1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dog fighting is illegal my thoughts on the reason

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by grave digger, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grave digger

grave digger Top Dog

The reason why the sport is illegal i think, is because of the MONEY that's in it, not animal cruelty. Yeah you got your animal rights lovers out there, but don't be fooled. Its deeper then that.....its the money, and nothing but the money, if uncle sam cant get his cut its illegal and that's the truth.

2. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

the gov't could tax it an make it legal but ITS NOT ABOUT MONEY.

its about ethics and morals, for a lot of animal activist they look at the sport this way, "you wouldnt make your kids fight at all or to the death, so why make your dogs fight at all or to the death?

3. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

i think closed minds dont take the time to learn that there is rules and its not just a fight to the death. It wouldn't be hard to make events senctioned events and for the gov to get their cut. all they see dogfighting is beating and abusing dog them forcing them to fight. then <NOBR>electrocuting</NOBR> them if they lose

4. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

yes there are rules but some dogs would rather die in the pit we all know this, but the general sheep do not.

besides who wants to watch a muzzled dog fight??? im not oppose to seeing it happen but its going to be very watered down.

5. Corley

Corley Big Dog

Since dog fighting is illegal in the USA. Is it also illegal on Indian Reservations since they are governed by their on laws?
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

6. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

yes it is still illegal

7. absolute peril

absolute peril Big Dog

A good reason why it's good that it is illegal because it cannot be done in the right fashion anymore. Meaning in today the yard,and the dogs wouldn't be taken care of like the dogmen of the past did. Today, most of the time it is done in a sloppy cruel fashion and the dogs suffer 100% of the time they are alive. I feel that in the past the only time the dogs suffered was just out of the pit with the fresh wounds and sometimes shock. Dogmen of the past usually knew the proper vet care or knew a vet. Today, the dog suffers or dies. If the dogmen of the past didn't know vet care they wouldn't have had dogs with 20+ wins etc etc. The dogs were loved, they had a warm place to sleep and great food and water every single day regardless. It usually wasn't about the money like it is today. It was a sport and they loved their dogs, today dogs are cash cows and are very disposable. Dog fighting of today is only a SHADOW of what it use to be in the past. JMHO

8. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

IR's are still under Federal Law but not State. And Federal law says its Illegal to go across state lines to fight your dog even if it's legal where your going.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2010
  9. WAR_PAINT

WAR_PAINT Big Dog

Reservations are still under Federal jurisdiction.

10. 1503bulls

1503bulls Big Dog

Absolute peril,,,its always been about the money....
    making bets paying the forfeit, its the underlying reason, not just for sport, dont ever think the money isnt the reason...
    armitages book references almost every story to the best and forfeits, and that was waay back when, aint nothing changed...

11. WAR_PAINT

WAR_PAINT Big Dog

In my opinion this is only a reality because it's illegal.

12. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Pretty soon working any animal will become illegal. They are already getting after the greyhounds. Horses racing is next then bullriding. People now a days See there animals as furry babies. In a fat world thats just getting fatter the general public want their pets sitting sitting on the couch eating chettos with them.

Any sort of work or using animals what they were bred/created for is simply barbaric.

13. 1503bulls

1503bulls Big Dog

yea it sucks that you have to be working the dogs in the cover of night...

14. absolute peril

absolute peril Big Dog

I think money was a big part of it but today that is all it is about, the welfare of the dogs is thrown out the window.

15. 1503bulls

1503bulls Big Dog

I think what it is, has to do w/ the way the stories are retold.. in books
    magazine articles etc even on these forums, you read a story bout any old dog and
    you get captivated and think wow , them were the good old days...But in reality
    same thing different day... more stricter and harsher laws, and too many greenpeace fools chaining themselves to trees

16. DrGonnzoe

DrGonnzoe Pup

Wow. I never thought of that I think it could be very true though. There would still be a small percentage of the people still having there dogs suffering their whole lifes but, I think legalizing it would make it a lot better. (Not saying thats what I want) I think it would make things better but before it got better I think stupid people would make things really bad.

17. grave digger

grave digger Top Dog

Right........................

18. Jelet

Jelet Banned

It can very well be done in the "right fashion" in today's society. In fact, some of the dogs are suffering in today's society because it is illegal.

19. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Very true. But let's not forget that in every game there are those who bring others shame. Overlooking, and/or failing to call out the ignorant extremes before others do can suggest agreement or complicity, and give opponents all the ammuntion they'll ever need. Dog racing is next, then rodeos and race horses.

20. grave digger

grave digger Top Dog

Yeah that's something to think about....................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.