1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Do you leash train?

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by BBT, Dec 21, 2011.

1. AGame

AGame CH Dog

Fuckin hilarious thread by the way since your so old and wise why the hell would you be on your PC argueing with folks instead of out training more of your dogs to walk on a damn leash without pulling there is not a damn thing wrong with a dog pulling as long as the dog is not out of control i do not consider a dog that pulls a little to be out of control i would figure with as much experience as you have that you would understand this so i say your pretty much full o shit and i will not argue this will be my only statement to you 2 morons this is a game dog board not a damn obedience class if thats what you want go to that type of board

2. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

See ya later!

3. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

Broken leg recieved this morning and forced to lay the fuck down!!!!!

By the way game doesn´t mean excluding being obedient or under it´s masters command!

4. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

And told him if its time to exercise and you allow pulling pulling is ok but if you are walking in public youre better of to not allow it! Period!

Or shall we in future hang a pole in a public park and maybe roll our dogs there as we anyways don´t give a fuck abouzt the public oppinion!

Guys don´t understand why most of you like to behave like shit when the public witnessing or do you think that if a bulldog is under command it could lower it´s gameness or maybe harm him physically and mentally?????

Maybe that´s the reason for all the fuzz!

By the way this section is called TRAINING & BEHAVIOUR so I do think we are at the right spot! Are you?

5. BBT

BBT Big Dog

I remember working a yard so tight with axels that I couldn't weave a dog out on a leash. I had to carry dog and at right time.

Never called you a 100% dogman just stated that you very well could be. Most dogmen that I knew were always stubborn about one thing or another. And why does this site have training section ?

6. hardtime

hardtime Big Dog

chould not agree with u more..only the green or the blind would make the public eye statement maybe u just have the wrong breed

7. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

BBT,...........not at all surprised by the narrow-minded full-spectrum foolishness.
    But,....Doginhold,...........what the hell man?

8. 6sN7s

6sN7s Top Dog

i dont care about it at all. whats wrong with an excited dog..

the poses you see are probably just for the picture, putting a piece of hide or something under the dogs nose to make it look nice

9. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

People confuse issues.
    There isn't anything wrong with letting a Pit Bull pull you......if you are in control of your dog.
    Back when I was learning, I too fell for that heeling/image bullshit. I wasted a lot of good exercise time (for both the dog and me), and good short nails for free with worrying about what other people thought.

A person who needs to have a dog on heel every damned minute basically tells me that they're nervous, don't really know what they're doing and don't really have the control over their dog that they think they have,......or would like you to believe that they have.

Of course, there are some dogs that in some circumstances need to be on heel to help remind them who is in charge and to keep their heads in the right state of respect/concentration.

And, of course, if you see that little old lady and her chihuahua coming close,....prove that you do have your pulling dog under control and that he isn't walking you by putting him at heel.......preferably without having to put a foot in his ass.

It's also about common sense, common respect, common courtesy, self-preservation.......and realizing that the streets are full of friggin' idiot dogs and their certifiable-moron owners. Many of those can't control the poodles they have,....and as has happened to me in the past, when your under-control dog makes a limping screaming mess out of the yappy-assed dog that runs up and bites it in the face,....people have no choice but to say,...."well, that dog was walking at his side when that stupid dog ran up....." So,......like with everything else,....balance and common sense helps......usually.

10. Tiger12490

Tiger12490 Big Dog

The public eye means nothing at all to me but what kind of man lets there dog pull them around if your exercising that is one thing i made it clear the only time a dog should do so should be with a command but if your trying to close your door/fence and your dog jerks you 6 feet because it sees a plastic bag and you have to hang on for dear life you are an IDIOT! Honestly that is it I don't know why this is even a discussion public eye can honestly kiss it I hope you guys walk your dogs down the street with spiked collars and metal chains for all i care but you are a moron if YOUR PET drags you uncontrollably down the street the end

11. BBT

BBT Big Dog

I understand the argument about yard dogs not really needing to ever learn a leash heel. I don't care how many acres I have, the amount of dogs I have I'd determined by how many I can accommodate up to my standards and care. And the leash basics is part of my minimal standards. Man your yard and dogs as you choose. And for the record our and FYI our best hunters were garage dogs and also our best hunters were also great all around dogs not just bulldog but also pet and public smart and capable dogs. We had small yard with kennel runs, chains, and barn shed with runs but our best earned their spot is the garages. We had whelping rooms inside. Once again, not all dogs were basic trained but they were all a work in progress and a few were great.

12. AGame

AGame CH Dog

You apparently do not understand or comprehend what the ones are saying when they say they let there dogs "pull" they do not mean that their dog is dragging them down the damn street they simply have some resistance and a tight leash the dog pulls some but not hard enough that you would have to worry about being drug it is good exercise for the dog and yourself but of course you are in control of the dog the entire time do you actually think that someone would admit that his dog is walking him instead of the other way around

13. Tiger12490

Tiger12490 Big Dog

Bro did I quote anyone? No because i was talking about the OP who was definitely talking about getting dragged down the street ... before you try and call someone out know what your talking about...... I repeatedly have said when commanded to the dog is okay to pull....of course.... but when you are simply strolling down your block enjoying the view YOUR DOG SHOULD NOT BE PULLING YOU UNCONTROLLABLY period if you cant on a command get that leash to go slack you have a problem we can debate this literally all day but it doesn't change the facts basic obedience is way more than just getting the dog from acting like a jerk anything at all could happen idc were you live or what kind of set up you have to keep these dogs from escaping there is always a chance you dogs could get out every dog needs BASIC obedience and BASIC leash walking if you don't agree with that then we have different standards

14. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

Don´t understand why people are afraid of having control on their dogs!

Maybe the have a problem with rules and setting rules or just not the mindset to push rules trough!

I do obedience train my dogs as this is much more comfortable and by all means doesn´t water down any workouts ever!!!!!

15. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Who's afraid to have thier dog under control? I agree that a dog should listen to or respond to the one thats at the other end of the leash. BBT seemed more worried what the public thinks than having a dog that listens. My dogs listen and have never seen a prong collar. Tiger, I agree to a point with you. If a dog isnt used to parade around in public why does it need BASIC obedience and BASIC leash walking ? Most dogs do but not EVERY dog does. Yes there's always a chance for a dog to get loose. The less you check the chain setup or how ever its kept the greater the odds. Now what do you think the odds of you being there are to give your BASIC obedience command if and when it does happen? If you all don't like what you see in public then dont go there. If you cant resist then step up and tell the person and educate them. lol Then you wouldnt have to come on here whining about it.

16. BBT

BBT Big Dog

No you misinterpreted but no biggie.

17. CajunCountryK9

CajunCountryK9 Big Dog

Tell me about it! Send some of them packing ..... pretty please! As your X-mas present to me.

18. CajunCountryK9

CajunCountryK9 Big Dog

If the dog is on the proper lead, with the proper harness/collar held by a responsible adult walking with a parting stick... the dog is under control......

They should want to pull and show an extreme zest for life...

Big difference between being dragged down the road on your kness and the dog sticking it to the ground while you enjoy your local background....

19. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Then I apologize BBT.

20. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

"I understand about yard dogs, I grew up on one" growing up with a Springer Spaniel and playing fetch don't count as a " yard dog" if you feel you need a chokeer of sorts. i don't think these are for you.