you have made mention of some dealing there....

2. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Thank you! You were the first one to put the BLAME on the owners. You are we are the ones who will pay. There might be 300 people on this site but when the news comes on it is thousands and sometimes millions of people who here this bad press. They don't know, you would be suprised at how most people believe anything that they here on the news. They treat it like gospel. You can tell them anything else. I do hope that everyone on this site is responible. I have talked to alot of good dog men and woman on the site. So lets keep fightin because we have a fight on our hands....

3. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

those sorts of activities is illegal and of course i know nothing about it simms,,, he was in the middle of moving and if you really look those dogs weren't in bad health,,,they just blowing it up for some tv time,,,so they wasn't abandon,,

4. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Let me ask you something, do you free feed your dogs all day long? Do you have a giant swimming pool that lets your dogs have fresh water all day? Do you just allow your animals free roam in the backyard while your gone?

I dont know about you, but my dogs get fed twice a day. If you come when its not feeding time, there wont be food down. Down this mean my animals are starved or without food or water? Hell no! It means I monitor my animals intake to ensure they do not become unhealthy, or obese. Anybody who keeps their dog on a chain is, now guilty of "keeping these animals on heavy chains so they dont attack eachother, they are raising fighting dogs!"...if you keep your animal in a kennel, its now makes perfect sense to me...ITS A BAIT DOG!

This man had a pit in his backyard, I will not debate its a reasonable assumption to make he was rolling dogs. Why you would keep a constructed pit in your back yard is beyond me, but whatever. We can logically assume he is guilty of dog-fighting, this I'm not arguing....just the bullshit that was thrown in to create the story and make it more extravagant. Face it, sooner of later, if you own a bulldog....your a dog fighter. If you folks dont wake up and start fighting for things such as breaking sticks, springpoles, and proper containment....it will all be signs of dog-fighting in the future. Think I'm lieing? Look at the HSUS website for their "signs of dog-fighting" which are as basic as a privacy fence, 2'' collars, and a break stick.

5. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

The thing is, there are TWO parts to the (real) story. It seems like the guy was fighting dogs and being stupid about it. A perhaps being a careless, negligent owner. BUT, the whole "bait dog" thing has caused such harm and is flat out not true. Idiot street fighter types read about "bait animals" and they DO engage in that crap. But traditional, cajun rules matching never did anything of the sort. REAL fighting dogs are bred to fight, NOT "trained". Using "bait" animals the way some people claim would be like having a pro-boxer spar a 5 year old. And when it comes time to put these dogs down the powers that be always come back to "they are dangerous because they've been trained to fight". Calling a break stick a "dagger". If you have a Pitbull and you are around other Pitbulls (at a ADBA show, for example) and you don't have a break stick handy, THAT is irresponsible, in a big way.

Yeah, the guy was wrong. So are parts of the story. I don't think anyone is saying the inaccuracies of the story make the guys behavior ok.

6. simms

simms CH Dog

I'm reffering to the HSUS

Edit: I didnt once mention owner. I could give 2 shits if that guy was knockin the hair off of those dogs.

What I care about it, is HSUS part in all this.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2006
  7. simms

simms CH Dog

I skimmed threw the story, I cant watch streaming video....pc to old...LOL

As far as the pit is concerned....could be a puppy pen, easily.
    parting stick is reasonable to have...

"Baitdog" Not so reasonable.....Strong accusations. That guy needs to hire a good attorney. If the HSUS is investigaing this guy for dogfighting....why is the media allowed in? Why are they allowed to make public accusations?
    No information should be released and they shouldnt beable to speak their personal oppinions on the matter. Their only job should be to gather the facts if there are any. The way this story is depicted the media and the HSUS should be held accountable.....if the media imbelished the story, then it should be HSUS to publicly correct them.

We need to cut these folks funds hit them in their pockets....put these ppl out of work. The HSUS is the Enimey!!!!

I'm not deffending this owner,however I do know what the HSUS is capable of. they have to much power,they need to be shut down.

8. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

look he hog hunted that i do know from personal experience,,, if you look at the bait dogs one was a hound,,,as for the daggar used to make them mad so they would fight to the death,,,we all know as a breaking stick,,,as far as the pit it might of been for hiding newborns,,,hell if i know,,, but ur right simms ,,, hsus has no right to make false accusations with out proof,,, what i mean is i may have a pipe but it dosen't mean i smoke out of it,,,just an example,,, they made this out to be a blood bath but the truth is it,s a 100+ degrees here and is stagering hot,,, and maybe he got more than he could handle,,,,

I AGREE TOTALLY WITH YOU SIMMS,,,NOT DISAGREEING WITH YOU AT ALL IN ANY WAY,,,,I THINK WE HAVE VERY SIMULAR OUTLOOK ON THIS MATTER,,,

9. simms

simms CH Dog

Hell yes its Hot!!!

From what I saw those dogs dont look to be in bad shape.

10. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

I agree that the reporters and HSUS reps had very little knowledge on what they were talking about. I was glad to hear their kind words they did have about the breed.
    My question- why is everyone directing their anger only at the ignorant media?
    Yeah, they are miserably inept and mostly fictitious, but why isn't anyone commenting on the moron who let the media get involved in the first place?
    If his place and dogs hadn't drawn the attention, nobody would have gone in there. I'm not even accusing him of abandonment or cruelty or the like- just gross indiscretion leading the wrong people to create another story.
    Curse the media-I'm with you. But get real. He left all the wrong "evidence" and directly caused ANOTHER sensationalized setback for the pit bull. His irresponsible behavior should be what's chapping butts around here. We already know media reports will be false and ignorant, why bother kicking a dead horse? Don't let the sons of bitches get near you by leaving such an incriminating trail of bread crumbs. Who hates the prospect of anti-tether ordinances? Stories like this one will only drive the cause harder in the eyes of those who see the story, false as it may be. Legislators are in charge, face it. It sucks, but those are the people you have to convince.
    Ghost- if you know this person did he truly abandon the dogs or leave them in the care of a two timing neighbor who alerted authorities?
    If he was planning on returning and thought the dogs were cared for- shame on him for being so naive and sloppy.
    If he abandoned the dogs -there was a dead one- then he can go to hell, and if anyone doesn't agree you are directly responsible for the ongoing BS and media crap the pit bull is going through.

11. simms

simms CH Dog

I dont blame the media entierly......The media can be a good tool, if used propperly. Now is the HSUS using this tool propperly? NO, they are not.....infact the HSUS needs to be taken to task for their tresspass against the US public. How Dare they, come in and assume they have all the facts and the evidence is stacked...then be so audacsoius to speak about it .....this Org can not be allowed to continue to conduct its buisness in the manner they have.....its for the animals they cry, I say bullshit!

Now your involved with a anti tethering group.....so you are famillar with the tactics that they will stoop to...to gain the public support they seek. You are going to show the worst case scenerio to gain public support for your cause....They claim these same scenerios, perpetuating these horrible crimes .....esp that of "baitdog". I can not imagine how many animals have suffered from the hand of those lies.....That's f$ckin shameful!

The HSUS, does have the influence to turn all of this around, esp with in the Media. However this could affect the support they seek from the public ...Thet aint gonna let that happen.

The Media aint the player on the field....the HSUS is!

12. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

he did not leave them for a neighbor or anyone else,,,i can't explain the dead one cause i don't know,,he didn't abandon them,, he was in the middle of moving,,, and in hunting with these dogs the get wounded and sometimes don't make it,,,he wouldn't of left his dogs for anyone else to care for i gaurentee you of that,,,he wasn't moving that far away,,,those dogs was not skinny or malnourished,,, they were on the other hand hot,,,but that goes with all of ours,,i do not in any way condone fight dogs in any way,,, we all know it's illegal,,,,it does sound like a neighbor told on him though,,cause a neighbor said he took 7 of his best fighters with him,,,but it happens to the best of them,,,

13. simms

simms CH Dog

Unfortunatly this guy will not get a fair trial. The HSUS has already convicted him.

14. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

The problem lies in the fact that anyone with a breaking stick can be accused of using a wooden dagger to make the dogs fighting mad, their caged puppies can be considered bait dogs, and properly contained dogs can be considered trained to fight under this mentality. Of course, this mindframe is a crock of shit.

The thing that looks like a pit causes concern but there is no proof that it is in fact a fighting pit. Hell, it may be some sort of containment for his emus for all we know. The dead dog may have not been known to him. For all you know, that dead dog may have been his favorite dog on the yard.

The truth is, if there was no pit or dead dog, the news story would not have been any different. The news would still have called the breaking stick a wooden dagger that was used for torturing the dogs and the puppies would have still been called bait dogs. The dogs would be considered trained to fight just because they are on chains. The news and hsus would have taken full advantage of their opportunity to spread their propaganda, regardless.

The sad reality is that any of us could be victimized in the same way. It has happened many times to many responsible owners who had nothing to do with fighting. They lost everything as a result. Just because of the BS that the media, peta, hsus, etc puts out. All it takes is a break stick, some properly contained dogs, and a neighbor that is tired of the barking and you can lose everything. The story could easily turn into something about a neighbor reporting fighting sounds (barking) from the house, police show up and find a "wooden dagger" (breaking stick), a chained dog (properly contained) has a scar from a racoon (shit happens) and somehow is determined to be trained to fight as a result. Throw in a treadmill, which is a great, safe form of exercise and a pedigree, you have a solid case in the court's eyes. All along the person never fought a dog in their life and isn't even breeding but just taking good care of their dogs.
    2 hours later, all of the dogs are dead and the owner is in jail. It happens too often.

That is why most of us aren't focusing on the details that seem fishy. We don't know the facts and when it comes to accusations such as these, anyone can be made out to be a dog torturing psychopath by these humaniac organizations and the media.

B-I-Z, cemoreno and Marty like this.
  15. Marty

Marty Guest

You hit the nail on the head with this post Tommy3, Reps to you my brother ;)

16. At least they understand 2 things 1. Real Pitbulls are Humanfriendly 2. Dogfight doesnt make dogs aggressive.......hmm and the other BS...well they still learn^^!

17. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

well the guy hunts his dogs quite a bit,,,and the crud fact is like tommy and simms said,,,other than the pit and the neighbors big mouth they have nothing,,,a wooden dagger,,,this is where they can walk in and wipe you out in a minute for literally no reason other than thats what they think u do,,,the guy was at work and he works 3 rd shift with me and this happened yesterday and he found out about it at 7:00 this morning when someone came in and told him about what was on the news and he just got his things and left work early,from what a real good friend came by and was telling me,,,

18. Wilson

Wilson Pup

one reason ive chosen to study law is to stop this type of propaganda and fascism that happens with these dogs...eventually someones gotta win against the humaniacs b/c its true, they got alot of lawyers on their side we need some on ours

its me they gotta worry about...lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2006
  19. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

Baitdog schmaitdog. My point has been lost. I'm not backing anybody- just pointing out what a pathetic display of ignorance was displayed by the owner. Like I said- even if he entrusted those dogs to his neighbor, he is a dope for leaving his property so wide open for speculation.

The media creates their hype after being brainwashed by HSUS. Fine, I can dig that.
    Corrupt "non profits" running amuck, causing pain and suffering while enjoying monetary/fraudulent gain, I can dig that too.

But really-what's being defended here? The right to keep dead and bloating dogs as we please? The video did not show the dog- but do you really think it was made up? Had responsible dog ownership been truly administered the story would have never surfaced -complete with video.

Preposterous and damning accusations-certainly. But haven't we figured out we live in a "if it walks like a duck, it must be a duck" society? Don't tell me the guy wasn't being a sloppy fool, because he was.

And really- the whole conspiracy deal is a bit much. Like I said, HSUS isn't snow white, and I agree with that. But these volunteers who go out and spend many hours/days in the field rescuing and caring for animals- don't bash them for being compassionate- even if you are so far evolved you can't fathom such a remedial desire to help animals.

You say organizations stoop to using worst case scenarios to gain public support for their causes (Actually it sounded like a personal jab at me, but I'm not worried about that).

Worst case scenarios are the reason causes exist!
    Worst case scenario: the government threatens to come in and take all our pit bulls away- POOF! The cause has been born to save the pit bull from persecution by idiots!
    Anti BSL petitions are written, and people lobby for their favorite breed of dog, in an attempt to prevent the "worst case scenario" from happening.
    Worst case scenario: A dog lives on a 2 ft chain in its own %@*t for most of its life without adequate food or water-POOF! A cause is born to protect these mal-treated animals.
    The worst case scenario happens. Ask anyone in Denver CO who watched their pit bull get dragged off to be put to sleep.

So yeah, people wrongly use the worst case scenario to sway the public eye. But the worst case scenario is there, and flourishing. Don't be so naive to dispute that. If it wasn't I wouldn't see hundreds of pits and pit type mixes per year rescued (some of which I've personally helped with, others just been sent photos) from properties with such ailments as: their lips, ears and noses torn off, covered in mange, starved, thrown from bridges, decomposing in back yards, tearing each other to pieces in single wide trailers, eating their own puppies because they aren't fed, doused with acid, set on fire, shot and hung from fences by an angry farmer, left chained to a rusted out dodge charger in mid july without water, the list goes on. I see it. Everyday. I'll be happy to start forwarding my cases to you for your review.

So one more time: my point is, this guy invited the monster of speculation onto his property, because he left his property in a questionable state. The questionable state resembled that of a true blue evildoer, even if he was squeaky clean (well definitely not squeaky, but possibly not the monster he was portrayed as).

Don't tell me pits/mixes don't suffer on properties curiously resembling those in the video, regardless of what organization puffs what up. I've seen the down and dirty (not with DDB, DDB isn't my primary rescue involvement by any means) and its nothing I would ever want to be confused with as a pit bull owner, so why would anyone else leave their property in such a way to even be confused with such horrible people?

20. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

Tommy, I appreciate your comment, and I truly agree with you that this all COULD be speculation. I'm no radical. I promise you that. The dead dog and the pit is the only red flag I see. Chains...don't impress my thinking at all- I truly feel in my heart many of you chain your pits here for the same reason people keep their babies in a crib while they sleep: for their own protection.
    The story does, however draw all the wrong attention. I happen to be able to be objective here, in spite of every abused pit I've seen. The dogs in the video were absolutely not starved, but the yard was ridiculous and incriminating. Yards like that are the reason gamedog owners have to buy treadmills with cash instead of credit cards. Emus? Wink wink.
    Marty- I thank you for continuing to have me here, I hope my involvement with pit rescue does not influence you negatively. I have no qualms with cared for, loved dogs- chains, holds, I don't care, I've seen your videos and I know you all love your dogs.
    As you all have experienced good people in your circles, I have experienced equally bad. If any of you end up on T.V. I'll be proud to defend you. I'm not questioning what anyone here does. My point remains that no one's dog should be discovered dead by the media OR HSUS, with a yard looking like that. If that was my favorite dog I'd make a public statement defending myself within hours of the video broadcast, complete with a lawyer.
    Don't you all agree this could have been prevented if the yard owner had been less shady? Where the hell was he when all this was happening? It's all going to be traced to him anyway, why isn't he there to speak up for the bully and defend his legal rights?
    Knowing the facts is fine, but there are other facts involved as well. People do abuse pit bulls. It's rampant. That's why the wrong people get involved. Yes, undue persecution exists, but there is another side of the coin
    as well. That is my only drive for questioning this guy's yard. Had he been there, and if he surfaces to defend himself, are key factors in whether or not he's legit. Those who are undeservingly badgered by authorities don't disappear, they stand up for who they are. If they don't they are cowards and usually have something to hide.