1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dog Fighting Raid in North Georgia

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Marty, Aug 21, 2008.

1. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I love how our source of information, can't even get names right :O

2. Caos

Caos CH Dog

Gerald Holcumb is Irish Jerry.
    http://www.cbs46.com/news/17256015/detail.html?rss=lnta&psp=news

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2008
  3. Marty

Marty Guest

Gerald must be his middle name then :o

4. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

keep your head up marty,,, thats why i own some of the largest pekiniese you ever seen,,,LMAO,,, i told the AC here i got papers on them so try me,,,lol,,, but i spreaded mine out,, 2 here 2 there,,, its the only way to keep eyes off nowdays and some inside and some outside,,,

5. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

I would not call Jerry a hobby breeder he may have 11 dogs but Id bet they were 11 good ones. And he has had more good dogs on his yard than most. And as far as I know he does NOT FIGHT DOGS. My prayers are out for him. J

6. Marty

Marty Guest

Update...

Georgia Dogfighting Raid Leads to Arrest

Posted: August 28, 2008, 5 a.m. EDT

An alleged dogfighting operation near Ellijay, Ga., was raided recently by Gilmer County sheriff’s deputies, with the help of a team of animal welfare agencies and Appalachian Circuit District Attorney Joe Hendricks’s office.

Gerald Holcumb, who has reportedly been involved in dogfighting since the 1960s, was arrested and charged with felony dogfighting, possession of a firearm, and possession of marijuana. Holcumb remained in custody this week, according to the district attorney’s office.

Authorities seized 11 dogs along with suspected dogfighting paraphernalia. Several dogs had scars consistent with dogfighting, according to investigators at the scene.

The raid marks the fourth dogfighting bust in the state since the May 10 passage of new legislation that strengthened Georgia’s dogfighting law, making it a felony to own, possess, train, transport, or sell a dog for the purpose of dogfighting. Holcumb could receive one to five years in prison and a minimum fine of $5,000 or both if convicted.

http://www.dogchannel.com/dog-news/2008/08/28/georgia-dogfighting-raid-leads-to-arrest.aspx

7. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

You know, I would hate to be living in GA. right now. This is really twisted how they have just poored the heat on there. I would have to be making some changes if I were in some people's shoes. I don't think this is going to get any better for owners of this particular breed. They, and you know who I'm talking about, are not going to let it rest untll they have every bully breed extinquished.

8. raided2

raided2 Big Dog

Iread about this bust about 3 weeks pat they also cited the guy for having 4 dogs runing loose in his back yard together and have them improperly restrained? Well they got me for cruelity to animals and having them on vet approved tie-out asn Patricks BSmith nad I have held legal waivers signed by a vet since 1997 ,then HSUS and local law enforcemrnt cited Patricks and I for having them in kennls .You can't win as longas you own more tham two or three bulldogs ,in their eyes you are a dogfighter clear and simple ,I have this proof in the Forfieture documants from our house that the county prosecuter signed in April.in he states I woned 14 pitbulls indicating I am a dog fighter,there alos on another board is where just lastweekend in Florida some well doesr were having a non ADBA ,AADR or SDR fun dog show where they were trying to have weight pulls ,jr hannlder show and confermation show ,along with raffles to try and support the fledging club ,the clubs intent was not to align itself with any registries to avoid any problems and try and raise enough money for a pitbull shelter for abandoned or abused pitbulls ,well no good deed goes umpunished they sold their forst tiicket to a undercover detective and they were cited for gambling and raketeering,everyone at the funshow was cited ,fines ranging from 171.00$ - 350.00$ the local animal control and HSUS then came out of hidding and suronded the park and searched everyones cars trying to find proof of dog fighting,they found no such evidence but they did't tell local media they just bragged how local law enforcment ,animal control and HSUS worked together to bring another suspected mass dogfighting ring?:confused: