1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

dislocated hind leg, how to make it stronger?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by MollyThePit, Sep 24, 2012.

1. I adopted my girl Molly 4 months ago.she was 40 lbs emaciated and was hit by a car when she was young and has a dislocated back right leg, but the vet feels since it dosn't bother her no surgery is recommended until she starts to have a problem.

what are your thoughts? i just do a nice amount of hand walking with her and light jogs and about 5-10 minutes of flirt pole a day, but i never over work her. Im wondering if you guys have any ideas to make her leg a little stronger. Shes about 1 year and 51 lbs now. (maybe specific vitamins?)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the two side views are of her good side. ill try to bet a better picture of her bad leg a littler later. thanks in advance

2. SBKennels

SBKennels Pup

I have a similar problem but I thought walking it out woul be great but it never healed now I don't know wether to break it and splint it or get the surgery done because I could've been had the surgery done if the vet would have did it! But it does make it hard to breed her because she can't hold the weight of the make

3. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Stem cell technology can work miracles LOL.

4. best2best

best2best Big Dog

had one with a blowen hip try rest! if does not bother her hand walk her my bitch leg was once broke at the age of five weeks once she hit a year old and her leg was allowed the proper time to heal i then began to hand walk her and every day we would walk her longer and longer till the point of i learned that she could walk for u to 3hours before she would pull that leg up! Frist a by far most have it check by a vet to make sure that hip is not rubbing against that hip socket onec u get the clean bill of health work her ez just to see when it bothers her! and by far keep her from becoming over weight! and by all means dont break ur dog leg to try and fix it on ur own! good luck with ur hound!