1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

deep gameness

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by PIT_DOMINATION, Jul 22, 2006.

1. PIT_DOMINATION

PIT_DOMINATION Big Dog

to test a dogs gameness in the pit. does the dog have to be hurt and tired and keep going to know how game it is. or could both dogs just be tired and not hurt and the fight just goes on until one of them quits. would that be a test of gameness? and if so could you muzzle your dogs and let them wrestle until one quits.i dont mean like to friendly dogs playing i mean two dogs that hate each just trying rip through the muzzle. to really get at each other. i know it sounds dumb i just needed to know if there were any other way to test gameness.

2. LOL....to be honour I thought exact the same thing ....had nearly the same idea, but I thought not about muzzle the dogs I thought about a special fighting dress....like a stabil judoka dress. From my point of view the most important thing about game testing is will they go on through exhausting.Thats the point. Serious wounds are not important because even hounds go on with brocken legs etc.Are they able to come after houers from the bottom and try to finish the job....thats what tells you something about gameness. But I bet some will laugh at us......dont matter .If there where souch a way it would be possible to get the public for this sport. Then you could first watch klitschko vs Tyson and then Garners thunder vs Petersens CH Freedom.

3. Attila

Attila Guest

Vas? I am going to pretend I didn't just read about dogs in dresses. I am thinking you have partaken of one to many Pilsner's today. lol HeffeViesen's? Prost Mish friend! Das Ist Shur gutten.

Pit domination don't even talk about fighting dogs. We are not the only ones that veiw the contents of these sites. I wouldn't suggest even doing it with muzzles on. It is just asking trouble from the law. About all you can figure now is if it has some drive or if it turns on. The old rules are something you read about now and look at from a historical point. That is about all you can legally do. Just save yourself some serious trouble and read about the old days as a historical point and leave it at that. Just trying to protect you from problems later

4. LOL....to many german beer....lol...good point!.....BTW....Spike dressed in orange...uuh nice!

5. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Yes, a dog must be the downed/injured dog to prove any sort of gameness. Being on top will prove nothing, rough curs will go as long as they are winning. Gamedogs always think they are winning in their own minds. Muzzling two dogs not only proves absolutely nothing, it is extremely dangerous for the dog (exerting itself without the means to breath properly), and if that isnt enough....its just as illegal as dog-fighting. Dont do it, and dont talk about it if you value your freedom.

Mr. Garner addressed the issue in an article of his I particularly enjoy, I will paste the relevant section below.

"But why is it necessary to experience pain and injury in demonstrating courage and convictions? This is the nature of life, my friends. Ask Patrick Henry who died for his beliefs. Ask the mechanic who daily busts his knuckles to provide for his family. Ask the secretary who suffers migraines from stress but regularly gets the paperwork out on time. Ask the doctor, who accpets the pain of self-denial for eight years to complete his degree. Ask our president who took a bullet to the chest but didnt't run home and hide, ask yourself.

Pain is the hand-maiden of acheivement, and the triumph of will and perserverance over the forces of pain and fear, is the essence of all achievement. This is a scenario which permeates all of life. The props and actors may change but the story remains constant. Why then are so many people capable of accpeting this struggle in some settings, but not others? I suspect that many of these people do not have a good philosophical understanding of themselves, of life, and certainly, not of our dogs. Many people could not do an adequate job of contemplating their navels.

Many outsiders view our acceptance of pain in life as a love of pain. Nothing could be further from the truth. I for one would be perfectly content if our dogs could do their things without pain or injury, but that wouldnt require a great deal of conviction on their part now would it? Unnecessary pain is certainly an evil. That is why my dogs sleep in heated houses in the winter, eat good nutritious food, are kept free of parasites and get all of the love and affection I can muster."

1 person likes this.
  6. Attila

Attila Guest

nothing wrong with that. lol

7. simms

simms CH Dog

Take that to your breeder,or mentor or where you got your dogs and ask that Question...See how well that Idear floats, not on a public board. F%ck yes its a dumb Question!

8. Aurora

Aurora Pup

LOL ! I was thinking it but decided not to say it !