1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dmx?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by 3BK, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

And there ya have it!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2005
  2. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

but there are people that are bad for this breed that dont even listen to rap music, less known sing and write it. there are people that dont live in the ghetto, and are not thugs that are bad for this breed.
    there are people who listen to country music, or heavy metal, or polka, or anyother type of music that cause just as much drama and bad press for this breed out there.
    Now, I wont disagree that there are certain people that have made videos that show the breed in a bad light. But there are videos and movies that have shown other breeds in an equally bad light. The problem is so much bigger then a rap video. its coming from all sides: the News reports, news papers, radio, public misconception, music, movies, commercials, magazines, "breed experts", and so on. you can remove any one but there are enough of the others that it wont even matter.
    If you want to point a finger at a group that matters- BACK YARD BREEDERS. Every facet of them is a contributing factor to the breeds current predicament. They are filling the shleters and the streets with subquality dogs. breeding all willy-nilly with no care for temperment or production value. they put dogs in the hands of people who dont care and dont train. they enable the dog attacks by breeding poor temperment and poor placement.

forget DMX, Jay Z, or any other video making rapper. I have seen movies that show dogs of other breeds (saints, GSDs, Mals) killing people and attacking children and those breeds are not having the issues that ours is. You think a 10 second flash of a dog barking, or flashing some teeth in a urban video is a major contributor? Yea, right.
    Ignorance, lack of education, lack of training, and an indifference to the breeds future are you main problems. Lets make a post about that.

Mudville_Monsta likes this.
  3. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

Lmao. If these dogs weren't so goddamned popular with the wrong kind of people, then business might not be so good for backyard breeders.
    Of course all the blame should not be placed solely on DMX, PETA, the general media, byb's, ignorant politicians, bad owners, etc, etc, etc, but they all deserve to share a little. One is just as detrimental as the other. I don't have any more disdain for DMX than I do for the kid down the street who rolls puppies in the center of a tractor tire. I hate 'em all equally.

4. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

Thanks for saying that. That is also how I feel. In my opinion, everyone should really look at the big picture and stop blaming the situation on a certain group of people or agency. Everything plays a part in some way. Some things may have a bigger effect in certain aspects and other things add to the problem in their own way. I truly doubt that DMX is the cause of all the BYB and so-called thugs that are ruining the breed. If you think about it, people with bad intentions are going to be drawn to this breed. DMX or no DMX, it would have happened anyways. If there was no DMX, there would have been someone else doing the same thing sooner or later.

5. Judy

Judy CH Dog

I agree...

6. Suki

Suki Guest

I agree, as well. Nice reply!
    There are MANY people who have helped to create a negative image, therefore, it is going to take MANY people to help unravel it as well...

7. Sid Finster

Sid Finster Big Dog

If you read what I said, I stated that DMX (and by extension, rap music) is a symptom, not the problem.

8. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

People who are bad for the breed listen to rap music... OR is it that people that listen to rap music are bad for the breed? either way I disagree.
    music means nothing... I bet there are quite a few fans of DMX that dont have pit bulls, and are not bad for the breed and i bet there are people that are bad for the breed that dont listen to DMX or any kind of rap...you think?

9. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

Absolutely. I don't really see anyone saying otherwise.

10. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

We are simply stating music has its effect on people and DMX and other artist do not have the best influence on people. not that its just rap music or just this or that.

11. Jennifer&Will

Jennifer&Will Big Dog

I Like Dmx & I Know Im Not Bad For The Breed! I Volunteer At Animal Shelters, Open My Home To Fosters, And Try To Educate Anyone Who Will Listen. Its Really Become A Passion Of Mine Working With Apbt's!! Its Just A Few Bad Folks That Ruin It For Everyone!

12. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

Same here, I like his music. As I stated before, I know most of all of his lyrics to his songs. But, have I ever bought a dog for image, bought a big mutt, abused a dog, or fought any of my dogs? Nope. People make their own choices. Music doesn't make the decisions.
    However, this doesn't mean that DMX's videos with aggressive dogs hasn't inspired dumbasses to buy dogs and street-fight them and honestly it never really crossed my mind before this thread was started. I love this breed and anything that damages it pisses me off. I have lost the little respect that I have for the man (how much respect is due to a crackhead anyways? LOL). But, I still like the music. I can't deny that. However, he will not get another dollar from me.

13. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

my sentiments exactly!

14. Sid Finster

Sid Finster Big Dog

That is basically what I was saying.

If it were only so easy as rap = BYB or country music = dogfighter.

Although I've never heard of anyone who is into Polka fighting dogs. Maybe in Poland, or maybe I don't get out enough.

I'll test out H.I.F. Biber's "Sonata for My Guardian Angel" when I get the chance on Redhead and then maybe some Reggae and see what happens.

15. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

you leave reggae outta this.... ;)

16. yeah music has an affect on ignorant people maybe... i for one know that music half the time is all about entertainment and to never take every part of it seriously... this is just like blaming marilyn mansons music for the columbine tragedy... its all very stupid... i was smart enough to realize it back in 8th grade when i wrote a state level essay on the topic and im more then logical now in college... im about to give my 3rd presentation in the past 3 years on this breed and BSL (did it once in speech class, once for my graduating exhibition and now as a classical argument for freshman comp) and I like DMX too....

17. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

my one suggestion is next year take some marketing or psych classes about brand recognition and branding in the United states. thats the nicest way i know how to reply to that.

18. no need to take either one of those classes... would just be a waste of time... majoring in biology

19. jasong

jasong Big Dog

You say you don't want our dogs to be associated with him or his type but yet you fail to realy give examples why. In my opinion what better way to get our breed out to the public than by haveing a famous, publicly known person like him representing them. He took the dogs out into a public place for all the media to see and judge. And what happen, nothing. There was no fighting or attacking of innocent people, no growling or biting, in fact the media said they were very well ehaved. How does this sort of thing hurt our breed? Do you have access to the media like him to show everyone how this breed really is. This guy is totally putting down the idea that our dogs are mindless killers by bringing them out into the public around the media, off the chain and acting great. Am I the only one that sees this as a good thing.

1 person likes this.
  20. Sid Finster

Sid Finster Big Dog

Why? Maybe Redhead will like it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.