1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dmx?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by 3BK, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

roflmao...........

2. planecrazy

planecrazy Big Dog

What's up with the Ruff Riders? I guess what I mean is...what is their connection with DMX and pits?

3. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

DMX is a member of the ruff ryders, DMX owns APBT's.

4. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

since your arguement is based on the general publics view of who is represented in the media and how that effects our dogs and how their viewed. i want to ask if you think that MR.B. a well known and respected man in apbt community and from your neck of the woods is a bad role model or if he has attached a bad aura to this breed. to my knowledge he was not a drug user and he did not portray a thug lifestyle, but he was called the godfather of dogfighting and was portrayed as a bad man in the media. he bred these dogs for many years and has one of the most respected bloodlines ever, also has a great bank of knowledge whether it be breeding, raising or whatever when it comes to this breed. if not then it seem as if your opinions contridict themselves and if you do then it seems as if you yourself might be a danger to the breed. oh yeah and i think it was knock that posted that he has friends that know DMX. hopefully i can see his personal opinion on this topic.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2005
  5. id bet zero percent would... and rockstar,ill be sure to remember to ask u have u contacted him in 70 days.

6. planecrazy

planecrazy Big Dog

Was it the same Ruff Ryders who had their own line of pit bull dog food they were selling in the Gazette?

7. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

lol .... He's not god..he's only human.. besides.. somewhere, somehow most everyone breaks a law ...where it be little itty bitty or major screwed.. .. difference is some get caught, some dont.. But really. We arent his maker nor his judge ... FLoyd went to jail, too ... so going to jail means nothing,

8. idgie

idgie Big Dog

I understand why people have issues with DMX, but from his lyrics and biography (yes, I read his bio, lol) I honestly think he cares a great deal about the dogs. Parts of his bio are featured in the Outlaw Bible of American Literature, alongside literary greats like Jack Kerouac, Henry Miller, etc.!
    Also, BTW, Garner's Bolo 2X is in DMX's next video.

9. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

He's not God... Well, Rock-1, to millions he may as well be. He's worshipped just the same. My only beef with him is that he encourages his fans to run out and buy a "pitbull" but he doesn't offer any guidence to go along with it. He's brazenly public about matching his dogs and setting them loose on his enemies. When millions try to emulate you, that's a dangerously irresponsible message to send. For that I can have nothing but contempt for him.

You'd bet wrong. And most definitely he'll be invited to share his opinion on this site. If you'd like the number for his agent, let me know. You can invite him yourself;)

10. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

IMO DMX is one of the worst things to happen to the breed. Don't y'all remember all the bad press he brought the breed when he featured snarling APBTs facing off in one of his videos? Right then I concluded the man was a moron. What kind of responsible person who loves the breed would do that? They wouldn't! And that was only the 1st of several of his antics that put APBTs in a bad light.

DMX just uses these dogs. He doesn't love them or care about them. To him they're just a penis extention, something to make himself seem "bad ass." He uses them to promote his "gansta" image to boost his "cred" (not to mention his record sales!). This guy is like a tick, a user, using the breed for his own gains. He doesn't love the breed, nor is he good for it.

JMHO ...

11. DEADGAME14

DEADGAME14 Big Dog

CHEERS TO THAT BRUDER!

12. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

If you are going to talk about the man behind his back, at least you can get your facts straight.

13. rocksteady

well lets put this in a different lite.. I remember someone wanting to know what they should do because they say dogs ,which were in the publics view, that could have very well been neglected (dirty water, mud, ect) and they were told to go talk to person and mind their own business.. So.. how is the same not applied to DMX and his dogs? mind our own business?? Why is it ok for someone to neglect or not give theeri dogs the best of care and the thought was "help them out" yet people cringe because DMX "promotes" whatever he promotes? On one hand by ignoring neglect we are promoting that its ok to keep dogs however we want... dirty water, mud and all (and again, these dogs were in the public's view..no one was snooping or loking over privacy fences..)

same principles..

14. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

I agree that there are plenty of people out there that bought pit bulls because they saw them in DMXs videos and because they heard DMX talking about how great they are. I agree that there he is not a benefit to the breed. However, he isn't breeding man biters and his dogs aren't the ones that are attacking people. He is not the one that we need to worry about. He has never told kids to fight their dogs, he has never said anything about siccing a dog on a person. Half of the rap videos show a pit bull somewhere in it. Why won't you bash them too? At least this guy talks good about them. Outside of his videos that show dogs facing off and his drug problem, I have never seen or heard anything that DMX has done to damage the breed. His songs always talk about how great they are and never about them attacking people (like some people here claim). If you don't like the man, leave it at that. Don't spread lies and rumors in an attempt to get your point across. There are things like breeders that are breeding attack pit bulls that we should worry about. Yet, you all want to bash someone behind his back and use propaganda to do it. I have to admit I have done the same thing with out thinking (ie Diane Jessup). But, it isn't right and you know it. I am sure we can find something better to talk about. Maybe, something that can produce results besides more talk that gets nowhere and just spreads rumors.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2005
  15. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Bashing? Propaganda? I see nothing but ppl telling the truth. It's a known fact that DMX made that moronic video. It's known fact he promotes the "gangsta" lifestyle & it's known fact he's a druggie. As for saying anything behind his back, this is a public convo out in the open for anyone's eyes to see, including his.

No one said they liked or condoned animals kept in poor condition. The advice given (MYOB or talk to the person) were given b/c firstly the dogs may have been seized by AC & then "pit bull fighter neglects dogs" would have been splashed all over the evening news. (Yes, I know no one said they were dogfighters but you can bet your bottom dollar that's what the lead-in on the news would say.) Plus, the person may have been in a bad way & doing the best they could.

Such is not the case w/ DMX. Like I said before, DMX doesn't love the breed. He's just using it (in a bad way I might add) for his own personal gain. He may not rap about fighting or explictly say "go fight your pits" yet he shows them facing off in his videos! Actions speak louder than words & this video was seen nationwide by millions of ppl! In case you didn't remember, it caused a huge nationwide stir from the pet crowd & in my area caused a nasty backlash against pit bulls. In fact, if I remember correctly, a piece was even done on the video by the Today show! You say "OK so he did one bad thing" but this one bad thing was a colossal mononic blunder that negatively affected pit bull owners nationwide!

As for his dogs, we don't know if they're out there biting folks or not, as most ppl don't know the bloodlines of the dog that bit them. But I can bet your bottom dollar some of 'em are in the hands of some dead head gang-banger trying to emulate DMX ... :(

16. rocksteady

So you know from experience then? Personally? You have been to DMX's "yard" or whatever..you have personally owned his dogs, spoken with the man?

And it is the same thing.. even if someone has fallen upon hard times, that NO EXCUSE to keep dogs in poor condition. If people truely love their dogs as claimed, they would have enough sense to a) find someone to take care of them b) help them out c) get rid of them!!!

Its stil the same point "what one does with his dogs is his own business"

people are making it sound like DMX is the root of all problems.. low lifes were gettign these dogs way before DMX ...

17. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

He has never told anyone to buy a pit bull. He has never said that he matched his dogs on any song, he has never said that he set them loose on his enemies. Once again you do not know what you are talking about.

No need for such disrespect. I have my opinion of the man, and you obviously have yours. DMX-worshippers will acquire bulldogs just because he and a few others have made it trendy to do so. He doesn't have to literally say "go buy a pitbull." People will do it because they want to be like him.
    I've heard him in interviews make such comments as "I'll feed so-and-so to my dogs" and "I'll turn my dogs on 'em." At a highly publicized awards event he said onstage that he owns a grand champion. "She's a grand champion because she won five pit fights..."
    Then of course there is the video displaying the snarling dogs. Some of his lyrical content consists of lines such as:

"Just go ahead and lock jaws and your half I got yours
    Send in the dog I smell it all night"

"Ruff Ryders feed all they dogs wit raw blood"

"Have you forgotten what it means when a dog shows his teeth?
    Let me break it down for you he's about to attack you"

"It seem they've forgotten how dark it could get
    Barks like a pit, scratch when i hit"

"When Niggaz hear that dog bark,
    they betta run, when police hear
    that dog bark they betta come"

"if you a dog, you better bite before you bark"

"From his camp get the stamp, the grand champ, it's official
    Think when you die, how many's gonna miss you"

...and blah blah blah.

"Oh, but his terminology is symbolic..." would be a common argument.
    I don't give a fat froggy's ass if it's symbolic or not. When he refers to himself and his cronies as "pitbulls" who kill people, how can I respect him?

Happy Thanksgiving.

18. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

I apologize, I meant no disrespect. You are very knowledgable when it comes to the breed and I respect that and I respect your opinions. I am pretty sure that I have learned many things from your posts. However, I do not see it necessary that people state their opinions as fact when in fact, they are not. I agreed that he is not good for the breed. He has done and said many things that are not good for the breed and he does use the pit bull image as a selling point. That is true. I am not arguing that. Those lyrics are figurative, as you say but they are not good for the breed either. However, there has been alot of comments posted that has no basis on fact and it is just un-necessary. It is possible to say that you don't like the man without making up things or using rumors to validate your opinion and I am not talking directly to you. This has been done by many others throughout all of this bickering.

19. Actually, I gave her the site's address but do not know if / when she will login. If DMX is like her, "they already know everything about the dogs!" I will certainly suggest this to her if/when I see her again.

20. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

I hear where you're coming from. Let me explain my position a little more clearly. In Washington State where I live, there are many areas where street gangs run like the plague. In my city with a population of around 100,000, there are Surenos, Nortenos, Barrios Los Padrinos, Southside Locos, Brick City, Native Gangster Bloods, Matons, Playboys and Playgirls, and others that I can't think of right now. New gangs are moving in every year. Crime and violence is terrible. You're liable to be shot for wearing rosary beads or an Emmit Smith jersey...or have your house firebombed. I'm not proud to admit that my own young brother went to prison for a drive-by shooting, then went back two months after his release for assaulting a police officer. Just recently a guy emptied a whole magazine of an AK-47 at a christian music concert. A musician friend of mine, Danny Guyer *RIP* was stabbed in the heart and killed a couple months ago. Things are worse in cities such as Tacoma and Yakima, and I can't imagine what it's like in southern California or NYC. With the popularity of DMX, all these gangbangers are breeding the hell out of bulldogs, stealing them (I had 9 stolen last year), rolling them in their front yards, and making them people-aggressive. In Yakima and Bridgeport(where I used to live) these dogs have been outlawed due to attacks on people and pets, strays wandering the streets, mothers found nursing litters in abandoned buildings, etc. About a hundred miles north of me there is the infamous "Blood Alley," where gangster-types go to roll their dogs. No ref, no rules, no aftercare, no respect. Many of these people will freely admit that DMX is an influence on their decisions to do what they do. Maybe if the man truly realized the negative effect he is having on the bulldog community, he would make an effort to change it, but i just don't think he cares one way or the other. Of course I can't say that as a fact. I'd be very interested in hearing what he had to say about this issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.