1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Defination Of Gameness

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by J M A N, Apr 13, 2004.

1. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

A game dog has no fear of "Man", nor "Beast ", "Life", or "death". Although he has no fear of "Death" he will fight for "Life", be it his or his master's. A game dog has no master other than man, his closest ally and companion, and to man he gives his all. He chooses no other creature but man for this position.

His willingness to fight to the death, if he must, is not a lack of intelligence but a deep game inward strength that is difficult to comprehend. A game dog is a beautiful thing to behold. Not always a physical beauty, its much more than that, its an inward beauty.

A game dog has been described many different ways; "Tenacity", "Having Heart", "A Strong Will To Survive" and of course just plain "Vicious", just to name a few!!! But call it what you will, true gameness is a treasure rarer than gold or precious gem.

Gameness reaches past the mind, past the heart the soul and nerves, it resides deep into the depths of the spirit. Gameness cannot be seen by looking at the dog's color or confirmation, it cannot be seen in the shape of his head or the size and strength of his body; nor is it proven by the show of aggresion or the ability to do damage.

Gameness is a quality inherent in some but not in others. Its a quality that when found must be cherished and cared for, it must be preserved for all time, not destroyed as some would have it, out of fear and mis- understanding. Those who would destroy this admirable quality cannot have experienced that deep feeling that touches the very soul when deep gameness is displayed, it is sad but few ever will.
    Perhaps their disdain is rooted in fear and misconception. But one thing is certain, if these poor, misguided individuals had any understanding of this noble God given quality, they to would be shocked at themselves for ever given thought of the demise of the game dog.

So long live gameness and the creatures that possess it and if the care takers of it are even half as game as the dogs they posess, it will live on forever.....JMAN

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2005
  2. KnOck

KnOck Big Dog

Well put JMAN. You summed it up all right there!

Knock 'Em Out

3. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Gameness...the trait that seperates our breed from every other breed...

Good post,
    BB

4. Gamest

Gamest Pup

GOOD GOOD DEFINATION JMAN. And well put BBK. We must all strive to keep that trait in these dogs or that is all we will of out on them chains is dogs.

5. gator

gator Big Dog

I havent seen too many dogs that wont fight but only a few that keep scratchin when the scratchin gets tough. Like they say "you can take the dog outta the fight but you cant take the fight outta the dog"!

6. LA_Headhunters

LA_Headhunters Big Dog

Couldn't have said it better myself...............

7. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

Thank you!!!!

8. J.W

J.W Pup

Man i have to say that is the best i have ever seen gamness desribed! Good job man[​IMG]

9. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

A "must Read" For New Members.

10. BONE

BONE Pup

Yup I will say that was one hell of a write up. It made me feel even prouder to be feeding my dogs..Like I said one hell of a write up.

11. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

Thanks Bro

12. KURUPT

KURUPT Big Dog

Damn Bro that was heart felt right there.

13. what's up,.... I like what u wrote.... I've printed it out nice and framed it on my wall ...

14. There's an idea.

15. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

best darn defintion I've ever seen..man, you got me all teared up now..gotta go hug the dogs

16. Icarus

Icarus O.APBT'S

Man that was the best damn definition of game i have ever read yet. Hats off to ya bud.

17. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

Thanks guys.............it's easy to put into words when you believe what your writing. I wish all bulldog owners understood this.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2004
  18. Marty

Marty Guest

Bump for the new members ;)

19. blackbeard

blackbeard Big Dog

Gameness is simply a willingness to continue.

20. mrsmickey351

mrsmickey351 Guest

That was a great post. The best way to describe gameness. I am so glad that there are people that stil believe the way I do. That brought lumps to the throat.