1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dna-vip

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by DiMaSaLaNg, Oct 4, 2006.

1. DiMaSaLaNg

DiMaSaLaNg Big Dog

can a papered pedigree with matching DNA-VIP guarantee that a dog is pure without a single mix? without questions? no doubt? :D

im confused because i can see suspicious 100 lbs pits in the internet with them breeders saying that they are DNA-VIP certified pure pitbull.

2. mrsmickey351

mrsmickey351 Guest

No there is no 100% anything. Are you looking at game bred dogs or staffordshire terriors? {blue dogs, 100 lb dogs, etc.} Staffordshier terriors are known to be 80lbs. plus. Gamebred dogs are 65lbs and under. There are very few 65 lbs. gamebred dogs most are way under 65 lbs.

3. DiMaSaLaNg

DiMaSaLaNg Big Dog

RE and Gotti lines...sorry for bringing up their names again...i just wanna know. tnx.

4. mrsmickey351

mrsmickey351 Guest

Those are Staffordshire terriors not APBT.

5. DiMaSaLaNg

DiMaSaLaNg Big Dog

yes but even staffordshire terriers can be traced back to tudor dogs which are apbt's.

im asking if the DNA-VIP stuff can guarantee that an apbt or amstaff doesn't have mixed blood in 'em. like let say, american bulldogs and mastiffs.

6. Attila

Attila Guest

Gotti isn't a Staffordshire nor is he a APBT. He is a english bull dog, American bulldog and maybe Pit mix. nothing pure about him. He can have a dna test on him and on file but it only would show if an offspring is of his mixed blood. But not in any way would it declair the offspring to be 100% any thing but mutt. Not a APBT or Staffordshire by a long shot. That dog couldn't even sniff out a good dog. I have found that DNA testing is only as good as it's samples. And the samplings are not taken in a regulated way where there is a verifiable witness of the swabbing. It is a joke. The only thing one can do is pick his breeder's and dogs personally. Even some one with a good dog on the yard will screw you over and stick with another dog to another dog. Not many people left like me. If a dog off my yard didn't perform I would assure you one that did. I have never had that happen but. That is why. I cull and that is that. That DNA crap is only as good and trusty as the person taking it and sending it in. It is a money thing. All about the money with some folks.

7. DiMaSaLaNg

DiMaSaLaNg Big Dog

that's a lot of sense, a lot of folks including me thinks that the DNA tested dogs are certified pure of breed. thanks for clearing my mind my friend. :)

8. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

The farther back the DNA testing goes the better the chances that the dog is what the breeder says it to be.... DNA testing is only as good as the dogs behind it it proves the parnetage not the breed
    As of now the DNA testing does not look for breed specific genes that I've ever heard of anyway

9. Here is the thing unless the parents and all the grandparens are dna profiled then there is no 100% chance that you can guarantee that those dogs belong where they say they are.

for example I will use Chevy Red. He is dna profiled, but his grandparents are not so you cannot prove that those dogs belong to chevy.

But If you have a son of chevy You can prove by dna testing that those dogs belong to chevy.

Hope this helps you out no converticy because we all know chevy is a mutt

10. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

To play devils advocate and show that dna profiling means nothing without a breeder you trust whole-heartedly behind it.... The dna test will prove the pups are off the dog dna'd. Its very easy to falsify the dna tests however. Since in this story, "Chevys" grandparents are not dna'd, the breeder of "Chevy" could send in a mastiffs dna with the name "Chevy" on it. It will prove the dogs are off the dog the dna was sent in for, but not "Chevy". "Chevys" owner could swear up and down with "proof" now he is a purebred dog, and the pups are off him. What does it prove? Not a thing if you dont trust the owner of "Chevy" to send in the dna of the dogs the sample is marked and labeled from. Its just as easy as hanging papers on dogs, and its more common than people like to think. We can come up with numerous scientific tests to "prove" parentage, but the fact is, if someone wants to be dishonest, they have found a way around everything we've tried to stop dishonest breeders so far-and will continue for the foreseeable future.

What does it boil down to? Buy dogs only from breeders you trust 100% to tell you the truth. This doesnt mean you talked to them on the net, sent them a payment, and got dna papers so now you can trust them. This means someone you've spent years dealing with, with no troubles, and has proven in every situation to be a stand-up guy/gal who you can trust to continue doing right by the dogs.

11. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Great post, 14rock. As he said, DNA ONLY proves parentage, not if the dog is "purebred". Since DNA is relatively new, not all dogs were DNA'd in the past & it's very possible (& more than likely in some cases), that the "foundation" dogs in which their offspring were DNA'd were mixed breed dogs. All the DNA proved is that the resulting offspring resulted form those 2 said dogs.

12. DiMaSaLaNg

DiMaSaLaNg Big Dog

great infos guys! :) thanks! i have learned a lot!

13. Attila

Attila Guest

Brother you ever want a dog from any place near me I will go get it and ship it to you and check that yard out for you. I don't charge a fee unless I have to travel a long ways. Then it is just gas. But I am perfectly willing to check out a breeder for anyone to make sure there isn't any shit work going on. Nothing sucks more than to have a dog shipped to you that turns out to be a dang mutt. I have been there. And of late have a friend that got dicked on a breeding. I feel bad for him. I would do this for several folks on site. They pick the dog I go check it out and deliver it to the airport or ground service to insure there isn't any switch shit going on. It can still have paper hanging I don't have a way around that but do on mutt checking. I would just as soon give one of my dogs to you than let you get a paper hung mutt or screwed by some asshole. It might cost you a weekend one the Island showing me around though. And making sure I get feed and lots of beer. lol I like to party a bit. I got my passport ready and lots of places to get stamped again. It has been about 20 years from my last visit I bet much has changed. Ladies will still be hot though. lol
    Wilhiem

14. DiMaSaLaNg

DiMaSaLaNg Big Dog

man im willing to tour you around here even if you dont give me anything,. ill point you to all the right directions... good food, good beaches, booze and women. i can pimp for you if you want! lol

are you one of the soldiers here before in angeles pampanga and subic? they were the ones who brought pitbulls in the philippine soil before it became big like it is now.

i would love to have a dog from there but i cant afford to at the moment because i have a small place ang i can only maintain 1 dog and make sure that she is happy.

im looking forward for your visit here. just give me message . ;)

15. Attila

Attila Guest

Yes I am one of those soldiers that wore the green goofy looking hat. I had one there as well that tossed a few litters. Little black bitch with a mark on her forehead that looked like the star of david. hence my grandpa had named her Star of David (star). She was a gift from him to me when he passed the kennel over to me in 1976 her Brutus, Grandpa's Bitch, And a few others that he turned me onto. He kept a few to play with till the end of his years that was not far off. Not nearly far enough for me. They never seem to stay around long enough. Then I got more when My other grandfather was murdered. Any way I got sidetracked. I will PM you when I can get a flight over and chill for a few weeks or so. I have some project to knock out first. Maybe I can pack a few pups in a crate and bring them over. We can call them what ever on the plane lol.

Wilhiem

16. DiMaSaLaNg

DiMaSaLaNg Big Dog

thats a nice story, i wonder where youre pups went?

i hope theres goin to be a solid black or any colored pup on the litter that youll be bringin. in that case il be looki forward to meet you and that pup! haha!

we can also check some kennels here and some dogshows within manila if ever there is one. i bet youll be amazed how much the main cities in the philippines has progressed!

17. Attila

Attila Guest

I bet I will be amazed. I still would like to see the country side though. I always had fun with the country folk that farmed and made different things. Ya and the food. lol I do get solid black pups often out of my litters. Even some solid Brindle dogs. Out of the original stock that is a given. Blacks and brindles. Out of my demon line I get allot of whiter colors and some fawn. Both those lines are well proven in the hunts.[​IMG] I will pick a good one that is for sure. Never travell with any thing less. It would be interesting to see the dogs there and to see if I see any resemblences. Now to start planning a trip. Don't want to hit the rainy season. The warmer seasons I like the most. Especially when the fruit is abundant on the tree's. Coffee beans are red with fruit. Not many people know the fruit is the stuff to have. lol

18. DiMaSaLaNg

DiMaSaLaNg Big Dog

ay yeahh...summer indeed.

the island awaits you my friend.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

:cool: