1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

diarrhea problems

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Gracey, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Gracey

Gracey Big Dog

hi im starting to stray from the first reason i joined here my pitbull gracey maybe 11 weeks old ive had her since she was 8 weeks old ever since i got her she seems to have a very sensitive stomach sometimes shed get in the cat food and throw it up but shed also throw up other stuff the only thing shes kept down is the retriver brand from tractor supply. but shes always having diarrhea ... i know it isnt parvo she loves her food and drinks water plus ive delt with parvo 5 times and she shows none of the symptoms shes very active .. the only time she seems she aint is when im not or asleep i don't know though i was thinking about giving her a half of an imoduim today .. i just cant afford the vet right now my bf is in fl getting a job because there isnt any in my city but has anyone else had this problem or can help me with it? thank you -Jess

2. showdawgs

showdawgs Pup

Can pumkin, it is the best. Give them a big whopping spoon full. It helps with digestion, and cures diarreah!!

3. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

Try 1/2 imoduim, but it sounds like you need a trip to the vet. Diarrhea can be dangerous for a pup. There is a reason that she is having issues and I can think of a dozen things to give her but all will come from your vet. An exam, checking the stool, and meds should be under 150.00. JMO if you cannot afford a vet bill that small, then place the puppy in another home and wait till you are financially stable enough to own a dog. The puppy should not suffer because you cannot afford to take proper care of the puppy.

Basic care if you have not done it is shots and deworm. If you cannot afford that then Please get rid of the puppy to someone that can care for it.

4. Gracey

Gracey Big Dog

oh wow thats somethin new lol are you talking about the canned pumpkin stuff thats used in pie and cakes?? that stuff is pretty sweet never would have thought that would help i hope it helps me this is starting to be a very big problem ... shes not even house broken yet :eek: feel like i have to walk around her every time she gets up

5. Gracey

Gracey Big Dog

puppy has had two rounds of shots and yes wormed once waiting another week before she is due for it again .. i can't get rid of her bf got a job shes had this prob on an off for three weeks if she can wait another well about a week or week an half i can afford it then

6. showdawgs

showdawgs Pup

Yes the can pumkin for pies, it is all natural no sweetners in it yet, till you add the sugar to make a pie, taste it, it is pretty bland. We have a blue dog that whenever he eats anything but dog food, it gets explosive lol

This works great, you can add a spoonful to his meal for a while too!!

7. showdawgs

showdawgs Pup

Hopefully this will help, what are you feeding him if I can ask? Maybe it is too rich for him?

8. Gracey

Gracey Big Dog

retriver brand from tractor supply the protien kind but i also have the gravy train from that brand thing is she dont want to really eat it without wet canned food mixed in .. but im starting to give her less of that cuz of the prob i figured that might help .. shes mad at me for that haha

9. showdawgs

showdawgs Pup

That is most likely the proble, don't give it can or wet. Gravy Train will give them the SH@@s!!!!

10. Gracey

Gracey Big Dog

lol okay well i hadnt even opened that bag yet i was still on the protien bag and puppy blend bag so what just put dry down for her and if she dont want to eat it then shell just it when she gets hungry?

11. showdawgs

showdawgs Pup

Set it down for 20 minutes in the morning if she doesn't east it, pick it up and try again in the evening, 20 minutes down again doesn't eat it pick it back up, etc... After about 3-6 days she will eat USUALLY lol Try a tablespoon of pumpkin in the food for a few days, and gredually back it off decreasing it little by little

12. pitbullin

pitbullin Big Dog

your feeding two different kinds of VERY shitty food. to a puppy. how about feeding puppy chow for a week and see if he hardens up after about 4 days.....tyry it for real...

i wouldent feed gravy train to a cur....

13. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

didn't you also say your pup is vomitting? pepto bismol works wonders. my vet swears by it and so do i. also vanilla danactive will help her lil digestive track. i got a whole recipe from the vet for upset tummies. it includes boiled egg (only use the yolk), vanilla danactive, and pedialyte. later you add boiled boneless skinless chicken. i've also heard of using the canned pumpkin. also, sounds like you're switching to different foods regularly. that's enough to upset any dog's stomach. high quality foods may be a bit more expensive, but if you think about it you'll actually save money with less trips to the vet. good luck with the pup. if nothing is working, she really needs to see a vet. if it has blood in it or she stops eating and drinking, stop what you are doing and take her to the vet immediately.

14. Gracey

Gracey Big Dog

she was only throwing up when i fed her the alpo and some other kind i cant remember but when i replaced it with the other the throwing up stopped and i just put plain dry and after 5 mins of avoiding it shes now eating it as if were with wet :D

15. Marty

Marty Guest

Sound like your feeding to many different feeds to me, find out what works and stick to it ;)

You can't change there food all of a sudden it will give them the s**ts!

16. Gracey

Gracey Big Dog

yeah i know it was horrible first i was feeding her something i cant remember my mom bought it then it was alpo cuz she threw the other up well she threw alpo up too so i put her on retriever and shes been on that straight for about a week.. she seems to like it i guess i need to take a trip to the feed store someone said it was a very shitty food and the thing with sticking to one food should i just stick with this since she likes it or should i take her off of it? i dont want to mess up her stomach anymore than it is

17. pitbullin

pitbullin Big Dog

you really need to find a good puppy formaula though. and quit cutting corners due to cost. ive said this time and time again. "if you cant afford to feed them (HEALTHY FOOD) leave em where you see em'!"

18. Gracey

Gracey Big Dog

i didnt say i cant afford food i said i couldnt afford the vet right now

19. Marty

Marty Guest

I know a lot of people are against it but with me not working I have been having to feed green bag diamond from tractor supply for 8 months now its not the best they got but its all I can afford right now, with one pup you should check into the Blue Buffalo down here they have it 15lbs $25.00 ;)

20. Gracey

Gracey Big Dog

oh thats not bad ill look into that next time i head to town :)