1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Divine intervention

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by frenchie1936, Oct 2, 2007.

1. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

the article said some would go to homes while others were to go to law enfocement. i'm assuming that the ones that are really DA are going for LE. and the article never said anything about them passing dog aggression tests nor did i. in fact there was a complete lack of anything mentioned of the sort, so i'm going to go out on a limb and assume these people know they are DA, since they aren't stupid and the dogs were from the most highly publicized dog fighting case ever, they aren't going to let them go to homes with other pets. but, like i said, we'll see what happens.

2. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

and why do so many people automatically act pessimistic about certain things? it's time for people to go outside and feel the sunshine once in a while. acting negatively towards what in all regards should be considered a positive story only aides our enemies.

3. Nobody said you or anyone for that matter said that they tested DA....we just know that they do from previous arrests and placements.....

4. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

Where is the article that you read that from Frenchie?? I would like to read it myself

5. I second that.....link would be great.....thanks!

6. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

looking for it. i think it was an AP article. it was on my news ticker for at&t when i logged on this morning. well, at&t and bellsouth are conjoined at the hip down here. i post it as soon as i find it.

7. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

Ok thanks!

8. Cross-posted....

Most of Vick's dogs will go to families and a 'sanctuary'
    (CNN) -- All but one of the dogs seized in the Michael Vick dog fighting case will be placed with families or put in a "sanctuary," where they will interact with people to overcome their fear and lack of socialization, according to court order filed Monday.

Michael Vick pleaded guilty in August to conspiracy charges related to dog fighting.
    One of the 49 seized dogs "has a history biting humans" and will be euthanized, according to a motion filed in Virginia in U.S. District Court.
    U.S. Attorney Chuck Rosenberg said the dog -- identified as number 2621 -- "exhibited intense aggression to humans to the point where the evaluation could not safely be completed."
    The recommendation came more than a month after the court ordered the dogs evaluated by U.S. Department of Agriculture contractors.
    Last month a team of animal behavior experts selected by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals analyzed the dogs, and then recommended whether they were best suited with families, trained as police dogs, placed in a sanctuary or euthanized.
    Federal authorities anticipate recommending a guardian be appointed to oversee the placement of the other dogs.
    Vick pleaded guilty in August to federal conspiracy charges related to dog fighting on his property in Surry County, Virginia. He is to be sentenced on the federal charges on December 10.
    Last month, a federal judge tightened restrictions on Vick after he tested positive for marijuana use. The suspended Atlanta Falcons player must submit to any method of drug testing required by the pretrial services officer or the supervising officer.
    He must participate in substance abuse therapy and mental health counseling if the pretrial services officer or supervising officer orders that.

Vick was also ordered to stay home between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. He is to be electronically monitored during that time.
    Vick also faces state charges related to dog fighting. He will be arraigned on state charges on October 3 in a Virginia court

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/10/01/vick.dogs/index.html

9. Michele

Michele Guest

maybe that electronical device will short out and zap him

10. ROTFLMAO....some of us can only wish....hope and pray!

11. Michele

Michele Guest

i figured you'd get a kick out of that...LOL.....

12. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

hmm... the one i read said some would be used for law enforcement. oh well, same point i guess. and actually the fact they are going to a sanctuary shows their potential for rehabilitation.

13. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

i hope someone finds an appropriate way to deal with him, like shanking him in the shower in prison. or worse........ i see it going something like this "no Tiny, please not there!!!"

14. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

It says Trained for Police dogs

15. fitzpit

fitzpit Big Dog

Last month a team of animal behavior experts selected by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals analyzed the dogs, and then recommended whether they were best suited with families, trained as police dogs, placed in a sanctuary or euthanized.