1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dog Aggression

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by SAM_I_AM, Aug 3, 2006.

1. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

It is not hate...It is certainly mostly deep "Contempt" for another dog, as if your dog were saying, im here with my handler im not quitting, and I will show you no respect even if you decide to quit...you know....not that it hates the opponent but it will finish them....APBTs operate off intense drive to please the man and years of breeding and inbreeding all these wonderful traits into their DNA...those traits we love and protect today...so id say its not hate but I have seen dogs that do seem to look as if they hate other dogs.... but its just the instinctual need to dominate that you see not hate....

2. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Or maybe the voices you hear are your dogs telling you what to do...do you ever hear them say stuff like "hey old man pass that here and go make me some Blueberry pancakes"... they might have learned that from Roadtrip...sometimes my dog tells me to drink beer and burn stuff....well thats my excuse anyway lol...but I never let my dogs watch Roadtrip because I didnt want them to become stoners....

3. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Well, I'd have to call it "Alpha Dog Syndrome", I know that all of the speak of man being tha Alpha and all, and a man should rule over the dogs, but I believe that the dogs see man differently than themselves. I believe they were created that way. I think they want to simply be the Alpha dog among canines, period.

That is why most will not jump a chiuahua, or a puppy, but get another grown dog around, after that dog has turned on, and they want each other, as they see the other dog as a threat to their throne.

J

4. ok yall have won blue ribbon for nuts.... bonafied crazy ..... my dogs did it cause i wanted them to. at the time... not since tho ,, i was cruel and insensitive when i was young. they never lost.. i started by training fighting roosters . now ofcourse , im slack treehugging vegetarian.. oh well, its a slow long death right as for my fighters they done it cuz i asked them to .. but they didnt give up till other dog was dead.. didnt take long at their jaws.. wont ever fight anything again.. the Great Spirit has spoken to my heart and sport for some is death in mine... my dogs do kill things in the yard when they can catch it.. every thing from giant birds to mice and moles and all things inbetween.. so when breeding season is on in the heat of summer.. the ladies are indoors till the youngin of what ever is back there moves on.. gonna lay in a privacy fence may keep some of the stray wild life away .. now them giant birds .. dont know why they dont just not nest there.. oh well off to da local meetin place i need a break!! later yall

5. Road Dog

Road Dog Pup

I think 14Rock is right on. Find a good game dog man that is willing to share their years of experience. Dog aggression is not limited to the APBT but gameness is.

14rock likes this.
  6. Aceman

Aceman Big Dog

My boy in about 7.5 months and has shown some DG for the first time while walking him last week. A roming dog aproached us on our walk with hackles up growling, before I had time to react my boy gave him a quick nip, didn,t hold him just a nip, he let a yelp out and ran off like a frikkin jet, now he has been aroung dogs and walked by many on walks since and is fine. I,m taking it he felt threatened and reacted.

7. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

I gotta 10 week old female and a 3 month old male and had to seperate them as they were actually hurting each other. The older male was getting her head pretty good, but she was in the chest and things went red pretty quick, tripped me out. They are seperated now. That male pup just aggrivates every one of the other dogs, so he is on the chain. The female plays with the other young ones, but that male, she wanted to kill him!!

J

8. The hate idea is stupid.Animals cant be good and they cant be evil. They do what Nature told them.If you ask why they(Bulldogs) fight ask your self for example why wolves fight.And you have to know H O W wolves fight. In a serious fight wolves fight in silence....no bristled hair on their back....to make it short they fight exactly like Bulldogs in the Pit. Bulldogs are able to fight longer,because they have a higher concentrationability (the reason:selective breeding for the fight).Beside physical characteristics thats the thing what separates Bulldogs from wolves and all other kind of dogs.

9. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Well, I have had some dogs at my place that for one reason or another, began to have a genuine HATE for a certain other dog. I mean hate. So, to say that one is impossible of hating would sound to me like a textbook statement, instead of observatory statement. I am not talking about the normal drive of a gamedog to be aggressive towards dogs, but when some other dog has cotton upon their last nerve! Same thing with a child. A child goes over to the dog on a chain and pokes sticks at it and tortures the dog all it's life, and you wonder why the dog loves all children but old "Billy" from down the road, Spike just cant stand that kid for some reason. Acts like he wants to kill him. You say, the dog is just defending itself, well, why do you hate some situations in your life, because it is a threat or something that blocks what you are trying to do.
    Do not get me wrong, dogs are dogs, and not humans, but to say they cannot hate, I dont buy that one. I had a bulldog that became one of the best squirel dogs I ever had. She became that way because she was on a chain and the squirels would throw nuts and hit her in the head. Then they'd get just out of reach and just hang out while she went nutz. One day I put a longer chain on her and one of the squirels came down and it got a suprise that day. From then on, I could say, "Rebel get the squirel" and she'd began scanning the trees, and that squirel had better not be on the ground or it just might not get shot, but shook to death. Saved allot of .22 bullets that way.
    J

10. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

THREAT! Dog's don't hate. That's a word we might conjure up to try and explain something we don't understand. Dog's just think, "threat!" then they react. That does not necissarily mean dominance by any means. A good doberman will take out a threat by a human without hesitation and a good APBT will take out the threat of another animal without hesitation. - that's my theorie...

11. Its easy.To hate you need a very complex brain....you need a human brain.Even an ape brain wouldnt be enough for that becose the very next step would be to think evil.Dogs are lightyears away from that.What you see is not hate , it is only the natural will for a serious fight.Dogs kill each other but they dont hate each other.

12. WWII

WWII Banned

I hope you're not talking about deep gameness.

13. PIt4life

PIt4life Banned

Its just what they do, they were bred for it... and it stayed there.
    Other breeds can be aggerssive towards dogs because they werent brought up right.
    And many dogs, such as mine, can get as much interaction as a pup but grow up to be a DA adult.

14. agression is bred into these dogs sure but to go as far as to say dogs dont feel some emotion ... well, that i cant accept.. when a child is crying the the dog knows instinctively they are hurting and crawl up to them and lick their face and keep this up till finally cuddle up to the child to bring comfort till the moment is past... no emotion .. sorry cant believe it.. had a rottie that only liked women no men at all .. she hated all men period .. was not treated bad at all by any male but she hated men anyway... lucky to have found her and her sister a home with a pair of sisters from new jersey.. i do alot of rescue and , well still convinced they have emotion

15. Aurora

Aurora Pup

One word answer , DOMINANCE . It's like in the old movie The Highlander , there can be only one . That's the single biggest reason dogs do what they do .