1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dmx?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by 3BK, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

"what one does with his dogs is his own business"

Wrong! Not when it affecs the community as a whole! For example, say I go out & let my dog piss in your only source of clean drinking water. Are you going to come up & say "what one does with his dogs is his own business?" I doubt it! What I did w/ my dog affected you in a negative way.So I doubt you're going to come up to me all chummy & say "what one does with his dogs is his own business." :rolleyes:

Think about it - when they pass BSL they don't say "OK, this new BSL is only for the Johnson household. Life for everyone else goes on as normal." Yeah, right - we all know that's not how it works. And when you got unsavory ppl doing unsavory things w/ pit bulls, esp. right out in public, it affects us all!

I also agree if you can't take care of your dogs you should re-home them until you can. There is no excuse for neglect. But some folks would rather catch as catch can than give up their dogs.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2005
    Rockstar likes this.
  2. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

I am from Atlanta and I am very aware of crime and the idiots that mis-use these dogs and abuse them. It is running rampant here also. However, to say that DMX is the reason, is crazy. The reason that these people are getting bulldogs is because of the negative image that they have, not because DMX likes bulldogs. Sure, he may add a little to the problem. But, the truth is, DMX doesn't hold much weight at all. He is a good artist but in areas like Atlanta, most people aren't really fans. Yet, these people are still abusing the dogs and destroying the breed. It has nothing to do with DMX. It has everything to do with the negative image that the breed has as a whole. This is a result of the media in general. Not the workings of one man.

3. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

No, DMX isn't the cause. It was going on before DMX & it will go on after him. But he DOES present the "thug life gangsta pit bull" thing as cool. This will therfore ...

1: Attract riff-raff to the breed.

2:Will cause some who wouldn't otherwise do so to emulate him.

3: Puts our breed in a bad light w/ JQP.

So no, while DMX is not the root cause; he does present it, promote it & keep it going.

As for who he reaches, don't underestimate this guy. His album "Flesh of my Flesh, Blood of my Blood" sold almost a million copies in it's first two weeks! And that's just one album!

4. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

I don't think anyone is saying he's a cause, but he's certainly a huge contributor.

5. bdub

bdub Top Dog

crackheads cant take care of dogs,,hell they cant even take care of themselves

6. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

Come on now....
    The huge contributer is the fact that our dogs are bred for fighting and they look tough. If DMX didn't exist, the problem would still be here, unchanged. A tough looking fighting dog is the perfect pick for people seeking an ego boost. DMX or no DMX. Think about it.... Do you really think that if DMX didn't exist, we wouldn't have the same exact problems anyways? It is bound to happen, no matter what. It sucks, but the truth is, an elite fighting dog such as a pit bull is going to attract negative attention and the wrong people.

7. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

I can only speak for what I know, and what I know is that up around here the whole bulldog craze started with the popularity of DMX. Before Dark as Hell and Flesh of My Flesh these dogs weren't too common. While these two albums were eating up the charts, the bulldog population was exploding.

Take a look at all the BSL laws that have been passed since '98, compared to before.

8. bdub

bdub Top Dog

Bsl Is Bs And Rappers Do Help With The Banning Of Our Dogs

9. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Our breed has been bred for fighting & has looked tough for over 200 years, but we never had the problems we do now. In fact, the pit bull problems & the gangsta rap movement seem to have cropped up together & have increased in tandem. Coincidence? I doubt it ...

10. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

I agree that the problems and negative images of the breed really started picking up in the mid 90s So, it is easy to make that assumption.

11. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

Well, I'll tell ya. You never heard so much as a peep about pitbulls until they fell into the hands of the general public, before that they were in working hands such as dogmen and those using them for hunting. Now they're in the hands of fools, the uninformed and the plain ol' blind to reality types. And most of the real issue comes from ghetto trash and wannabe tough guys (often one and the same) dirtying up the game. Now don't start the perrenial whine fest about the use of the word "ghetto". I'm not using it to describe any minority group but instead as a blanket term for the street thug out rolling their people aggressive curs openly. And yes DMX, Big Boi, and a lot of other rappers use these dogs for street credit. Did they create the monster? NO, but they sure as hell ain't helping kill it either. They're exploiting it.

**This post is not aimed at Tommyt or anyone...JMO**

12. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

AGREED!!! He does nothing to help the breed. He glorifys "street" fights in his videos and then all the wanna be thugs just gotta do it too. Then we have these "gangsta" wannabes runnin the streets abuseing thier 100lbs monsters to "make em mean" so they can be just like dmx's video. :rolleyes:

13. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

well i agree with rockstar and is that chick on the left really a penthouse model or is she the one who got him started on the rock lol

14. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

as I recall that post, the majority of the posts were for the person to talk to the dog owner first about the condition of their dogs. The reason I would suggest that, if you call the authorities firstI would be afraid they might come in take all the dogs a euth. them. If I saw any person or animal being neglected I would never mind my own business and I believe everyone should do the right thing.

15. NORTH

NORTH Top Dog

LOL @ Chevy

16. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

well here i go again. some of these are qoutes and rebuttles against them and others are just straight out rebuttles against posts. hope you follow.

#1. "He doesn't love them or care about them. To him they're just a penis extention, something to make himself seem "bad ass." He uses them to promote his "gansta" image to boost his "cred" (not to mention his record sales!)."

i really don't think his talent or sales rely on this breed. he has much more knowledge and experiences in ways of life that not all can understand or adapt to. not only that most who at least are just plain street smart would see these convictions as petty, and a embarresment.

#2, like rocksteady said neglect cannot be overlooked. but like i said before i hope he has learned from his mistakes.

while his decision to show this breed in a face off against each other was wrong for the public to view, i have to at least remember and bring up the fact that, your show dogs are only here because of the blood that was shed by game dogs. this comes from another memebers qoute. it is not the same but along those lines.

as far as this goes i to have much respect for rockstar as being that you have knowledge and contribute to this breed and community in a positive way, but yet i still have to argue this .

"Just go ahead and lock jaws and your half I got yours
    Send in the dog I smell it all night"

"Ruff Ryders feed all they dogs wit raw blood"

"Have you forgotten what it means when a dog shows his teeth?
    Let me break it down for you he's about to attack you"

"It seem they've forgotten how dark it could get
    Barks like a pit, scratch when i hit"

"When Niggaz hear that dog bark,
    they betta run, when police hear
    that dog bark they betta come"

"if you a dog, you better bite before you bark"

"From his camp get the stamp, the grand champ, it's official
    Think when you die, how many's gonna miss you"

could these lyrics be what is in rap or hip-hop, a metaphor. they are commonly used and have dual meanings, as i'm sure you know the meaning. just wanted to state that.

now this comment is just a strecth.

"Wrong! Not when it affecs the community as a whole! For example, say I go out & let my dog piss in your only source of clean drinking water. Are you going to come up & say "what one does with his dogs is his own business?" I doubt it! What I did w/ my dog affected you in a negative way.So I doubt you're going to come up to me all chummy & say "what one does with his dogs is his own business."

no matter what the breed, i think if this happened most people would wonder what the F@!k is wrong with the owner and not the dog or breed.

to this post i have to say props bro, you hit it on the nob.

"I am from Atlanta and I am very aware of crime and the idiots that mis-use these dogs and abuse them. It is running rampant here also. However, to say that DMX is the reason, is crazy. The reason that these people are getting bulldogs is because of the negative image that they have, not because DMX likes bulldogs. Sure, he may add a little to the problem. But, the truth is, DMX doesn't hold much weight at all. He is a good artist but in areas like Atlanta, most people aren't really fans. Yet, these people are still abusing the dogs and destroying the breed. It has nothing to do with DMX. It has everything to do with the negative image that the breed has as a whole. This is a result of the media in general. Not the workings of one man."

no matter where you are there is a bunch of know it alls who are going to do what they do and it's not his fault. it happened before him and will continue, unfortunatley after him and us.

"But he DOES present the "thug life gangsta pit bull" thing as cool. This will therfore ...

1: Attract riff-raff to the breed.

2:Will cause some who wouldn't otherwise do so to emulate him.

3: Puts our breed in a bad light w/ JQP."

well sorry to tell you but this breed has been bred for one thing and, no matter what you think, people know this. though his lyrics might cause more attention i think that billy the back yard breeder or bobby the back yard fighter will have more of a bearing on this.

now this i have to argue.

"Our breed has been bred for fighting & has looked tough for over 200 years, but we never had the problems we do now. In fact, the pit bull problems & the gangsta rap movement seem to have cropped up together & have increased in tandem. Coincidence? I doubt it ..."

other than DMX what other rapper has even mentioned gamebred dogs or apbt's. most of the rappers have staffies that they pass as bulldogs. so i see no connection. and if your trying to suggest a plot, i see no reason for these rappers to go against what you all say is promoting their gangster image.

now to this i have to agree with a slight response. but intended in great respect.

"Well, I'll tell ya. You never heard so much as a peep about pitbulls until they fell into the hands of the general public, before that they were in working hands such as dogmen and those using them for hunting. Now they're in the hands of fools, the uninformed and the plain ol' blind to reality types. And most of the real issue comes from ghetto trash and wannabe tough guys (often one and the same) dirtying up the game. Now don't start the perrenial whine fest about the use of the word "ghetto". I'm not using it to describe any minority group but instead as a blanket term for the street thug out rolling their people aggressive curs openly. And yes DMX, Big Boi, and a lot of other rappers use these dogs for street credit. Did they create the monster? NO, but they sure as hell ain't helping kill it either. They're exploiting it."

i totally agreee with you but with the exception that i think DMX and Big BOi are two totally dofferent cases. while one is a plain and simple admirerer of the gamedog the other is no more than a pet bull or puppy peddler. now these words might be harsh coming from a man that doesnt know himpersonally, but i can say he doesn't post lines on his dogs, always has a litter for sale and in my opinion is passing of staffies as bulldogs.

ok hope this made some sense.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2005
  17. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

Good post Mudville Monsta.

18. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

thanks, i just want to say that i'm not trying to be an a$$. i just can't help it, i love a good debate.LOL.

19. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

your right on the money with your answer, not an ass this time[​IMG]

20. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

i agree with mudville they may not have created the problem but they who claim to love the breed do nothing to fix it. sometimes being passive is as bad as participating openly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.