1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

MI: Detroit Rapper Young Calicoe Raided After Dog Fighting Video Goes Viral

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Vicki, Jul 12, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

Detroit Rapper Young Calicoe Raided After Dog Fighting Video Goes Viral

7/11/2012 @ 7:19PM

After a video boasting of dog fighting went viral, police and Humane Society agents raided the home of Detroit rapper Young Calicoe.

It’s unclear whether Detroit rapper Young Calicoe is actually using the dogs and roosters in this video for fighting, or whether this is simply the dumbest possible PR move in the history of the internet.

Whatever the truth of the matter may be, the possibility of cruelty to animals was obvious enough from this video that Detroit police and Humane Society agents raided the rapper’s home today, confiscating the dogs.

Young Calicoe disputed that any cruelty to animals took place, tweeting, “Now that they have Healthy lovable dogs in custody, I just hope that they find nice homes for each and every one of them.”

“We’re just happy right now that the animals are going to be receiving high-quality care,” Michigan Humane Society spokesman Kevin Hatman said, though he didn’t comment on the police investigation. “I’m personally glad that the animals are here, and we’re going to be taking a look at them.”

Viral Stupidity or Viral Criminality?

The video went viral earlier this week, and apparently enough people were concerned with the well-being of these animals that authorities decided to step in.

It’s not obvious from the video that any fighting actually took place. This could be little more than boasting. The dogs don’t look like the images of fighting dogs I’ve seen in the past (think back to the Michael Vick horrors.)

Indeed, some of the things said in the video sound almost like parody – the mention of Michael Vick, for instance – though whatever humor they’re aiming for (if this is the case) falls flat due to the grim subject matter. (Right Daniel Tosh?)

Showing off images of a bunch of animals on your property kept in cages and bragging that they’re “champions in the making” is either an admission of guilt or just really, really stupid.

What We Say And Do Online Matters

It’s almost as though people still don’t quite understand the internet. The things we say and the images we show and the videos we post are all reflections of us as people – whether we’re just saying something silly or posting confessions.

You encounter this in one form or another all the time on the internet. People say something inflammatory on Twitter and then complain when it makes news. Or someone posts something scandalous to their own public Facebook account and then wonder why they didn’t get a job they were applying for.

The fact is, we’re in a time when our online lives are just as important as our “real lives.” The distinction between the two is pretty much a moot point. This is great for a lot of people, opening up new social and economic avenues. For other people, it’s a curse.

For really stupid people, it can mean getting raided by the police and having your animals taken away.

I hope this whole fiasco turns out to be one really bad joke. Dogfighting is a cruel sport. Dogs may not be people, but there’s no way any living being should be treated that way. Dogs should be taken on walks and photographed for blog posts, not bred to kill one another so people can gamble on the outcome.

But I suppose I’m preaching to the choir here.

The internet and our ability to quickly and cheaply take video and upload it for all the world to see can be a hugely valuable tool for spreading information about corrupt police, violent oppression, and all sorts of other useful things. But it can also be the quickest way to land yourself in trouble.

More as it unfolds.

Detroit Rapper Young Calicoe Raided After Dog Fighting Video Goes Viral - Forbes

2. Now anybody that wants to get mad at me can but I'm LOL @ this retard right now! I say it all the time that dildo fucks write the map right to their front door for the feds and everybody always wants to point the finger somewhere else when they come a knockin'. Remember this right here next time you're wanting to be a cool ass internet dog man writing 2xW, or "been to school", or whatever moronic fucking comments you think you need to put up seeking internet glory!

Fucking stupid ass!!!! LOL

3. CBRSALT

CBRSALT Big Dog

2nd dat boogie!! Paint a target on ur back and u will get hit!!! What an idiot is all I can say. He mighyt as well roll dogs downtown on the street corner.

4. swiftersweeper

swiftersweeper Big Dog

shit whats wrong with that. thats why people need to leave things in the past with these dogs. read up on this stuff for the history but dont get carried away. today the internet can be easily traced. if you have myspace, facebook etc they already know who you are. the internet is not a blind place. be careful with your dogs people and leave the bullshit to the bullshiters like this calicoe ass hole and the other 5 people that were just busted. safe bet today as its been since 1976 is to be legal with these dogs. smell the coffee everyone times need to change unless your one willing to do a 5year bid.

5. venom

venom Top Dog

lmao, damn they moved fast. Guess I was wrong about them worrying about his 3 dogs and a rooster lol

6. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Anyone making a video like that needs to be neutered himself. That went down super fast. What did the ignotant fuck expect? Probably never did a damn thing with or for his dogs, so I am glad he does not have them anymore.
    Glad I take great care of mine, do things with them, and do good by them and put them first.

7. back2basics

back2basics Big Dog

He should've been arrested just for that crappy dog house alone

8. Bluedog

Bluedog Big Dog

ahahah, what a fucking dumbass.
    Unfortunately, this shit is par the course for Detroit; dudes buying APBT (or for the most part, American Bullies and CALLING them APBT) to look tough and fighting em.
    Who the fuck.. I mean.. what?? Who even DOES that? Who makes a video straight-up saying "I fight this rooster"?? ahah good god.

9. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

OMFG That dumb mother fucker lol ... I looked at his twitter page and he wrote NEVER FORGET that im a business man FIRST. What a joke if he had any sense or was about his business at all he would never make a video like that. A damn Clown .... SMH

10. babedulce

babedulce Big Dog

I had already let you all know that there are more important problems to worry about than Calicoe....LOL

11. SacRedboyOwner

SacRedboyOwner Top Dog

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:lmfao!! thats why you dont snitch on yourself!!

12. He should be put down for being a wack rapper!!

13. olddog

olddog Big Dog

You just can't cure STUPID !

Olddog

14. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

.....stupid is as stupid do's......lol...lol....shows how much he was into his dog's,,,,he hopes they all get comfy homes......."twat"

15. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

:0047:
    :Insanity:

16. KShowtime

KShowtime Pup

He was just fronting on camera he wasn't really into dogs anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. david63

david63 CH Dog

There's a dumbass born every minute.