1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

different bloodlines in different regions

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by swosprey, Sep 7, 2004.

1. swosprey

swosprey Pup

I have noticed an interesting thing in regards to the bloodlines that are
    being bred in different regions of the states.

If you look down south a lot of the classic bulldog lines are being bred. OFRNs seem to be predominate in the midwest. The far west seems to have a lot of the flashy, big headed,
    dogs, with newer bloodlines.

I understand the south, being thats where a lot of the classic Dog men lived. Does anyone know why there are such different tastes in dog according to geographical region?

Is there any new bloodlines compare to the Eli, jeep, or chinaman lines? I guess has the dog reached a pinnicle or is there more to be done?

Just Curious

2. GT99

GT99 Pup

Which kennels in the midwest have exceptional OFRN? Seems like most have been bred for show like amberlite etc, I have not heard of anymore truly game OFRN which is unfortunate as they do look amazing and have such a storied history.

I could be wrong, if there are still some tight Game lines I would like to know, not any crosses but some real pure OFRN

3. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Theres alot of Tramp blood out in the Midwest from what I understand by a buddy of mine that lives out there. I didn't know there was alot of OFRN out there lol, hell ya don't see many OFRN competing anyhow...

BB

4. GT99

GT99 Pup

its too bad, they were some nice dogs back in the day. I think that they became to mainstream and popular for showing, Amberlite and so many others breeding for confirmation. Its amazing how long it takes to breed good dogs for what they were born to do, but takes no time at all to breed them for show and lose all the qualities that made em great

5. swosprey

swosprey Pup

I wasn't making a comment about good or bad on the ofrn breedings I just noticed them around here.
    Ironline kennels out of Indiana has a lot of norrods blood, but I personally have no clue about their dogs. I remember Ironworkers used to have an ok line up in Michigan a few years back. I met a guy in Montana who had nice little bitch out of their yard, but I don't think they dealt alot with ofrn's. I just meant that I see less main stream lines here, I also see a lot of mccoy in michigan. I just wondered about the preferences in differen't areas.
    It seems like the south has kept a lot of the old bloodlines alive. I personally like the more classic
    bloodlines.

thanks for your time.