1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

DNA Profiled

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by Thunder98, Feb 15, 2016.

1. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

nice neutral position,,, Im sure it wouldnt be around if there wasnt a demand for it...

As far as TG being honest,,, he was banned from the adba(VIA FRISCO DNA) and started his own registry,,,
    not only does he charge you for a lie but he also makes money off selling you a certification of such,,,
    but if there wasnt a demand for it,,, it wouldnt exist...

2. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

Not so much as neutral as apathetic. I really do not care what the next guy does. My apologies upfront, but I could give two shits who hangs papers, uses DNA to prove or disprove, or what they choose to feed.

I personally believe there is a not one pit bull dog on the planet that is truly bred the way he is advertised. Granted everything up close that is of value may be correct but if one goes back far enough there will always be one guy that put the root on the next.

If using DNA makes a guy feel better or having dogs DNA'ed to prove lineage and it provides the utmost of confidence to the buyer, then it is more than worth the time and effort.

One of the oldest adages in these dog is really simple, "Paper can cut, but it can't scratch"

No offense to any reader here, but what the next guy does or does not do with his dogs has never been a deal breaker for me.

Maybe I am selfish, LOL, but it is all about me/my dogs.

S

3. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

The each his own attitude is a neutral position of not giving a fuck,,, a good attitude to have in my opinion...

4. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

It is the best opinion, in my opinion, at least when it comes to the dogs. Or late model stock cars on the dirt. Or a Saturday afternoon mud sling. As the old folks say, "I have to get all my shit in one sock". Basically take are of mine and let you take care of yours.

If I am not going to come over to your house a rake shit, water dogs and keep the yard up to be sure I'm not going to care how you choose to register dogs, or take the time to prove or disprove their lineage.

I have a puppy right now that I do not have registered. The owner of the female dog did not register the litter as it was bred. I happen to know exactly how he is bred as I was there and stood on top of the fight crazy male. As usual with peddlers the breeding did not take. But 14 months later he pays to breed another female to him who happens to look just like the stud dog. And on a visit there were at least four that looked just like the stud dog. The next breeding was done. Fast forward 5 years. A male from the 2nd breeding is out there getting it done.

The dog is question is double bred on a dog I have always been way high on. I have two choices. I can put the shit out in the street. Back it up with a boat load of indisputable facts or I can go breed to the dog based on what I know.

I chose to breed to the dog because his pops passed the tests, his brothers and sisters passed the test and he in turn passed the tests. My female who is bred similar, a little distant but similar, also passed the tests. So I bred to the dog with incorrect paperwork.

One I am looking out for me, and two I really do not care how people register their dogs, or DNA, or feed, or work or whatever.

And again I apologize for being selfish, but it is all about me/my dogs.

With that said, I wish no ill will on another or his dogs, and will help another out at the drop of a hat. I just won't put a lot of time, effort and energy into the decisions another has already made.

S

5. Malik81

Malik81 Pup

I am all for it but not as you stated "only for purchase of a dog, stud" but I believe it's much more important for the breeder himself.

6. Malik81

Malik81 Pup

This could be solved, if the parents are DNA profiled, it will cost you an extra test but you'll know for sure.

7. Robertosilva

Robertosilva CH Dog

But who's there to make sure those exact dogs are being tested? They could just present other dogs used in the breeding that are not well known dogs.

8. Malik81

Malik81 Pup

I did genetics engineering for my first major at collage and if used properly with right testing and culling, you will cut a lot of unwanted corners and avoid much unneeded trial and error.

I got this from another forum but it's nice to share.

Let say you OWN the following dogs (so you are sure of how they are bred) and no papers are hung.

Males:

1) GameDogs Pedigree: RBJBT'S MR.MACHOBUCK

2) GameDogs Pedigree: RBJBTKNL'S SUPER MACHOBUCK

3) GameDogs Pedigree: RBJBTKNL'S (EVOLUTION'S) MACHOBEAR II

Females:

1) GameDogs Pedigree: RBJBTKNL'S MACHABEAR PRIME

2) GameDogs Pedigree: RBJBTKNL'S MISS MACHOBUCK

Which male will you breed to which female if you wanted to get as close as possible to gr ch Machobuck, or if you want to preserve the blood. Let's say all dogs are proven. (just to eliminate this point).

Not trying to prove anyone wrong btw, just trying to pointout the importance of DNA profiling.

9. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Well to still illuminate the point, all dogs being proven doesn't mean equal!

10. Malik81

Malik81 Pup

Ok let's say equal :D

But don't forget I am asking about a breeding that is meant to preserve a blood.

11. Malik81

Malik81 Pup

So based on what you have which breeding will you do to preserve the blood?

12. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I've never given it much thought until lately.I am gone DNA one of mine this week, he will prob be the only one I ever DNA

13. Thunder98

Thunder98 Big Dog

Male 1 to female to 1if i wanted to get close or preserve.

14. Thunder98

Thunder98 Big Dog

Me too bamaman, may as well I like my boy...lol

15. Malik81

Malik81 Pup

Very true, and that's exactly what the DNA result tells you, cause going by pedigree alone, one would have thought of other options like 1X2 or 3X1.

Or even why not 2X1 since male 1 and 2 are full brothers, why not 2X1 , instead it's 1X1.

Well because if you look at the DNA results, you'll find the following results:

Males:

1. Mr.Machobuck has 7/10 identical Alleles
    2. Super Machobuck has 4/10 identical Alleles
    3. Machobear II has 5/10 identical Alleles

Females
    1. Machabear Prime has 7/10 Alleles identical
    2. Miss Machobuck has 4/10 Alleles identical

The 7/10, 5/10 and 4/10 identical are meant to be identical to GR CH Machobuck, since he was DNA profiled his results are used as a reference .

All results are quoted, I am just using them as an example, and to show the imporance of DNA profiling.

16. Robertosilva

Robertosilva CH Dog

Interesting information.

17. c_note

c_note CH Dog

All that but you spelled college wrong???

18. c_note

c_note CH Dog

Littermate breeding is running in place IMO. I used to think it was as good as father/daughter, mother/son. Name 5 historical dogs of significance from bro/sis breedings. Next name 5 linebred dogs of significance... Next 5 inbred back to side or dam. What are you getting from dogs with the same parents? What are you trying to produce/ what was your goal for the breeding? You might get some producers, might. Linebreeding produces more rounded dogs IMO. You choose a direction instead of straddling the fence hopin for greatness to pop back up. I don't have time to produce producers to produce producers, that looks weird lol. Working dogs should be good workers before good producers IMO. If I get a producer out of a litter of WORKERS, jackpot! If breeding good dogs was as easy as genetics, all the smart guys would have the best dogs. Look at the "history books." Most of the guys with the best dogs didn't have the best, or highest, education. Gotta have a good eye, know the dogs in the family, time, and patience form what I've learned, and always still learning. This shit ain't as easy as readin a book or 2 and solvin an equation. Gotta be willing to try and fail, the less fail the better

19. Malik81

Malik81 Pup

All that, and spelling mistake was the best you could come up with

20. Malik81

Malik81 Pup

The less fail the better... That's it, and DNA profiling helps a lot with that.