1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Diamond Dog Food

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Chopper, Dec 19, 2004.

1. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

I've been telling people that for years now..be careful even with raw bones. I had a good friend who tried that BARF diet and they ended up losing 2 good dogs. WE tried it and I dont care what anyone says, dogs can get sick !!
    Heck, you can lose a dog to a sock or plastic bag

In the wild, wolves eat the hide of the animal which in turn helps to pass the bones.

I would say that if you so choose to go this method, make sure you watch your dogs, take bones away after awhile or grind them up first. It costs around $1,600 to fix a dog that has a blocked stomach or perforated intestine

2. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

I've seen people place in shows that feed 'ol Roy-when it comes to the best of the best , there is NO substitute for quality-

3. rocksteady

LOL..even that high priced feed isnt all its cracked up to be! You think "human grade" meat is the best? Maybe if its all organic..free range but most of the stuff we eat is chocked full of growth hormones, steroids.. and over time, its building up. Look at the mad cow diesease! Cattle getting sick from eating cattle lol.

Dog food companies are not required by law to list ingredients by highest amount ot lowest.
    You cannot judge a bag of dog feed by the price it is. What is good for one dog isnt necassirly good for another.. and thats the point We all seem to get different results. What works for one may not work for the next. Yes, there is junk feed out there (kibbles and bits)

Check out the pepsin digestablity..you have to call the company to get it

4. jstorm

jstorm Pup

i feed my dogs high energy and puppy also. i was feeding them what the vet recomended but one of my males started to lose his hair. i talked to a breeder and he said to try diamond so i did . my dogs hair started to grow back the rest of my dogs started to look better also. so i like diamond dog food.but i also think you need to feed your dog what works best for them because all dogs do not get the same results from the feeds.

5. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

What was you feeding before switching Jstorm?

6. Jenn

Jenn Top Dog

I also switched to Diamond lamb & rice - from Eukanuba (large breed puppy). I have noticed a difference in the amount of stool and the amount of gas. There has been no difference in their coats for the better or worse. I like the Diamond and plan on sticking with it for now. The also get meat on occasions and started to give them some veggies but they just look at me like what the hell is this?

7. babyboy20

babyboy20 Pup

diamond dog food is crap its like a laxitive.I feed my pits authorty it does them well.

8. tjpitbull

tjpitbull Big Dog

I feed all my dogs diamond lamb and rice mixed with pedigre. Have not had one problem with the type of feed , as for the dogs taking there shit its not alll runny like the other foods ive fed in the past but hey to each there own.

9. tjpitbull

tjpitbull Big Dog

Kudos to you i tottaly agree with you on that one,......................

10. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

We feed Diamond Maintenance in the winter and Diamond Lamb & Rice in the summer and have had great results. We've tried Authority, Exceed, and Maximuin Nutrition and found that the dogs responded the best on the Diamond. Now I don't like the Hi-Energy formula simple because the stools on the dogs were greenish, and the dogs didn't have the same reactions as with the Maintenance. We are always on the lookout for a better food that isn't going to suck our wallets dry but so far Diamond has rated the highest!
    LR

11. rocksteady

I agree. I dont like the hi Energy either. Too much corn My dogs shed alot on that and poop up a storm

I'm sticking with the Diamond Lamb and Rice .. It works for my dogs and works well!

12. We've been feeding our dogs Pro Plan original chicken and rice formula and its done good for them. Their coats are really nice and has kept them healthy. I've seen some people down on Pro Plan, but the dogs are doing really good with it. At this point I can't see switching to any other type of food.

13. Norvell57

Norvell57 Top Dog

HOW MUCH DOES CANEDAE COST

14. Texasred

Texasred Pup

Thumbs up to Diamond!!